Phantom won't fly (red light)

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having some trouble flying the drone. I'm new to to these drone flying and it's very complex. So, I'm able to turn on the drone, but when all the lights finish blinking the lights finally stop at red. I tried to calibarte the drone. I am successful at the first calibration, but I on the second calibration turn it turns red even when I do it at the correct angle. I'm very confused and I was hoping for some help. Do I need to plug it into a computer? If so, how? Do I need to upgrade the system? If so, how? I just want to fly it with my go pro and I have a gimball, but I don't know how to work the wires. Thanks for any help.

Hello Justin,
First, you said it is a vision? Why r u using go-pro? Secondly, where r u turning it on at? ( inside on table or outside ) next, red lights are an error code, can be several things, GPS issue, compass issue, esc bad, ect!
I would first try to start in a different location ( away from magnetic interference ect ) if no avail, you'll need to hook to PC!
First go to DJI.com
Download:
1) RC assistant
2) PC assistant
3) Driver for PC assist
Once downloaded, plug your Tx to RC ASSISTANT, run a full calibration
( both sticks, toggles and dial wheel if avail )
If your Tx has no USB on outside, you'll have to open it to locate internal USB port
Next
Turn off Tx, close RC assistant, open PC assistant
Plug your phantom to computer using USB cable, turn on Tx, and bird.
Under RC TAB, calibrate Tx again ( both stocks, toggles, and dial wheel ) now go to advanced tab, see if accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass ) have mod values and what they are? You might need an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION, you can also reinstall or upgrade firmware in PC assistant as well!
I would do the stuff above, take it out run a fresh compass cal, and try to fly!

Hope this helps, if you need help message me!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic