I minimized some Jello effect for $3.49

Reaction score
I placed three 1/2" cork pads (the kind you would put on the inside of a cabinet door) between my GoPro Hero 3 Silver and the watertight case. I attach my GoPro to my P1 upside down with a GoPro thumb screw and a hex nut. Holding the camera upside down, I put the camera in the case and then placed three pads on the camera and then pushed the pads deeper into the case with a credit card. I shot some video at 720p, 60fps, and wide angle. The conditions today were partly cloudy with slight wind. Compared to video I took yesterday, I noticed much less Jello effect. I flew my P1 up to my 100 meter limit and let it hover. I could hear the engines changing pitch as the GPS held the hover. I've noticed Jello effect on earlier video when doing this. Today, the Jello effect was less pronounced. I also noticed less Jello effect in today's video when I flew my P1 with two stick inputs and same time. I might try to minimize more of the Jello effect by placing some Sorbothane between the GoPro mount and P1. I found a website www.isolateit.com that sell sheets of the material in 1/10" and 1/8" thickness. I think that those thicknesses would not require finding longer screws to attach the GoPro mount. Hope that you notice an improvement if you try this idea.
Cheers,
Matt

I placed three 1/2" cork pads (the kind you would put on the inside of a cabinet door) between my GoPro Hero 3 Silver and the watertight case... Hope that you notice an improvement if you try this idea.
Cheers,
Matt

Welcome to the forum Matt, don't think I've said that yet. :D

Nice to hear you have solved the problem. Great post, thanks for sharing.

Here's something to hang on to.
It's a great way to search within our forum. Type in the middle of the page, not the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj