I pad app and data transfer ?

Reaction score
So I bought my IPad Mini 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and want to possibly trade it in today for the Bigger Air 2.

Can I transfer the app and the data from my flight records to a new Tablet or should I just start from scratch?

Only have less than 2 hours and no problems logged.

I am new to the apple and app's stuff as well as the Phantoms.

Thanks

Open flight records on your iPad Mini, and tap on the cloud symbol in the top right corner. You can sync all your flights to the cloud. When you have your new iPad, download the GO app...open the flight records page, and tap on the cloud symbol...all your old information will now load when you tell it to sync.

Reactions: Skyvalleyflyer
So I bought my IPad Mini 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and want to possibly trade it in today for the Bigger Air 2.

Can I transfer the app and the data from my flight records to a new Tablet or should I just start from scratch?

Only have less than 2 hours and no problems logged.

I am new to the apple and app's stuff as well as the Phantoms.

Thanks
OR you may do a backup of original iPad mini with iTunes and load the whole backup in the new iPad then. It works too - tested :)

OR you may do a backup of original iPad mini with iTunes and load the whole backup in the new iPad then. It works too - tested :)

Yes it will work but no point in backing up huge data files to your laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks, picking up an ipad pro right now.

I got a 9.7" iPad Pro a few months ago and it's great. Perfect size for flying the Phantom. And the integration is seamless. I can't imagine people flying with smaller tablets or, heaven forbid, cell phones. But then, my eyes are getting a little old.

Reactions: Vasekp
I got a 9.7" iPad Pro a few months ago and it's great. Perfect size for flying the Phantom. And the integration is seamless. I can't imagine people flying with smaller tablets or, heaven forbid, cell phones. But then, my eyes are getting a little old.
Agree with every word have the Pro too and it is very comfortable

Agree with every word have the Pro too and it is very comfortable
Funny story ... I didn't even ORDER an iPad Pro (I bought it online through the Apple website). I ordered an iPad AIR 2, 9.7-inch, 128gb.
And then I waited, and waited ...

The updates on the shipment weren't coming and then it showed that the order had been canceled. Canceled?!?

I contacted Apple by phone and they said the iPad Air 2 no longer comes as a 128gb tablet - that is now the iPad Pro. But their website hadn't been updated to reflect that change. (In double-checking the website, it still shows the iPad Air2 available as 128gb, so I'm still not sure what happened with my order).
So my order had been updated by Apple to reflect the Pro instead of the Air 2, and it didn't cost me a dime more. It was pretty sweet, because the speakers on the Pro are better than the Air 2, and I believe the iOS is better on the Pro. Otherwise, they are exactly the same.

Last edited:
The Pro is actually quite a bit better than the Air. It has brighter display and a better coating which makes it apples least reflective screen.

I like Android as well as iOS and have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone. I fly with it the odd time, but I much prefer the larger iPad.

And back to the original posters question.... Syncing records works well. Despite using two devices, I have all my iPad flights on the Galaxy Note and all my Note flights on the iPad.

The Pro is actually quite a bit better than the Air. It has brighter display and a better coating which makes it apples least reflective screen.

I like Android as well as iOS and have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone. I fly with it the odd time, but I much prefer the larger iPad.

And back to the original posters question.... Syncing records works well. Despite using two devices, I have all my iPad flights on the Galaxy Note and all my Note flights on the iPad.

True, I didn't really look at all the differences at first. But on the Apple site it does show better specs than I noted. Like the chip (not the iOS), the camera, the display, and some other things. Things that really don't matter to me all the much - I just wanted a good tablet for droning, and that's the whole reason I even bought the iPad. The anti-reflective coating is a big plus, though, when you're outdoors with the Phantom! I don't use it for anything else, other than occasionally reading an e-book.

Open flight records on your iPad Mini, and tap on the cloud symbol in the top right corner. You can sync all your flights to the cloud.

Thanks, that was a seamless transition to the new 9.7 IPad Pro. Got into Best Buy on the last day left to trade in the Mini 7.9 at full value for the larger Pro.

Now all I got to do is keep the new P4 away from trees and wires and stuff. :)

Reactions: rockydog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4