I made this Top Speed and couldn't believe it.

That voids the warranty. Not really. How did you manage that? I did 62 with phantom 4---I didn't know it till weeks later looking at flight records. Tailwind I assumed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Angelo's Flight
Beat ya!:D;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170219-005119.png
    Screenshot_20170219-005119.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 578
While flying today in Sport mode, my Phantom 4 reached a top speed of 78 mph at around 250 ft altitude and that wasn't even with full throttle!! No tail wind or other external factors. Down side...when I let up on the right stick it just kept going and wouldn't stop until I put it back in P mode, that was a little scary as it was zooming out of sight. Anyone have any ideas on why it is now going so fast? When I first got it last April, it would only reach a top speed of around 45 mph. Of course, several firmware up dates since then. I factory reset all ESC gain settings in case they had gotten accidentally changed, but had made no difference. If I keep the right stick pushed all the way forward in Sport mode I believe it will exceed 80 mph which it is not supposed to do! Any answers?

I think I had some tailwind, but it wasn't much. I just freak out when it happened. I just went out for a quick flight to discharge a battery for storage, when this occurred. But recently I saw a video of a P4P crash in Sport mode because of a prop failure. We need to be cautious.

Check out my Playlist of my videos on YouTube!! Search for Angelo's Flight. Angelo's Flight - YouTube

Yea i think the day i flew was 20 mph winds. Been flying for a long time so wind doesnt bother me. Came inside looked at log and was blown away. Def tail wind and it looked fast!

Right guys Airspeed v Ground speed...................lets say your P4 has a 40mph top speed..............if you are flying and you have a 20mph tail wind you now have a 60mph GROUND SPEED but your aircrafts AIRSPEED is still only 40mph now fly into that 20mph wind you now have a GROUND SPEED of 20mph............but you still have an AIRSPEED of 40mph.......;)

I got my phantom 3 pro up to 80.3 MPH the other day. Slight tail wind but I flew my bird 34 MPH into the wind that I used to get that speed so it wasn't all due to tail wind. I did have carbon fiber props which probably helped a little bit.

Right guys Airspeed v Ground speed...................lets say your P4 has a 40mph top speed..............if you are flying and you have a 20mph tail wind you now have a 60mph GROUND SPEED but your aircrafts AIRSPEED is still only 40mph now fly into that 20mph wind you now have a GROUND SPEED of 20mph............but you still have an AIRSPEED of 40mph.......;)
The Phantoms use GPS to determine the speed so it is ground speed. Of course the wind helps attain a higher ground speed. We already know that. No one said that the airspeed was 86. They are just saying that the speed is 86 meaning ground speed and how long it takes to get somewhere. It is still hauling *** if you are trying to get somewhere. Who cares about the air speed. No one.

When I went 80 it looked like it when it went over my head. Good clean fun. It was at max speed when it flew past.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair