I really don't feel safe to buy...

I think you are smart for doing your homework before investing. You should also thank those that have alerted the general public about these issues with DJI, good and bad. The sponsers of this forum do not want any negative criticism about these aircraft. It reminds me of the Chinese gov't punishing any of their citizens for protesting about anything. After all, DJI is a Chinese company. Someone I guarantee will criticize me for this posting. Read their terms and conditions of using this forum. Only comments in favor of DJI products are welcome. Even if you have a legitimate complaint. Just to inform you of my plight with my Phantom 3 pro, it has 20 flights and it has been sent back to DJI for repairs because it doesn't work. Again buyer beware.
That's not even true. Do you even read the posts about troubles and units being shipped back, warranty, app and firmware problems? I haven't seen mods or DJI slam or ban any of those people. I enjoy reading those threads because they give me something to keep an eye out for.

Well I think he is right not feeling safe to buy a phantom. This insecurity is based on the forum incidents posts which are true but statistically not significant.

So the case here is statistics and statistics tell us that phantom is safe to fly. However, most of the people are not aware of this.

Reactions: Shrekpower
A Rupture in the Wall of the Stomach or Intestine, Anemia, Bleeding of the Stomach or Intestines, Blood coming from ****, Bronchospasm, Decrease in the Ability of Platelet Cells to Clot, Decreased Blood Platelets, Decreased White Blood, Cells, Drowsiness, Giant Hives, Hemolytic Anemia, Hemorrhage Within the Skin, Hepatitis caused by Drugs, Hive, Inflammation of Skin caused by an Allergy, Interstitial Nephritis, Itching, Large Purple or Brown Skin Blotches, Life Threatening Allergic Reaction, Reaction due to an Allergy, Ringing in the Ears, Seizures, Small Skin Blister...etc

If someone gave you the above list and said take this pill, but you might experience the above...would you be inclined to take it? The above list is an abbreviated list of possible side effects of Aspirin.

What you may experience, and what you will experience are two different things. Good to do your research, get in touch with a local dealer that do "hands on" sessions...discuss with them their experienced failure rates...and weigh your own risk factors. As many have said, putting too much weight into reading a site by its nature is focused on problems rather than success isn't exactly the full picture.

Reactions: PaulS and Toddzilla
One thing for sure, this community is awesome! :) Lots of people are really nice here!

I'd like to thank everyone who replied so far!

From what I understand, you really need to be careful/well prepared when you use it and you have to be super patient if it breaks for whatever reason if you RMA, not scared to scrap it and finally hope for the best with no randon failures during flight! :)

Reactions: rcfanatics
Every cutting edge hobby has an element of risk involved, hobbies by definition should be financed with discretionary funds, so if you can't afford to lose the money don't buy. Don't let the doom and gloom posters make the decision for you, the vast majority of buyers are flying without issue, as has been said, 25,000 members on this one forum alone, with maybe 30-40 people with serious issues, most of which can be attributed to pilot inexperience or error, the other few were equipment faults, that's a very small percentage. If you educate yourself, take small steps and do not overfly your experience (and the temptation is there) you should be fine.

I've had probably 120 flights on the phantom 3. It's been very stabile and I haven't had any real problems other than gimbal horizon issues for which I've tried cold IMU calibrations and it hasn't really been consistently correct. It's been flow 1650 feet up and 16,624 feet away and everywhere in between. I'm happy with the phantom3.

Now, customer service. Has to be the worse in the industry.. It's pathetic. Online sales problems. Wait time 6-8 weeks for repairs. It's horrible. I don't know about phantom 3 repair times but for the inspire....it's pathetic.

Sine the phantom 3 has many parts available you can fix, it's a safer bet than an inspire 1. I would never buy another inspire 1 unless they fix their screwed up customer service system

Reactions: blade strike
I've had probably 120 flights on the phantom 3. It's been very stabile and I haven't had any real problems other than gimbal horizon issues for which I've tried cold IMU calibrations and it hasn't really been consistently correct. It's been flow 1650 feet up and 16,624 feet away and everywhere in between. I'm happy with the phantom3.

Now, customer service. Has to be the worse in the industry.. It's pathetic. Online sales problems. Wait time 6-8 weeks for repairs. It's horrible. I don't know about phantom 3 repair times but for the inspire....it's pathetic.

Sine the phantom 3 has many parts available you can fix, it's a safer bet than an inspire 1. I would never buy another inspire 1 unless they fix their screwed up customer service system

I do agree this is dji biggest weakness currently. Better than in the past, having to send to China but still too long. Next month they will be adding another support center in Southern California. At least they are trying to improve.

Reactions: Gary E
I do agree this is dji biggest weakness currently. Better than in the past, having to send to China but still too long. Next month they will be adding another support center in Southern California. At least they are trying to improve.
yes support is an issue, i never did hear back from eu support (6 weeksago with my currently open ticket) i did buy through an eu seller that has full support with parts so i know i am covered.

I do agree this is dji biggest weakness currently. Better than in the past, having to send to China but still too long. Next month they will be adding another supporty center in Southern California. At least they are trying to improve.
They better. I sent my inspire back after the wiring failed 3 days after owning it. It's been almost a month and I haven't gotten refunded. It wasn't because the product wasn't nice and a joy to fly....it was because customer service sucks so bad.

I will not be buying any more DJI products until they fix their broken system in California. This move better be worth it because I'm watching to see how customer service improves. I wouldn't with all my heart recommend people buy an inspire based upon customer service alone. Although I haven't gotten my refund yet....with accessories I sent back to Amazon, 4300 I will be putting back in my bank account. DJI, if you want it, fix your CS. Even Blade admits some things need fixing. Fix them DJI!

They better. I sent my inspire back after the wiring failed 3 days after owning it. It's been almost a month and I haven't gotten refunded. It wasn't because the product wasn't nice and a joy to fly....it was because customer service sucks so bad.

I will not be buying any more DJI products until they fix their broken system in California. This move better be worth it because I'm watching to see how customer service improves. I wouldn't with all my heart recommend people buy an inspire based upon customer service alone. Although I haven't gotten my refund yet....with accessories I sent back to Amazon, 4300 I will be putting back in my bank account. DJI, if you want it, fix your CS. Even Blade admits some things need fixing. Fix them DJI!

Please pm me your case number, I will see what I can do.

The biggest thing I see broken is the doa issues. If a person receives something like you did or is doa this should be put in as expedited. You shouldn't have to wait 6 weeks.

Reactions: Gary E

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub