I really don't feel safe to buy...

Sorry but that is crap answer, I am a DJI customer that has not had a response to support ticket in over 6 weeks.

Sorry you feel that one. It still doesn't help the fact, that I have no access to their system.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
Sorry you feel that one. It still doesn't help the fact, that I have no access to their system.
But what is a customer to do that gets no answer to a support ticket ?

You will have seen my posts and the support that I give DJI, but this is crap !

But what is a customer to do that gets no answer to a support ticket ?

You will have seen my posts and the support that I give DJI, but this is crap !

Call them.. I honestly don't know their operations. I'm only part of US support. Like I said I have no access to the system.

I think you are smart for doing your homework before investing. You should also thank those that have alerted the general public about these issues with DJI, good and bad. The sponsers of this forum do not want any negative criticism about these aircraft. It reminds me of the Chinese gov't punishing any of their citizens for protesting about anything. After all, DJI is a Chinese company. Someone I guarantee will criticize me for this posting. Read their terms and conditions of using this forum. Only comments in favor of DJI products are welcome. Even if you have a legitimate complaint. Just to inform you of my plight with my Phantom 3 pro, it has 20 flights and it has been sent back to DJI for repairs because it doesn't work. Again buyer beware.

Problem is, he hasn't done his homework.
Anyone who has done their homework, and read the crash threads will KNOW, the percentages of units sold to crashes are low. Even more important, in my opinion after actually reading virtually every crash thread, most are BS.
Most crash threads don't have any video, and a whole lot are user error.
If he did his homework, he would never have asked the question.
If you researched enough into this hobby, you would know where the technology is with any manufacturer. This hobby is old, but the technology and where the hobby is, is relatively young.
Support is the big problem with DJI.
From what I understand and have read, it's not great with the other competitors either though.
The more people crash, and attempt to blame the unit for their own errors, the more time and processes the mfg's will put in place to investigate each one hurting every legitimate warranty claim.

Problem is, he hasn't done his homework.
Anyone who has done their homework, and read the crash threads will KNOW, the percentages of units sold to crashes are low. Even more important, in my opinion after actually reading virtually every crash thread, most are BS.
Most crash threads don't have any video, and a whole lot are user error.
If he did his homework, he would never have asked the question.
If you researched enough into this hobby, you would know where the technology is with any manufacturer. This hobby is old, but the technology and where the hobby is, is relatively young.
Support is the big problem with DJI.
From what I understand and have read, it's not great with the other competitors either though.
The more people crash, and attempt to blame the unit for their own errors, the more time and processes the mfg's will put in place to investigate each one hurting every legitimate warranty claim.
I never crashed. My craft stopped flying correctly. If I kept flying my craft the erratic way it was flying after updating, I would have eventually crashed. It became very hard to control. Yes, an idiot can crash a craft that flies perfectly just because he or she might be wreckless or plain stupid. Anyone certainly knows that. Who knows why some of the P3's go bad? Not even DJI knows. If they did, they would put out a fix. It has to have something to do with quality control, or inferior parts, or may be a design flaw. Again who knows why? My bird is now with DJI in LA for them to check out why. They will check out the flight record. They could say my tablet screwed it or it won't fly in my city.

I think you are smart for doing your homework before investing. You should also thank those that have alerted the general public about these issues with DJI, good and bad. The sponsers of this forum do not want any negative criticism about these aircraft. It reminds me of the Chinese gov't punishing any of their citizens for protesting about anything. After all, DJI is a Chinese company. Someone I guarantee will criticize me for this posting. Read their terms and conditions of using this forum. Only comments in favor of DJI products are welcome. Even if you have a legitimate complaint. Just to inform you of my plight with my Phantom 3 pro, it has 20 flights and it has been sent back to DJI for repairs because it doesn't work. Again buyer beware.
OK Abs .. I'll play.
You don't waste any chance to post that you don't like DJI.
We get it. You've made dozens of posts all saying the same thing - you don't like DJI.
You also admitted that you don't understand much about the Phantom and the only problem you gave any detail on was that your Phantom was drifting 6 inches.
I suspect that your lack of understanding was a major contributing factor in your lack of satisfaction.

FYI DJI are not sponsors of this forum but lots of members that understand quadcopter flying and have no serious problems flying their products will happily chime in to explain that your blanket DJI is bad kind of comment isn't right.

You've had more than a fair go with your tales of woe. You've contributed plenty to the sort of post that started this thread. How about giving it a rest now and waiting for your P3 to come back.
Take the time to read the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bigdz
"What happened?" "I don't know, the wind blew." WTF?! That's what happens to these things when the wind blows??!! Haha Somehow I think it was more than that. Flying with too many people in close proximity too. Sheesh.
Thats funny we posted that at the same time. It was more than wind the thing glitched!

Reactions: acherman
Had a few more great, problem free, super enjoyable and worry free flights today. Even over water. Had launched and hand caught in a canoe. [emoji16]

I think I see one to everyone that runs into me while flying. Owned mine since May, zero issues.

The problem is, no one post how great they are. You only here complaints or issues. Im sure if every posted good threads it would outweigh the bad

OK Abs .. I'll play.
You don't waste any chance to post that you don't like DJI.
We get it. You've made dozens of posts all saying the same thing - you don't like DJI.
You also admitted that you don't understand much about the Phantom and the only problem you gave any detail on was that your Phantom was drifting 6 inches.
I suspect that your lack of understanding was a major contributing factor in your lack of satisfaction.

FYI DJI are not sponsors of this forum but lots of members that understand quadcopter flying and have no serious problems flying their products will happily chime in to explain that your blanket DJI is bad kind of comment isn't right.

You've had more than a fair go with your tales of woe. You've contributed plenty to the sort of post that started this thread. How about giving it a rest now and waiting for your P3 to come back.
Take the time to read the manual.

He should read the forum guidelines too.
He posted a SPAM thread less than an hour after you posted asking him to give it a rest.

Reactions: dirkclod
Oh gosh! Good thing the kids were on the other side
Yes, they would have been decapitated - all of them - because the sky is falling and the drone has four lethal weapons attached that are designed to spew blood and mayhem.
Give it a break. It bounced off the guy with his back to the operator and was later laughing about it. No blood, no mayhem, no fleet of emergency services.

Yes, they would have been decapitated - all of them - because the sky is falling and the drone has four lethal weapons attached that are designed to spew blood and mayhem.
Give it a break. It bounced off the guy with his back to the operator and was later laughing about it. No blood, no mayhem, no fleet of emergency services.
So easy....................................

geicocavemen2.jpg

a caveman can fly it lol!!!

Reactions: PaulS

Lol I was just saying I weren't knocking it down, don't get me wrong I love these things and will be buying a next one, I've been flying rc nitro helicopters for over three years now, those far more dangerous than drones but they haven't got that advance technology so when they do crash most of the time it's user error, it's just all these post puts a fear in the bad of your mind that each time your gonna fly a drone there will be a 50% chance of a technical malfunction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've flown other quads (e.g. walkera) and I would say the the P3 is relatively easy to fly with a lot of failsafes (e.g. beginer mode, telemetry, battery warnings, RTH etc) built in. If you are learning to fly a quad for the first time it's like riding a bike, You are going to have a few crashes. Just mitigate your risk by not flying to high or too far, find an open space to practice, and slowly understand you own limitations as well as be able know your quad well enough to know when it is misbehaving and what to do.

If you have never flown a quad, I would strong suggest buy a toy quad like a X5C or X8C and crash the hell out of it for practice.

I had A walkera 350 pro it crashed 5 minuts in to the first flight, i was howering 20 meters up, didn't do any maneuvers suddenly it flipped over and dropped down like a rock from the sky. the gimbal got busted and the frame broke, opened it up and found out that one of the esc had burned. Bought new esc and new fram put everything together. Second flight did the exact same thing flew up but only 5 meter this time, hovering for maybe 15 seconds and it flipped and came down like a rock. frame got busted again( it fell down on 1 feet of grass) opened the f..ing thing up again this time the motherboard had burn!!!! gave the **** to a friend told him i don't want too see it again. It cost 900 dollars in Sweden that crappy bird, didn't even bother to try to get the dealer to refund because it would be impossible. I love RC have crashed a lot av heli and planes and quads, always pilot error tho. Than the drone god showed me a sign, Buy a Phantom 3 hmmm what will i tell my wife?? can't come home with a quad that cost 1500 dollars!! But i went allin and hoped she wouldn't notice its a new one :)). So now i have been flying for 2 months without a single fault everything is working perfect I'm so happy, never had an RC that stayed alive for this long :)) its amazing how safe they are to fly. Ofcourse i feel sorry for those how got problems. This forum has helped me a lot I've been reading how to do all the things before flying how to update how to calibrate and do safe flying away from crowds and lot of buildings. Thanks to Phantompilots!!

Reactions: Gary E and IflyinWY
I had A walkera 350 pro it crashed 5 minuts in to the first flight, i was howering 20 meters up, didn't do any maneuvers suddenly it flipped over and dropped down like a rock from the sky. the gimbal got busted and the frame broke, opened it up and found out that one of the esc had burned. Bought new esc and new fram put everything together. Second flight did the exact same thing flew up but only 5 meter this time, hovering for maybe 15 seconds and it flipped and came down like a rock. frame got busted again( it fell down on 1 feet of grass) opened the f..ing thing up again this time the motherboard had burn!!!! gave the **** to a friend told him i don't want too see it again. It cost 900 dollars in Sweden that crappy bird, didn't even bother to try to get the dealer to refund because it would be impossible. I love RC have crashed a lot av heli and planes and quads, always pilot error tho. Than the drone god showed me a sign, Buy a Phantom 3 hmmm what will i tell my wife?? can't come home with a quad that cost 1500 dollars!! But i went allin and hoped she wouldn't notice its a new one :)). So now i have been flying for 2 months without a single fault everything is working perfect I'm so happy, never had an RC that stayed alive for this long :)) its amazing how safe they are to fly. Ofcourse i feel sorry for those how got problems. This forum has helped me a lot I've been reading how to do all the things before flying how to update how to calibrate and do safe flying away from crowds and lot of buildings. Thanks to Phantompilots!!

Thanks for the happy ending to your story Tomcro, and welcome to the party.

You will find some helpful stuff in my signature.

Enjoy the show.

Reactions: Tomcro
Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?

The first few times I flew it I was scared, shaking, sweaty, etc. Then the day I took it up and (since I already know how to fly) and sent it out 3000ft away I was hooked. In fact the only reason I came back was because I kept it at about 160ft and the signal went down to 2 bars. The thrill you get once you get that thing moving is well worth the $1000.

Think about it comparatively. For me it was easy. I spend more money on weed in a month than my phantom is worth. Now it doesn't seem so expensive anymore!

Reactions: jimdenburg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4