I LOVE MY PHANTOM 4!!!!!!

Reaction score
With all the negative post on here " I AM GUILY MYSELF OF A RANGE RANT" I want anyone looking to buy a p4. I live on a island in Alaska and have the only P4 "as of now" and fly with friends that have phantom 3 pro's and they all want to add a p4 to there collection. They are not perfect but what is they are still amazing fun if you forget about what it won't do and enjoy all the amazing stuff it will do. I have got weak signal at less then 1 mile when I thought it shouldn't but have also got close to 3 miles stock at a later date and was amazed even though I did not come home and post a Rant on how great my range was today. As far as battery goes it sounds like 28min was on the heavy side but competition was tuff and maybe somehow someway they got that I have had 24 min flights without doing any special battery saving technics! Anyway I hope this helps someone out there the P4 is not perfect but I sure love mine.

Reactions: Ramphex and Bubba
Not saying that posting issues and concern is a bad thing. I just logged into are board and it looked like a DJI hate group or something and this is the place I went to learn prior to ever buying a Phantom and if I logged on here today with no knowledge of the birds myself I would be scared to death to buy a Phantom 4 and I think that is the wrong impression I would give a friend if he asked me, if I lost my P4 I would order another first chance I got. So if you all agree please take a minute to share something positive about your p4 everyone has to like something about there's a lot to like.

I agree with you too Alaska. My P4 is my first Phantom but not my first drone. Still have the Parrot Bebop 2 but wasn't happy with it. I haven't tested range on my p4 yet because I'm chicken, but what I've seen so far is that it's one solid bird. No issues yet for me. Love the thing!! Makes the bebop look like a toy.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
I have held off buying a P4 after selling my P3P for a really good price. I wanted to wait until the major release to see what people were saying and see if there was a major, common problem. I have been monitoring here and over at RC and I don't see a major problem. A few here and there but not a proliferated issue. I pulled the trigger on a bundle with 3 batts and it should be here on Thursday. I am excited! If I don't get 28min, I won't be bummed and if I don't quite get 5K range, I won't send it back. I can't wait, honestly and am expecting a good experience and not a bad one. I wonder if I'll get what I expect?

It is nice to read something positive.

Truth is I hardly ever fly over 15 minutes with my P3 and I've done a proper range test twice in about three years of DJI ownership.

I want good range/good camera and gimbal, good build quality and features that enable me to get good cinematic shots.

The P4 seems to fit all my requirements, if only the blardy thing would hurry up and arrive :(

I care about range! That's why I just got a DBS set up for my P4. If you want to be negative you can say the DBS set on a P3 would even go farther and yes I am aware there is data that might even back that but you missed the point of my post. The P3 may go farther per say but not as fast and many other things it lacks and in real life I have yet to be beat in range by any of my friends p3p set ups stock for stock! Not knocking the p3 I love them just was putting some positive feed out on the p4 because it really is worth every penny of the $1400 if you ask me. I have not yet to seen a p3p owner fly the p4 and not want one. They are both great.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I care about range!

Couldn't agree more as per your post and the P4!

Apparently DJI sent out the wrong RC's with the initial batch of P4's - hence the range issue some were complaining about. Supposed to be correcting that.

Apparently DJI sent out the wrong RC's with the initial batch of P4's - hence the range issue some were complaining about. Supposed to be correcting that.

Huh?? Says who? Lol

Couldn't agree more as per your post and the P4!

How are we suppose to know if we got the correct RC's?

That first link doesn't seem to work. What does it say about people who have the wrong controllers?? This is huge, why aren't people going crazy?? Lol

I just returned my P3P for a P4, got it for about $1030 and I am digging "sweetness"
With some ppl posting BS like "I'm so glad I didn't buy a P4" on a P4 topic forum are wanting, wanting and lonely and needing. What kind of narcissistic sorry sob post that kind of topic? Smacks of.....I can't put my finger on it, post that BS elsewhere.
I already have the DBS, also had to buy another remote to replace the one I modded, also had to replace the upper shell after a slight crash that didn't injure anything, which was like a 20m fix. So what I went thru to exchange was quite a lot, shell had to be fixed anyway but it will make someone happy to get it at a good price, I was on day 36 or so out of 45 return. Update was a little scary, thought I might be one of those that had problems, which I did on second update, didn't freak out, slowed everything down for a minute and rebooted my MacPro, the bird and then it hung on 91% but the bird gave a very promising sound, and light was green, so disconnected it and she was all ready to go.
Seen a video of these punks throwing the case at it, after trying to get it to crash into small branches. They hit the drone dead on like 4 times, and until the final hard hit, she kept correcting and even spun 360 over and under a few times and kept flying! Needless to say, if u wreck the gimbal no easy fix yet, but the bird itself is amazing, and 1-3miles is more then plenty for me!

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That first link doesn't seem to work. What does it say about people who have the ring controllers?? This is huge, why aren't people going crazy?? Lol

Doubtful this is true - however this is what the post stated...........

DJI acknowledges initial shipments of P4's had less powerful remotes resulting in less range and will be corrected in future shipments (self.djiphantom)

submitted 10 days ago by teckademics

I would like to thank Mr Xiang at "[email protected]" for acknowledging the #RANGEGATE issue and offering to send me a P4 controller with the same output as the original P3P. He has assured me that this will be corrected in future shipments of the P4.

I just returned my P3P for a P4, got it for about $1030 and I am digging "sweetness"

LOL - good for you man......you sound like one happy customer and nice to read "positive" comments regarding the P4

Nice "ride" in you avatar - one minute it looks like a Camaro the next looks like a Dodge Challenger - nonetheless - sweet ride!

With some ppl posting BS like "I'm so glad I didn't buy a P4" on a P4 topic forum are wanting, wanting and lonely and needing. What kind of narcissistic sorry sob post that kind of topic? Smacks of.....I can't put my finger on it, post that BS elsewhere.

Couldn't agree more - well said! More than likely there are a few of those posts from those who haven't even purchased one yet - ENVY.....JEALOUSY............and those who will whine and complain just for the sake of it.....regardless the product.

Quite the story of the "punks" - do you have the link by chance to that vid?

EDIT: LOL - just did a zoom on the avatar - Dodge Challenger - very nice --- I was just sitting in one of the R/T Shaker models a week ago - still debating a purchase..... unreal. Ok I better cool it on posts about cars.........!

Last edited:
Wow how about that. I just purchased mine three days ago. Now I'm debating returning it and waiting for the correction.

Wow how about that. I just purchased mine three days ago. Now I'm debating returning it and waiting for the correction.

Hmmmm...........seriously, I wouldn't put too much stock in that statement......wait to see if there is anything official coming. Did you check out the "range test" video?

first flight....love the p4

Ahaa.......looks like a great RC haven for your guys - family/friends flying (saw at least two Phantoms I think) and driving RC vehicles.

Great job of flying n filming - nice to read another positive post on the P4.

Maiden flight 5 min ago......worked flawlessly! It was a light sprinkle, so I didn't want to stay up too long. Took it out 3000' at 175' alt. and had zero RC issues and zero video issues. (video is in auto channel mode @4mbit) Flew out in P mode and came back in Sport mode. Only flies 20mph in P mode and was like a rocket in Sport mode. Didn't notice much difference from P3P in handling other than it seems more stable. Only flew for 6 min though, but looks like I can get 24 min fairly easily. I'm happy with that! Won't be able to play with the "fun" modes until the weath subsides, but my 1st impression is that I'm not sorry I sold my P3P and bought a P4!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj