I LOVE NAZA Mode

Reaction score
Why it did not come from the factory in this mode is beyond me. So much more controllable and predictable.

Seriously. I am kinda surprised as well. I have flown many quads and was surprised when I got this that a of those features I had to enable myself. Seems that at least IOC would make sense to have enabled for a beginner. I think just it is on the blade 350qx.

I agree. It should be factory set to NAZA with S1 lower position set to RTH. If the end user wants full manual then have them go into the software and change it.

I agree.
Both switches need to be in the up position for both Naza gps and Phantom mode. There's no difference. If you can't figure that out, you shouldn't be flying one.

I have yet to switch to NAZA mode believe it or not. I'm a new flyer and have only 6 relatively 'tame' flights under my belt. However and with that said, I will probably switch over before my 7th flight.

I am changing mine tomorrow. I believe I am intelligent and diligent enough to ensure that my switches are in the up position before take off. Right now I am so apprehensive I am double checking my double checks. I would rather be able to drop the S2 and pull the right stick back and no its coming to me no matter its orientation. Also, I cringe and the thought of turning off the controller for RTH I would much rather flip the S1 all the way down and then toggle back up to regain control. Yes I am a beginner but I think these modes will do more to help me than harm me.

kymedic121 said:
I am changing mine tomorrow. I believe I am intelligent and diligent enough to ensure that my switches are in the up position before take off. Right now I am so apprehensive I am double checking my double checks. I would rather be able to drop the S2 and pull the right stick back and no its coming to me no matter its orientation. Also, I cringe and the thought of turning off the controller for RTH I would much rather flip the S1 all the way down and then toggle back up to regain control. Yes I am a beginner but I think these modes will do more to help me than harm me.

Be aware, a flaw by design in my opinion, is that when switching the S1 switch into failsafe the app displays 'signal lost' the same as switching the control off.

From all I am seeing from posts and other advice it seems that the pros outweigh the cons.

kymedic121 said:
From all I am seeing from posts and other advice it seems that the pros outweigh the cons.

I totally agree. There are only positives to using Naza.

Double-D said:
Be aware, a flaw by design in my opinion, is that when switching the S1 switch into failsafe the app displays 'signal lost' the same as switching the control off.

Thanks for the tip, Double....I would have likely gone into panic mode without knowing this in advance and when I switch over to NAZA. I agree with you too, this seems like an oversight or design flaw for this message to display when failsafe is manually activated via the S1 switch.

Just out of curiosity...once you switch to NAZA mode, is it possible to go back to phantom mode using the same method to switch to NAZA in the first place through the phantom assistant software?

Sasquatch said:
Just out of curiosity...once you switch to NAZA mode, is it possible to go back to phantom mode using the same method to switch to NAZA in the first place through the phantom assistant software?

Yes.

Question: When in  NAZA mode then there is no difference flying with GPS mode I thing ?

Why the flying in NAZA-mode ??

pegasusjan said:
Question: When in  NAZA mode then there is no difference flying with GPS mode I thing ?

Why the flying in NAZA-mode ??

Correct. There is no difference when both switches are up.
The benefit is being able to use IOC switch 2 for course lock and home lock which is a must have in times that you lose sight of your bird and orientation. E.g. the other day I was flying around a house with tall trees, I lost fpv and had no idea where my bird was. I just flicked the switch into home lock, pulled the right stick down and she flew straight back.
You also have the ability to program the S1 switch for using ATTI mode, Return to Home or Manual mode.
I use Home Lock at the start of every flight to check my home position has been set correctly. I fly out over10m at an angle away from me, switch into Home Lock and make sure it comes back. It's the only way to tell besides using Return to Home which takes longer.

I'm having "I LOVE NAZA" shirts made up. Might get beaten up if someone miss reads it.

There is a reason for disabling NAZA. It's because we are all dumbasses.

There is a higher chance of fly aways and crashes if NAZA is activated. Lets assume they purchase the phantom on the basis its RTF (ready to fly) and/or they don't RTFM (read the fn manual), which is highly likely.
Lets say they forget to check the switches before taking off (and i know many have).
Now lets say the phantom has the ATTI mode activated by accident and takes off and flies her out of site and loses her at higher altitude winds.
Let say IOC is on and the lose orientation and takes out someones face. Can you imagine the amount of calls to DJI complaining why their birds flying sideways or doing 360's when flying straight?

If they want this feature on as standard, make sure they can have an OSD (on screen display) of the active modes. A few green/yellow/red lights 400 ft away in sunny conditions isnt going to help.

I say leave it in gimp mode until natural progression is made.

You're right. I sometimes forget my perception of humanities intelligence is to high
I guess we should praise Dji for taking into account the 'idiot factor'

Lol at your T-shirt slogan.

Hi all, newbie here I have a p2v and love it ,both switches on controller in the up position.just bought p2v+ and both switches up . It flies like GPS mode is off. Will not hold like p2v. Any help Thanks

Kfloyd said:
Hi all, newbie here I have a p2v and love it ,both switches on controller in the up position.just bought p2v+ and both switches up . It flies like GPS mode is off. Will not hold like p2v. Any help Thanks

Have you checked the switch settings using the software?

Kfloyd said:

What color are your rear lights when flying? If flashing green you're in gps mode, if flashing yellow you're in ATTI mode.
Also have you calibrated your compass?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl