I need opinions about this product I found on Amazon.com

Reaction score
Have any of you ever purchased/used this product? Just need some honest opinions. Do you think it's worth it or safe for your bird? I already have a hard case for travel. Just thinking this will be cool for hiking. I will appreciate the feedback.

Hobby-Ace Backpack Bag Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 FC40 Vision https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0168744HS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_-MQjxb7K5DYBS

710949ba7f53c0c65b038847ac3d2ec0.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I went with a soft backpack for that type of travel. I use a hard case for air travel and a LowePro kit for general usage.
My issues with that one you pictured is the things you carry could possibly fall out unknown to you while hiking. No chance of that happening to an enclosed bag. Also it seems like there is not much support for the drone. I would think hiking it would bounce around a bit with only horizontal support.

I wouldn't trust that to hold anything, let alone an expensive Phantom and the rest of your kit... just get one of those cheap, soft foam backpacks. At least those are padded and sealed.

Thanks for your opinion LuvMyTJ [emoji1]

May be ok to carry to site but what do you do when you reach your car? How do you keep it there? What about other items like extra batteries, filters, tablet, cables... So many loose items and high chances of loosing them unless you keep them together in a safe carry bag.

You can get a Chinese cheapy backpack for ~$45. I have one and use it all the time. Nothing fancy but it works well. I just took it on vacation, perfect carry on size for airlines.

I have one, cost £20. Its pretty good. Works great when i have to take a walk from the car to get a shot without lugging the lowepro 400 on my back. I wouldn't use it on the motorbike or pushbike as the controller hangs in front of you. Everything is securely held on, really well to be honest, even the clips have locking tabs, the only thing that might come loose is the gimbal lock but use a small springy string clip on keyring or similar to attach it to the strap just in case it comes loose but that hasn't happened to me yet.
I like mine. Not a backpack or bag replacement but perfect for quick carry and setup, just leave the blades on and battery in the aircraft. You can then take a spare battery and spare blades on the harness. Two seconds to get the aircraft off and ready to fly.
The weird part is the looks you get off people when they see a quadcopter hanging off your back. If you get one get a cheap microfibre cloth to put between your aircraft and the top main strap as there is a potential area for the strap to rub on the top of your phantom and leave marks. Mine hasn't but you never know.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm searching for a bag for my P3 as well.
Been back and forth choosing whether to get a hardcase or a backpack.
I like the idea of not having to carry anything in my hands with a backpack however the thought of extra protection of a hardcase is also appealing.
Can't decide.
This one looks too exposed.

Im considering selling my lowepro droneguard 400 and getting the newer lowepro one, its less boxy and looks more comfortable for long hikes. Extra £120 though. Should get at least £90 for mine, its mint and still has the tags on it.

There is another option!
If you want a hard case eg Pelican, etc
Then you can turn it into a backpack anytime later and have the option of both.

9062a0dbf19e3b95b734ea450057cc1c.jpg

Have any of you ever purchased/used this product? Just need some honest opinions. Do you think it's worth it or safe for your bird? I already have a hard case for travel. Just thinking this will be cool for hiking. I will appreciate the feedback.

Hobby-Ace Backpack Bag Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 FC40 Vision Amazon.com: Hobby-Ace Backpack Bag Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 FC40 Vision: Toys & Games

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DO note that it has no space for the remote.. the packing does not seem very either..

If you would like something to pack P3 while trekking, try this :
Amazon.com : AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack - Orange interior : Laptop Computer Backpacks : Camera & Photo

Packing is easy.. certainly not more complicated/difficult compared to above option.. Fits 2 batteries, 2 sets of props, an ND filter pouch, iPad in addition to drone & remote. Very comfortable to carry while trekking..

I'm searching for a bag for my P3 as well.
Been back and forth choosing whether to get a hardcase or a backpack.
I like the idea of not having to carry anything in my hands with a backpack however the thought of extra protection of a hardcase is also appealing.
Can't decide.
This one looks too exposed.

this might be a good bet for you.. The padding/protection is pretty good in this..

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...UTF8&qid=1462192550&sr=8-10&keywords=backpack

After perusing the OP's interest, I'm not feeling it for several reasons already mentioned. Like Malakai, I have the DroneGuard CS400 and its very versatile although it is an odd looking pack.

But like Malakai, I really like the new DroneGaurd BP450 AW, just not the price tag. But would you have to give up one of the cool zippered pouches especially if you do a DBS mod or the like? Still, it's sexy.

And what the heck is up with this guy on Lowepro's BP450 product page???

ThisGuy.jpg

Reactions: Malakai
I have one, cost £20. Its pretty good. Works great when i have to take a walk from the car to get a shot without lugging the lowepro 400 on my back. I wouldn't use it on the motorbike or pushbike as the controller hangs in front of you. Everything is securely held on, really well to be honest, even the clips have locking tabs, the only thing that might come loose is the gimbal lock but use a small springy string clip on keyring or similar to attach it to the strap just in case it comes loose but that hasn't happened to me yet.
I like mine. Not a backpack or bag replacement but perfect for quick carry and setup, just leave the blades on and battery in the aircraft. You can then take a spare battery and spare blades on the harness. Two seconds to get the aircraft off and ready to fly.
The weird part is the looks you get off people when they see a quadcopter hanging off your back. If you get one get a cheap microfibre cloth to put between your aircraft and the top main strap as there is a potential area for the strap to rub on the top of your phantom and leave marks. Mine hasn't but you never know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for all the suggestions. We have an awesome community. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji16][emoji16][emoji106]

But this may not be the ideal bag for P3. I suggest go for $30 backpack designed for P3. There are many available, one of the reference is :

Backpack Shoulder Bag Carrying Case For DJI Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know I could get one that cheap.
I was originally looking at the Lowepro DroneGuard CS 400 but reading the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest the P3 can move around in there as the dividers are semi-soft.

This one ships from US for free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic