I really don't feel safe to buy...

I felt the same way until I finally pulled the trigger. Love the phantom 3 and no issues at all with it. I have experience with Dji's F550 that I built myself and also love that machine. So I had confidence in my flying skills. I believe the issues are with the users making mistakes. Just take it slow and easy. Learn it and Practice flying it before pushing the limits. Don't rush it.

Reactions: SteveD718
I felt the same way until I finally pulled the trigger. Love the phantom 3 and no issues at all with it. I have experience with Dji's F550 that I built myself and also love that machine. So I had confidence in my flying skills. I believe the issues are with the users making mistakes. Just take it slow and easy. Learn it and Practice flying it before pushing the limits. Don't rush it.
You haven't obviously read my issues. Things can go wrong regardless of how experienced one is. Keep your fingers crossed it don't happen to you.

I think it is very important to do research before you buy, especially something as technically advanced as the Phantom 3. Unless you are truly a techie at heart it is not for you. With the Phantom comes a lot responsibility. It is not something you will take out of the box and immediately have out flying, it will take hours of reading, understanding and practice, not just flight characteristics but the software and hardware that makes the Phantom fly. Jumping on the sticks and getting the thing airborne is only a tiny bit of the full spectrum that is the Phantom. If you expect anything different you will be severely disappointed as some that post here are. If you take the time and effort to understand how to operate the entire platform and truly understand what is behind the magic curtain of your UAV it will reward you with enjoyment and beautiful images that you could never ever hope to get from anything you could ever experience. I have only had my Phantom 3 a week and have probably close to 40 flights but know for sure I will always have this Phantom 3 and my Minelab with me every single place I ever travel to in the future.

Reactions: SteveD718
In my opinion the P3 is rock solid. Just treat the unit with respect, read the whole manual and understand everything. Practise at close quarters first, especially if you have no RC or real aircraft experience, oh and RTFM [emoji4]. Above all, understand and know when and when not to calibrate the compass.

You haven't obviously read my issues. Things can go wrong regardless of how experienced one is. Keep your fingers crossed it don't happen to you.
I never said every phantom is perfect nor is every one going to have the issues that you've had. I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that are considering but having doubts about buying the P3 and if they decide to go with it, it can be a good product if all goes well. But also, people have done things that they shouldn't have to cause accidents. Like not knowing about csc or flying in high in gusty winds. Just giving examples.

If I would have thought about what people thought about flying, I would have never started....after flying airplanes for forty three years (37 with the airlines) without putting one scratch on an airplane, today I bought my first drone (p3p). I intend to keep my record safe.
Just like the flying I used to do, this will take some preparation. I intend to learn everything I can before my first flight.

Reactions: jcknows0
In my opinion the P3 is rock solid. Just treat the unit with respect, read the whole manual and understand everything. Practise at close quarters first, especially if you have no RC or real aircraft experience, oh and RTFM [emoji4]. Above all, understand and know when and when not to calibrate the compass.
Second that!

If I would have thought about what people thought about flying, I would have never started....after flying airplanes for forty three years (37 with the airlines) without putting one scratch on an airplane, today I bought my first drone (p3p). I intend to keep my record safe.
Just like the flying I used to do, this will take some preparation. I intend to learn everything I can before my first flight.

That approach will yield you many many fun days in the future.

I think it is very important to do research before you buy, especially something as technically advanced as the Phantom 3. Unless you are truly a techie at heart it is not for you. With the Phantom comes a lot responsibility. It is not something you will take out of the box and immediately have out flying, it will take hours of reading, understanding and practice, not just flight characteristics but the software and hardware that makes the Phantom fly. Jumping on the sticks and getting the thing airborne is only a tiny bit of the full spectrum that is the Phantom. If you expect anything different you will be severely disappointed as some that post here are. If you take the time and effort to understand how to operate the entire platform and truly understand what is behind the magic curtain of your UAV it will reward you with enjoyment and beautiful images that you could never ever hope to get from anything you could ever experience. I have only had my Phantom 3 a week and have probably close to 40 flights but know for sure I will always have this Phantom 3 and my Minelab with me every single place I ever travel to in the future.
Have you ever read DJI's website about these things. I did. They don't say you need to be a rocket scientist to fly one. The only requirement is you be 18. They sell them to all kinds of people, no experience necessary. Open the box, read the directions and go fly. I bought and waited for mine from DJI. If they had explained like you just did, how many would they sell.

I never said every phantom is perfect nor is every one going to have the issues that you've had. I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that are considering but having doubts about buying the P3 and if they decide to go with it, it can be a good product if all goes well. But also, people have done things that they shouldn't have to cause accidents. Like not knowing about csc or flying in high in gusty winds. Just giving examples.
Not that I need to explain to you but just for the sake of this conversation, I'm not quite that stupid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 268
Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?
Boy how I wish I knew what you now know before I bought. But I didn't and I bought one. I would like to just get my money back and I would move on. I do think you are smart for being cautious.

Have you ever read DJI's website about these things. I did. They don't say you need to be a rocket scientist to fly one. The only requirement is you be 18. They sell them to all kinds of people, no experience necessary. Open the box, read the directions and go fly. I bought and waited for mine from DJI. If they had explained like you just did, how many would they sell.

They would still sell them to rocket scientist like me, guaranteed.

Reactions: PaulS and AbsPapa
If you are concerned about laying out a large investment, you can get into the hobby with far less to lose...
I found you a hexacopter for a very reasonable price, under $40.00
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/revell/rvle09_e.html

RedHotPoker
I already worked my way up. I started with the ones that you have to fly to stay up in the air. Mastersd those and decided to buy a P3. I was very happy with it (very happy cause it worked) until I updated.

Many of those posts were from trolls (lairs). I'm sure several P3's have crashed. People said the same thing about the P2's as there were many reports of them crashing. However, there were 400,000 P2's sold. So what is 100 or 200 crashes? People are always going to report their crashes. Every time I fly and don't have any issues I don't make a post about it. If we all did... you'd see a TON of posts about great flights and almost none about crashes. And the forum would be unreadable.
I agree! If all phantoms, or even half sold were falling out of the sky, DJI wouldn't be the top selling multi-rotor company in the world.

I agree! If all phantoms, or even half sold were falling out of the sky, DJI wouldn't be the top selling multi-rotor company in the world.
Are they the top seller? Did they tell you that or did you read it somewhere. Just curious.

Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?
EASY TO FLY Your Phantom 3 Professional fits into your life and makes flying remarkably intuitive and easy. From takeoff to landing, it is completely under your control, responding to your commands while automatically handling the most complex aspects of safe, stable flight.

Are they the top seller? Did they tell you that or did you read it somewhere. Just curious.
I'm sure you know how to use google. See if the phantom doesn't pop up as number across the board. It did when I checked.

I find I am having to do this multiple times a day now and it is very disappointing. Most of you are adults, please act accordingly.
Please stay on topic, do not attack others personally, and do not pass judgement on others here.
For those of you that hate your quad so much the simple solution would be to cut your losses now and sell it and stop with the negativity.
I have already warned some people in this thread and I will continue unless everyone can play nice. Carry on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers