Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I minimized some Jello effect for $3.49

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Matt9199, May 15, 2015.

1. Matt9199

I placed three 1/2" cork pads (the kind you would put on the inside of a cabinet door) between my GoPro Hero 3 Silver and the watertight case. I attach my GoPro to my P1 upside down with a GoPro thumb screw and a hex nut. Holding the camera upside down, I put the camera in the case and then placed three pads on the camera and then pushed the pads deeper into the case with a credit card. I shot some video at 720p, 60fps, and wide angle. The conditions today were partly cloudy with slight wind. Compared to video I took yesterday, I noticed much less Jello effect. I flew my P1 up to my 100 meter limit and let it hover. I could hear the engines changing pitch as the GPS held the hover. I've noticed Jello effect on earlier video when doing this. Today, the Jello effect was less pronounced. I also noticed less Jello effect in today's video when I flew my P1 with two stick inputs and same time. I might try to minimize more of the Jello effect by placing some Sorbothane between the GoPro mount and P1. I found a website www.isolateit.com that sell sheets of the material in 1/10" and 1/8" thickness. I think that those thicknesses would not require finding longer screws to attach the GoPro mount. Hope that you notice an improvement if you try this idea.
    Cheers,
    Matt

2. IflyinWY

Welcome to the forum Matt, don't think I've said that yet. :D

Nice to hear you have solved the problem. Great post, thanks for sharing.

Here's something to hang on to.
    It's a great way to search within our forum. Type in the middle of the page, not the top.
    https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show