I need help: P3P crashed and total-loss immediately After “Aircraft disconnected” error

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, after a normal starting procedure, my Phantom 3 Professional took off for a beautiful flight above the marsh area at Woerdens Verlaat, The Netherlands.
After I took two pictures and two minutes of flight at 200 meters distance, I suddenly got an error message “Aircraft disconnected”. I pushed the go-to-home button on the screen, but it was already to late. I heard my P3P crashing and saw it falling into the swamp.
I was not able to repossess the P3P, because the location is an inaccessible area. There are no boats, it is a protected area for walking. The water is too muddy and cold for swimming. So I lost it forever.

Has anyone also had such an experience?
It is a known problem that the P3P just disconnect? Can I claim my loss to the supplier?

2016-04-18 15.30.41.png

It is a known problem that the P3P just disconnect? Can I claim my loss to the supplier?
Just a guess but I would suspect that the indication that the aircraft disconnected was a symptom of a more serious problem.
A disconnection doesn't cause a crash - but a loss of power would cause a disconnection.
HealthyDrones gives very limited information.
To get more information,
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record from your tablet.

If you are using an Android phone or tablet, the flight records are in Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Some of the experienced people may be able to work out what happened which would be useful for any claim.

Reactions: cneedforspeed
It's difficult to analyze the correct situation in absence of logs. Please post them here.

I understand that it is impossible to retrieve the flight logs when your quadcopter is lost
From the link @Meta4 posted earlier:

Need help finding your flight logs? For Android devices, connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord". For Apple devices, see this video for instructions on retrieving your logs from iTunes.

are there trees I see out there by the swamp? Sounds like maybe you hit one at 57 feet altitude turning left at 3 minutes 27 seconds.

Barend Houtsmuller, please upload your log here.

Just a guess but I would suspect that the indication that the aircraft disconnected was a symptom of a more serious problem.
A disconnection doesn't cause a crash - but a loss of power would cause a disconnection.
HealthyDrones gives very limited information.
To get more information,
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record from your tablet.

If you are using an Android phone or tablet, the flight records are in Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Some of the experienced people may be able to work out what happened which would be useful for any claim.
Thanks. See my flight records at:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

As I said, HealthyDrones doesn't give any detailed information and it's impossible to see anything related to your problem with their analysis.
There will be a lot more information to work with if you use the analysis tool at: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The lost connection appears to be after you lost the Phantom - not a contributing factor to losing the Phantom.

Reactions: Barend Houtsmuller
Mate it doesnt that that far out,if it was me i woulda been in right after the drone...to much money

are there trees I see out there by the swamp? Sounds like maybe you hit one at 57 feet altitude turning left at 3 minutes 27 seconds.
That does look like a real possibility. I also notice what looks like sharp drop and rise in battery temperature towards the end of the flight. Falling into water perhaps?

Do not count on the altitude reading on your controller to be correct! I was recently flying mine in follow me mode at 60 feet according to my tablet. It flew into a tree that wasn't more than 35 feet tall. It went out of control and ended up landing on the road. The camera broke off of the gimbal, knocked a couple of antennas out of the legs and possibly did some internal damage. It sounds like that may be why yours went down. I did access my flight log on the tablet and it shows the whole thing. For some reason I didn't get video, but I might have accidentally bumped the record button and shut it off as I started following. I decided to buy a new P3P and either try to fix the damaged one, or keep it for parts.

Barend I am sorry for the loss. I don't know if DJI will compensate it when there is no drone to return.
There is a DJI local office in Barendrecht. If you send me a message (Facebook?) I will give you their number so you can call them.

Reactions: Barend Houtsmuller
Do not count on the altitude reading on your controller to be correct! I was recently flying mine in follow me mode at 60 feet according to my tablet. It flew into a tree that wasn't more than 35 feet tall. It went out of control and ended up landing on the road. The camera broke off of the gimbal, knocked a couple of antennas out of the legs and possibly did some internal damage. It sounds like that may be why yours went down. I did access my flight log on the tablet and it shows the whole thing. For some reason I didn't get video, but I might have accidentally bumped the record button and shut it off as I started following. I decided to buy a new P3P and either try to fix the damaged one, or keep it for parts.
two option I can think of, hit something and ejected battery or the battery wasnt clicked in well and it self ejected. If it was a typical crash, he would have seen the typical errors in the log (motor obstructed, etc). Sounds like a complete power loss. It does seem a bit strange that you only have one battery voltage reading (cells) at the beginning of the flight. I thought it took it every 30 seconds or so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub