I need help aligning my roll arm replacement with the motor

Reaction score
I've seen people replace their roll arm online but they use a plastic tool to keep the motor aligned to the arm. Has anyone got any tips for keeping the flat side of the motor in line with the camera.
55ed94a195dede992df2da24eb73805d.jpg

Yes, the flat side of the roll motor shaft should be aligned to the flat top of the camera.
Assemble it as close to perfect as you can, then you can make minor adjustments to it from the back side of the roll motor.
I've not done it, but I've seen other posts here. I think that how it's done is to remove the roll motor cover from the back, and carefully move the small pcb aside, then hold the camera and turn the roll motor shaft with some pliers.

Yes, the flat side of the roll motor shaft should be aligned to the flat top of the camera.
Assemble it as close to perfect as you can, then you can make minor adjustments to it from the back side of the roll motor.
I've not done it, but I've seen other posts here. I think that how it's done is to remove the roll motor cover from the back, and carefully move the small pcb aside, then hold the camera and turn the roll motor shaft with some pliers.
As in if the phantom was on its two feet turned on and the gimbal is fully assembled, once the camera is pointing forwards in its resting position, the flat side of the pin would be facing towards the ground?

No, aligned with the top of the camera.
Phantom sitting on it's landing gear, turned on and ready to take a picture, the top of the camera is up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31