I may have gotten screwed by Microcenter with my Battery for my P3A, need insight.

Reaction score
So I purchased another battery today and I just was checking it out to make sure it was for the P3, it was open box at microcenter for 100.00. It's in great condition holds a full charge.

Now to the part where I got screwed (I think) I bought my P3A from Microcenter for 700.00 3 months ago it was opened box but still came with the 1 year warranty and the salesperson let me inspect it before I purchased it. So I'm looking at the battery that I've been using and I belive it's for the P2 because it's 5200Mah 57.72 Wh 11.1 V and the new one is 4480mAh 68Wh 15.2 V... so which one is the knock off or for the P2? The new one does state Model No PH3-4480maH 15.2V.

Kinda confused so please give me some insight. FYI I have over 20 hours of flight time on the battery that came with the drone.

Will a p2 battery work in a p3? You sure you have a p3?

P3 uses 15.2V batteries
P2 battery won't work in P3 and vice-versa is also true

so a p2 battery has been working on your p3

Will a p2 battery work in a p3? You sure you have a p3?

P2 and P3 batteries are not the same voltage - so no it won't work.

LOL - am I sure I have a P3? Yup........I have a P3A and a P2V+

So what battery have you been using in the P3A prior to getting this new one?

No I had it backwards when I bought the drone it came with the right battery but the new battery I bought was suppose to be a P3 battery but some idiot got over on Microcenter. It gets worse for some reason my drone isn't starting up now even with the original battery

It gets worse for some reason my drone isn't starting up now even with the original battery

Sorry - I should have known better since - the P2 battery won't fit into the P3 slot anyway.

EDIT: Did you try force the P2 battery into the P3A - or did they at the store?

Last edited:
I think that is what he did

I think that is what he did

I just tried my P2V+ battery in the slot for the P3A and it only goes in about 1/2 half way and I wasn't about to try force it any further!

So unless he forced it in it is doubtful he got that far to turn it on!

Yes the p2 battery only went half way in and I must have push one of the battery connectors but was able to get the drone back in working order. Went back to microcenter and bc of their screw up I ended up getting a free battery :)

Both batteries look very similar

Attachments

• 1459904400547.jpg
    1459904400547.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 327
P2 and P3 batteries are not the same voltage - so no it won't work.

LOL - am I sure I have a P3? Yup........I have a P3A and a P2V+

So what battery have you been using in the P3A prior to getting this new one?
I was askng the OP. Glad to hear it was sorted though. Didn't even know MC sold dji stuff.

Yes the p2 battery only went half way in and I must have push one of the battery connectors but was able to get the drone back in working order. Went back to microcenter and bc of their screw up I ended up getting a free battery :)

Great to hear........double check those batteries all the time - you are correct the P2 and P3 batteries do look very similar - they are different at the contact points and the P3 has a groove "keyway" slot all the way down one side for alignment and so P2 batteries wont fit - whereas the P2 battery has only a small "dead head" slot (keyway) - hence only fitting half way.

Of course easiest way to identify is to label em - or read the voltage. Great you got a "free" battery out of it - and so you should!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31