I PADS & CELL PHONES

Reaction score
I have "down-loaded" the DJI GO program to both my cell phone and my full-size I pad. Both work great; but obviously, the much larger screen of the I pad is pretty slick.

The mounting arrangement to mount that big full-sized I Pad on the controller for my Phantom 3 "standard" is a bit awkward, so I am going back to using the "stock" method - clamping my obviously smaller & lighter cell-phone to the controller.

While I am operating my drone, it would be slick to hand the i pad to friends so they could see what I am seeing on my cell phone.

BUT
Is there ANYTHING that can go wrong if I turn on BOTH my cell-phone (using the "stock" mount on the controller, and ALSO turn on my I Pad so that both are receving the picture from the I pad at the same time ?

I assume that you meant "both are receiving the picture from the controller". Not sure about the standard, but on the P3A/P, the phone or tablet is connected to the controller via a cable so just turning both on wont work. Obviously, you can't run the app on both at the same time - everything would be confused. There are some apps that allow the phone to sent the view on the screen to another device also running the app. I looked at one a few months ago for iPad to iPad, but wasn't impressed by the reviews so didn't purchase it. I'll try to hunt it down again and get you a link.

Update: the app that I was referring to was Litchi Vu. Works on the litchi app and requires a hotspot. Confirmed that there is no direct way to connect 2 tablets to the standard at the same time via the wifi.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Is there ANYTHING that can go wrong if I turn on BOTH my cell-phone (using the "stock" mount on the controller, and ALSO turn on my I Pad so that both are receving the picture from the I pad at the same time ?
That's not possible since you can only connect one mobile device to the Phantom's Wi-Fi network at a time.

I assume that you meant "both are receiving the picture from the controller"....... the phone or tablet is connected to the controller via a cable .......confirmed that there is no direct way to connect 2 tablets to the standard at the same time via the wifi.

Thank you for TRYING to help ! I must confess much of what you tried to explain to me is beyond my understanding; like your trying to explain the physics and chemistry of how a flash-light works to a monkey ! Yes, I have figured out how to make my Phantom 3 "standard" go up and down and turn left and right.......just as you could probably teach a monkey to operate a flashlight......!

I do have some degree of technical competence of the electronics of the era I grew up in ( 0Z 4 tubes, variable condensor tuners...etc....) so you can see how hopeless I am with this modern stuff......!

Your attempt to help me is appreciated - but irrelevant to my question. Let me explain. There are NO mechanical connections between either my I Pad's or my cell phone's electronics to my Phantom 3 "standards's" controller. No wired connections. It all is done "over the air".

Let me TRY and explain it in terms I can relate to. Seems that both my drone, its controller my cell phone & my I Pad are transceivers using coded signals "over the air". transmitter, transmitting some kind of black magic over the air.

The above would explain how I am able to make my Phantom 3 "standard" drone do things either with the controls on the controller itself, or by touching the display on either my I pad or cell phone.

So - my question is - any possibility of harm or screw-ups if I have BOTH my cell-phone AND my I pad turned on to the DJI GO program, so that I can see what my drone's camera is seeing, on BOTH at the same time .

( yes...I am THAT old and out of date....!)

any possibility of harm or screw-ups if I have BOTH my cell-phone AND my I pad turned on to the DJI GO program, so that I can see what my drone's camera is seeing, on BOTH at the same time
That's not possible.

[QUOTE="msinger, post: 1192858, member: 18206" That's not possible. [/QUOTE]
.................................................................................

Thanks for trying to help me understand all this - but I need more detail. WHAT is "not possible" ?

It most certainly IS possible that I can turn my I pad and my cell phone on to the DJI GO icon. Then it is most certainly possible I can turn on my controller, and then it is most certainly possible I can turn on battery power on the drone.

So THAT's what I want to know....if I do all that...can I screw up anything ?

What I am HOPING someone will tell me who understands this modern digital stuff - is that I can see what is going on with my drone on the DJI GO program on my cell phone ( which is clamped to my Phanton 3 "standard's" controller, and at the same time, have a buddy hold my full-sized I Pad and see on that much larger screen, what I am doing.

As msinger explained in post #3, you can only connect one device to the Phantom's Wi-Fi at a time.

As msinger explained in post #3, you can only connect one device to the Phantom's Wi-Fi at a time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Not entirely correct - I got curious - took a chance and tried it.

Turned on both the cell phone and my I pad, connected both to the Phantom 3 standard's wi fi, then switched on the DJI GO. The GPS based map & the various control icons do show up on both. Tried it several times - each time - both units get connected
B U T

the camera will only feed one, and the one that isnt getting the camera feed will not respond to "touch screen" commands.

Bottom line - you guys are right - with the equipment that I have, and my very limited talents with this technology, I cannot do what I want - meaning - cant get both my I pad and my cell phone to show what the camera is transmitting.

Thanks for tryng to help me understand this stuff !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20