I need to be more carefull

Reaction score
New member and new Phantom owner and I have been having a blast getting to know this copter. No problems till today when I got a battery warning so I though I would finally sit down and update my firmware.

I was trying to carefully separate the two halves of the transmitter when it finally gave all at once and of course pulled out the antenna wire. So I am grounded till I can round up the tools, and skills, for the quick repair.

Still doesn't make sense to me why the phantom gets a usb out but not the transmitter.

Also wanted to say a quick thanks for all the valuable info and great folks on this board.

Cheers, Bill

Bluenose said:
New member and new Phantom owner and I have been having a blast getting to know this copter. No problems till today when I got a battery warning so I though I would finally sit down and update my firmware.

I was trying to carefully separate the two halves of the transmitter when it finally gave all at once and of course pulled out the antenna wire. So I am grounded till I can round up the tools, and skills, for the quick repair.

Still doesn't make sense to me why the phantom gets a usb out but not the transmitter.

Also wanted to say a quick thanks for all the valuable info and great folks on this board.

Cheers, Bill

I ran that update today as well, and had to pull apart the TX to do so. I can't believe there's no external USB connector. To make matters worse, that collar is difficult to deal with and there's a pretty sharp disengagement that could easily result in a snapped black wire... As you're, unfortunately, very aware of. Also... You have to be preternaturally careful in putting it back together again without pinching that wire...

WTF is that all about???? They couldn't port it out to an external USB connector??? This is ridiculous... I'm going to do that mod myself in order to avoid this horse pucky in future...

-slinger

Thanks for the vote of support. I have to confess that it took a couple of breaths to write a decent email to my dealer to see what my next step is. The frustrating part is that I am new to this hobby and I deliberately bought the DJI Phanton Vision because I didn't want a science experiment right from the git go. I plan on diving in I just didn't want to right off.

Need to learn to fly and edit videos first. Bummer.

gunslinger said:
Bluenose said:

Cheers, Bill

I ran that update today as well, and had to pull apart the TX to do so. I can't believe there's no external USB connector. To make matters worse, that collar is difficult to deal with and there's a pretty sharp disengagement that could easily result in a snapped black wire... As you're, unfortunately, very aware of. Also... You have to be preternaturally careful in putting it back together again without pinching that wire...

WTF is that all about???? They couldn't port it out to an external USB connector??? This is ridiculous... I'm going to do that mod myself in order to avoid this horse pucky in future...

-slinger

I've already posted this on another post, but it's the same topic and I am a bit confised now.

Im a bit surprised at all the posts about taking the tx apart to update it. As far as I know there is no need to do this. I just connected my PV to USB, powered up the tx and then then wifi and PV. I was able to update the tx directly from the assistant software.

Of course, maybe I haven't and I'm missing something but it certainly shows up as a tx update.

TisiRaptor said:
I've already posted this on another post, but it's the same topic and I am a bit confised now.

Im a bit surprised at all the posts about taking the tx apart to update it. As far as I know there is no need to do this. I just connected my PV to USB, powered up the tx and then then wifi and PV. I was able to update the tx directly from the assistant software.

Of course, maybe I haven't and I'm missing something but it certainly shows up as a tx update.

I posted this on your other post as well,

Its true, for this latest update (1.05) there is no need to open the tx BUT if you've never installed any previous updates AND ARE STILL FLYING OUT OF THE BOX then there is an update necessary to get the tx up to a level BEFORE you update the Vision to be IOC capable.

The ONLY way to update the TX is to open it up, connect a mini USB to the TX and your PC and then run the update via the Phantom Assistant (it cannot be done by the Phantom Vision assistant software)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj