I made this Top Speed and couldn't believe it.

Pinstripes do make a difference I hear. A Bald Eagle skin really makes them move. That's what I have on mine and got 80.3

Pinstripes do make a difference I hear. A Bald Eagle skin really makes them move. That's what I have on mine and got 80.3
We don't have Bald Eagles over here but if I used a Wedge Tailed Eagle whose skin in approximately 2 metres in width, I'd be doing jail time.

I just used it's head and a few feathers. Maybe you could use a Moluccan Cockatto skin
Gold! What the hell is a Moluccan Cockatoo? We have large cockatoos over here but you would be slaughtered by them trying to catch one. I have a feeling they are impervious to bullets, ray guns, and offers of discount vouchers at KMart.

79a1d558a45d5864b6a017c505a8a7ad.jpg
. 190mph hard tailwind

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Gold! What the hell is a Moluccan Cockatoo? We have large cockatoos over here but you would be slaughtered by them trying to catch one. I have a feeling they are impervious to bullets, ray guns, and offers of discount vouchers at KMart.
You should know what a Moluccan Cockatoo is being from Australia unless you moved there from England or something. Yes, it would be hairy trying to get one. Perhaps you should just go for a pigeon although it wouldn't increase your speed as much as the skin of a Bald Eagle or Moluccan Cockatoo.

You should know what a Moluccan Cockatoo is being from Australia unless you moved there from England or something. Yes, it would be hairy trying to get one. Perhaps you should just go for a pigeon although it wouldn't increase your speed as much as the skin of a Bald Eagle or Moluccan Cockatoo.
Ah, otherwise know as a salmon crested cockatoo. Pigeons, I have plenty, but given that they are a fairly annoying and messy bird, my drone would sit there and crap all day and couldn't be bothered to fly.

Salmon Crested Cockatoos? Laugh Out Loud. Everyone knows that they are Molluscans. You are from England for sure. You are correct about pigeons however.

I have been in America for 69 years. The last 42 years in Houston, Texas. I just said England because I thought that it would irritate you. I know that Aussies and Brits have a grudge against each other or something. Sorry for trying to stir things up. My parents just raised me that way so it isn't my fault.

I have been in America for 69 years. The last 42 years in Houston, Texas. I just said England because I thought that it would irritate you. I know that Aussies and Brits have a grudge against each other or something. Sorry for trying to stir things up. My parents just raised me that way so it isn't my fault.
Nah, all good, we have a healthy rivalry with them and wind them up whenever we can. Especially when it comes to cricket or their shite weather..... They sent us here as convicts and we thank them every day!

Very cool looking design...great job! So back on topic....airspeed vs ground speed. The GPS doesn't know if you have a tail wind or not....the argument is silly. It is measuring your true speed whether in the air or on the ground. If an object traverses a distance of X in time T, a computation of velocity can be determined. Now, if two objects are measured, one on the ground and the other in the air and both traverse the same distance in the same amount of time, then the object in the air is moving faster than the object on the ground because it has a greater distance to travel because of its altitude. But at 250 ft, this distance is negligible. Now, for the addition of so-called tail winds.....when I was flying at 78 miles an hr, it was not respective to any tail wind that might have been present at 250 ft. I was flying all over the place in huge circles at that speed. It didn't make any difference, my displayed speed didn't suddenly drop to 40mph as I turned....there is something more happening than just tail winds and ground speed difference. Even if you believe that tail winds are responsible, the bird is not supposed to go 58mph either!

Very cool looking design...great job! So back on topic....airspeed vs ground speed. The GPS doesn't know if you have a tail wind or not....the argument is silly. It is measuring your true speed whether in the air or on the ground. If an object traverses a distance of X in time T, a computation of velocity can be determined. Now, if two objects are measured, one on the ground and the other in the air and both traverse the same distance in the same amount of time, then the object in the air is moving faster than the object on the ground because it has a greater distance to travel because of its altitude. But at 250 ft, this distance is negligible. Now, for the addition of so-called tail winds.....when I was flying at 78 miles an hr, it was not respective to any tail wind that might have been present at 250 ft. I was flying all over the place in huge circles at that speed. It didn't make any difference, my displayed speed didn't suddenly drop to 40mph as I turned....there is something more happening than just tail winds and ground speed difference. Even if you believe that tail winds are responsible, the bird is not supposed to go 58mph either!
We are just talking about ground speed and don't need a long explanation. And if you have a Phantom you weren't going 78 without a tailwind. You weren't maintaining 78 in a 360 degree circle. The speed recorded in the flight log is just the max that you attained and I know that you weren't watching the speed the whole time that you were flying. You are a fool if you were. I beat you by 2 mph by the way, 80,3 mph. I have a Phantom 3 Pro by the way, not a Phantom 4

Last edited:
I see when someone has no explanation or argument, then they resort to name calling. You obviously do not like anyone disagreeing with you. Of course it slowed down on the turn, but immediately accelerated back to top speeds out of the turn. I didn't know that I was attempting to make the Top Speed a contest and the fact that you beat me by 2 mph is wonderful, do you feel big now, Max, more....macho? I am trying to find a reasonable explanation for such speeds in a rational way that tail winds and ground speed nonsense can't explain. IMU limits the maximum tilt angle the aircraft can achieve within a given flight mode which correlates to the maximum speeds that the aircraft can obtain. I am suspecting that if you calibrate IMUs on an unlevel surface, this may be responsible for allowing greater tilt angles and therefore greater speeds. If that is too long of an explanation for you, I will talk slower so you can understand. Both your tailwind and ground speed arguments are nonsense when attempting to determine why an aircraft can double its regulated speeds.

You need a tune up.. that's slow...lol

GPS Glitch, it's pretty common..

I see when someone has no explanation or argument, then they resort to name calling. You obviously do not like anyone disagreeing with you. Of course it slowed down on the turn, but immediately accelerated back to top speeds out of the turn. I didn't know that I was attempting to make the Top Speed a contest and the fact that you beat me by 2 mph is wonderful, do you feel big now, Max, more....macho? I am trying to find a reasonable explanation for such speeds in a rational way that tail winds and ground speed nonsense can't explain. IMU limits the maximum tilt angle the aircraft can achieve within a given flight mode which correlates to the maximum speeds that the aircraft can obtain. I am suspecting that if you calibrate IMUs on an unlevel surface, this may be responsible for allowing greater tilt angles and therefore greater speeds. If that is too long of an explanation for you, I will talk slower so you can understand. Both your tailwind and ground speed arguments are nonsense when attempting to determine why an aircraft can double its regulated speeds.
The Phantom 4 can't maintain that kind of speed without alteration or assistance by a tail wind. Quit fantasizing that you somehow got hold of a magical Phantom 4 or that it somehow calibrated itself for different tilt angles. Did you have Carbon Fiber props? I do and that only adds about two miles per hour. Unless you modified it then it isn't capable of 78 without a tail wind. Are you an aeronautical engineer Rayven Eye? Are you trying to impress us. This is a simple forum where people are finding out what the Phantoms are capable of and not fantasy based on false reasoning. Yes is the answer to the question if I feel more..... macho by the way. I feel VERY macho and of course the 2 MPH helps me feel that way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4