I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

Reaction score
What's New in Version 3.0.0
New Product:
- Added support for the DJI Mavic - Don't care.
- Added support to N3 Flight Controller - Don't care.

Osmo Mobile:
- Added support for panorama quality adjustment and gimbal stick speed settings - Don't care.
- Extended recording time by changing video storage location to the DJI GO app - Don't care.

Zenmuse XT:
- Optimized compatibility of area temperature measurement control - Don't care.

General:
- Added music template in Editor - Don't care.
- Added language support for simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, English, Japanese, and German - Don't care.
- Optimized live streaming performance - Don't care.
- Weird icon for camera/video mode swap
- C2+aperture wheel disabled
- camera settings (grid, format, exposure) gone when app is turned off, need to input info again
- BIG font, lost space on pad
- Center symbol in grid gone
- Longer time to warm up
- Loss of video more frequent than before
- P4 less stable in hover
(add you dislikes if you have any)

Here is my award to DJI for GO app 3.0.0

Award.jpg

One of the most helpful and easiest way to fix the horizontal issue of the gimbal and they disabled it.
I really can't understand, what the F**K these guys in DJI are thinking.:mad::eek:

Reactions: Juergen B
I don't like the update, and us with phantom 3 wifi models have had serious performance problems. If you are on iOS, I have a downgrade tutorial I found.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just follow this tutorial exactly, it works on both mac and PC. How to downgrade to any DJI GO App version
After you do that, sync all your flights if you want to save them, delete the app off your phone then connect you your computer and download the app from your computer onto your phone.
Make sure you have auto update turned off in the settings.

Reactions: nightpirate
So I had raised a ticket with DJI regarding the C2+EXP Jog Wheel and also wondering about the new Camera Center function in the advanced Gimbal settings; Here's what they came back with:

"
Hi there,

Good day! Just got back from the National Holiday.

The meanwhile got the feedback from our engineers as below:

1. Our engineers have tested the C2+EXP combination, yes, it is not working on IOS3.0 APP. And we will add that to the next updates.

2. The Centering Camera function is to adjust the gimbal tilt, similar to the left dial wheel on the remote, but only it will point to the level or down directly if you click it

MYNAME, sorry again for the trouble caused by the IOS3.0 app. If possible you can try to get older firmware. And we will urge engineers to get the updates as soon as they can.

Have a nice day. "

I use Android and my question is when they release the upgrade 3.0.0 do I jave to update or can I stay on excisiting firmware, and how do I stop it updating automatically.
Thanks

I use Android and my question is when they release the upgrade 3.0.0 do I jave to update or can I stay on excisiting firmware, and how do I stop it updating automatically.
Thanks

I don't have any android devices so I am not familiar with how they function but it is likely in your settings somewhere to disable auto update. The firmware on your drone won't update unless you tell it to.

The meanwhile got the feedback from our engineers as below: .....

2. The Centering Camera function is to adjust the gimbal tilt, similar to the left dial wheel on the remote, but only it will point to the level or down directly if you click it
"

This sounds like a new capability I've been dreaming of, but this DJI description isn't very clear enough to totally grasp how the feature works.

If this feature lets me set a camera pitch down setting of -16°, and is triggered with a tap of C1 to get an exact -16° pitch angle, that would be helpful to avoid props in the view.

Can anyone confirm this is what this new feature is used for?

Reactions: Morrolan
261ac5dc6b66b86547abd18c10fac272.jpg

I'm not updating yet. Litchi was crashing doing panorama with the new version,I down graded and all is fine now.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Another bug with the new icon for camera/video swap:

From video mode, use this icon to swap to photo mode and take a picture: for the first photo the camera shutter sound will be missing.

I'm sure glad I didn't update the iOS DJI Go app. Not going to be a guinea pig again:eek:.

Reactions: Cactus Wren

One of the most helpful and easiest way to fix the horizontal issue of the gimbal and they disabled it.
I really can't understand, what the F**K these guys in DJI are thinking.:mad::eek:
What they're thinking is basically this:
"Gee, I wonder what product platform we can come up with next to get more purchases than our competition?"
Not that competitiveness and staying ahead of the curve is bad for the market or consumers, but there also has to be this thing called "service after the sale". I think for all their best intentions, DJI might not be as adept at the latter as they are at the former.

I just stopped all the auto updates to my Android Smartphone and tablets!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20