I need to downgrade my p3s

Reaction score
Please, Ive tried to search google and youtube for how to downgrade my Phantom 3 Standard with no success. After updating to the latest firmware my bird is continually losing connection. I go about 30-50 m and it disconnects. I use a LG3G phone, reinstalled DJI Go still no joy. Please Help! Thanks Archie

Reactions: Mzack
Sorry to hear that you're facing problems Archie, but to be honest there is no way to downgrade right now. But just to be clear which firmware are you running?

Sorry to hear that you're facing problems Archie, but to be honest there is no way to downgrade right now. But just to be clear which firmware are you running?
Hi Raj, the latest v01.06

Sorry bro but there is no way. changing location won't really help because the new updates 1.5 and 1.6 reduce the output signal strength. Only an area with no interference will perhaps let you fly further. Try updating your dji go app, as well as relinking your RC to your bird then do a full calibration (IMU and compass).

Also after turning on your RC, bird and linking your phone, on the dji go app home screen you should see a graduation hat at the top right corner, press and hold that for 10 seconds and see if it allows you to downgrade. chances are it won't but it's worth a try. you can search for my posts, i've written quite a bit about these updates, at the end my only option was to change the motherboard to get it back to 1.3.5.

Reactions: Mzack
Please, Ive tried to search google and youtube for how to downgrade my Phantom 3 Standard with no success. After updating to the latest firmware my bird is continually losing connection. I go about 30-50 m and it disconnects. I use a LG3G phone, reinstalled DJI Go still no joy. Please Help! Thanks Archie
A G3 or a 3G? If your phone isn't up to par your going to endure a ton of mishap..

It is still under warranty, is it worth sending back. I've think my dji go app is the latest one and I've tried the graduation hat and it won't allow me to downgrade. Not great as it is only three months old.

yes it is worth sending it back. just make sure you mention that you would prefer the drone to be set back to stock, so i believe that is 1.2. Just make sure to ask before sending.

I had to downgrade my p3p immediately. It was running perfect them i upgraded and it destroyed my alignment. Took 10 minutes to warm up. Right when I switched back it was golden. Haven't touched it since. Try reset and reinstall. There has to be something you can figure out

I'm unsure how to reset it. I've tried through the app but notbing works, any ideas? Thanks

yes it is worth sending it back. just make sure you mention that you would prefer the drone to be set back to stock, so i believe that is 1.2. Just make sure to ask before sending.
Raj, did you upgrade yours to the latest firmware? What happened and have you ever downgraded? Thanks

I updated to 1.5 and faced a lot of problems. after trying several things i decided to take the board apart and resolder an older cpu card to the main board. that sorted out my problems and put my drone back at 1.3.5. It isn't advisable to do what i did but i had no choice because to get my drone to work again would mean getting a new motherboard so experimenting with the old one was worth it. luckily it worked for me.
Note: i've had my drone for just about a year and my warranty is expired so doing what i did has no bearing on a loss because i'll have to buy replacement part. but yours is under warranty so i recommend sending to DJI and getting it fixed or rolled back to 1.2 and then updating it to 1.3 or 1.4 which ever you prefer.

I recently went through the v1.6.80 debacle. I had most of the same issues as others. I.e, lost video, weak signal, etc.
I found this posting on DJI Forum site. It worked for me.

Here it is. I'm pasting from the posting, so forgive the spelling and grammar. It's not mine.

Manual Downgrade Phantom 3 Standard (for FW 1.6.80 issue)
Home / PHANTOM
957 16 2016-05-17 10:53:34

reinzneal Offline

reinzneal

.pcb{margin-right:0}
1#
The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

Is it OK to downgrade from 1.6.80 to 1.4.60?
Or we can only downgrade 1 step to 1.5.70?

SM-P550 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

You can only downgrade one step total.

Mine was fine before I updated the go app last week.
Can I just roll back the app,and how would I do this?

Mine was fine before I updated the go app last week.
Can I just roll back the app,and how would I do this?
Just check Roger Lowry's post #14 to downgrade your firmwarw.
But good luck because nothing solved my range problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers