I need some help...

Reaction score
I was out in the field getting ready to shoot a video and my wires came off the connector that hooks up to the balance power lead to the gimbal. I tried to rehook them and I thought that configuration on the battery side was white ground and the far grey side were positive. Well, there was a spark when hooking it back up and now my gimbal is dead as a doornail. I came home and looked up the color config and noticed that white is positive and the far opposite is negative.

Anyways, did I ruin my gimbal? Is there anyway that someone can help me trouble shoot this?

Thanks-

Anyone have any thoughts here? What happens when reversing the polarity on an electronic like this?

It depends on how well the manufacturer designed the circuit. If they made a reverse polarity protection circuit then you may get off with some cheap replacements. Usually a diode and fuse are used a diode allows current in one direction but not in the other. So if you reverse the polarity then the diode will allow current flow virtually uninterrupted until it burns itself up, this will blow the fuse cutting input power. Again it all depends on how the gimble was designed. look for fuses, use an ohm meter to follow where the power wires connect to the board and what components the power goes to first.

So when I plug into usb port on the board gimbal lights up. However when I plug into the battery port I still get nothing.

It's powering from the USB's 5v supply. Can you take a close picture of the board and note where the battery cable is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20