I need some advice.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So here's the thing-from day one when I bought my P3 Advanced I kinda regret that I didn't get to Professional version. I can't explain why. Well before P3A had only 1080res. and now we get 2.7K which is really good. I get very nice videos. I don't have 4K TV and computer that reads 4K , but eventually will get pretty soon. Now since I have P3A I keep thinking to buy a 4K pro. camera and replace the one I have. And I will either sale mine or keep it as a backup. I know a lot of people will say spend money for extra batteries,case- but I do have a nice hardshell case, and I have 3 batteries which gives me good flying time.. so I need your advice should I buy and replace the camera. With 4K I can get way better video than 2.7K in fact but the problem will be nowhere to play 4K video. So does it worth it or not?

Save your money in case you crash, then buy a P3P or P4.
I have a P3P and very happy with it. Most of the video I upload and send to friends is in 1080p, most other people don't have 4K devices either.
The only reason I use 4K raw is for professional work I do.
Just my opinion since you asked

Reactions: haysaqo
buy the pumpkin its made better
upload_2016-5-24_19-17-51.png

If you don't have 4K monitoring device, going for 4K cam will not help much except you will be happy that you own the best cam. In your case I think you should wait. Alternatively sell your P3A gimbal with cam and buy 4K equivalent set by spending about 175 extra. Choice is yours.

Funny, I bought the Pro and regret it. I think I should have got the advanced and saved myself a little money for extra batteries. I rarely record in 4k as I have nothing that displays it. I have to dumb down all the videos I take.

I just bought a pro on eBay today, and have had a p3s for the last few months. I feel that all the videos I see even in 1080 that are done on the pro seem a lot crisper and cleaner than the p3s 2.7k.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

pumpkin stock went over 2 miles full signal

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Let's us know when you get one. I think you get more bang for your buck with the pumpkin, but I decided on the pro because of the distance. The typhoon H looks kick *** too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have one already

it is one great bird dji better look out

Thank you flpholt for advice but I think I'll stick with DJI. So far I like flying my phantom. Also in July i'm going Armenia (my country) we have a lot of historical places to see/film-i will definitely take my bird with me.

@alokbhargava-You got a good point and thank for advice. Problem is my camera has little scratches on it, but works perfect. Still afraid I won't be able to sale it, but I don't mind to keep it as backup. All I wanna get is nice and clean video. I'm just between yes or no, buy it or not. I called local drone shop and was told they will get next week for $365.

To me it looks more that your a second guessing your choice to buy the advanced in the first place then that you miss 4K.
Save the money and effort. In the future when you want 4K or better? you could still buy a better drone. Prices continue to drop.

pumpkin stock went over 2 miles full signal
P3A 2 miles out, stock with no sign of signal loss.... I bottled out and came back with 53% battery in the tank.

@losman26-that's exactly what I was thinking, 1080p on pro is seems better than 2.7K on Advanced. Can someone confirm that? Or it just seems like it?

I have both a P3P and a P3A. When shooting 2.7k or 1080p I can't tell which bird the stock came from other than my lightroom keywords. The video from either bird, to me looks identical.

To be honest, I don't do much recording in 4k either. No 4k set. Don't want the render time 4k takes to post process. The huge file to upload to youtube who is gonna squash it anyway.

Hi everyone. So here's the thing-from day one when I bought my P3 Advanced I kinda regret that I didn't get to Professional version. I can't explain why. Well before P3A had only 1080res. and now we get 2.7K which is really good. I get very nice videos. I don't have 4K TV and computer that reads 4K , but eventually will get pretty soon. Now since I have P3A I keep thinking to buy a 4K pro. camera and replace the one I have. And I will either sale mine or keep it as a backup. I know a lot of people will say spend money for extra batteries,case- but I do have a nice hardshell case, and I have 3 batteries which gives me good flying time.. so I need your advice should I buy and replace the camera. With 4K I can get way better video than 2.7K in fact but the problem will be nowhere to play 4K video. So does it worth it or not?
No. Wait a year or two

4K downsampled to 1080p will generally look better than native 1080p.
I shoot everything I can in the highest resolution possible (even when I plan to only use it in 1080p) for one simple reason, being able to shoot it for future projects. Storage is cheap these days so any footage shot in 4k you'll still be able to use it in projects a couple of years from now. Dropping 1080p footage into a 4k clip will look horrible and as we're moving towards 4k rather rapidly which is something to keep in mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4