I Love My Drone

Reaction score
Ok. I'm an old guy. 56 or so years old. I'm retired Army and have always been into rc of some type or the other.
I've owned gas air boats, 1/8th scale 4 wheel drive 3 plus horsepower race buggies and small cox line guided airplanes.

I raced dirtbikes and still build and attempt to drive offroad vehicles. (Suzuki Samurais)

Nothing has ever given me the thrill that these little remote control drones do.

I'm not that great of a pilot. I haven't set any distance records and in fact have flown only short distances under 500 feet.

But I must say I look forward to the next flight and think hard and plan new flight locations.
I try to be very safe and not hurt the craft or put anyone in any type of jeopardy.

This hobby or addiction has me won over. I'm hooked and love it!

Sorry if this is off topic but these are the neatest things since bikinis.

Reactions: dirkclod
Skipholiday said:
Ok. I'm an old guy. 56 or so years old. I'm retired Army and have always been into rc of some type or the other.
I've owned gas air boats, 1/8th scale 4 wheel drive 3 plus horsepower race buggies and small cox line guided airplanes.

I raced dirtbikes and still build and attempt to drive offroad vehicles. (Suzuki Samurais)

Nothing has ever given me the thrill that these little remote control drones do.

I'm not that great of a pilot. I haven't set any distance records and in fact have flown only short distances under 500 feet.

But I must say I look forward to the next flight and think hard and plan new flight locations.
I try to be very safe and not hurt the craft or put anyone in any type of jeopardy.

56 is hardly over the hill, so keep it up young fella LOL ... and yep your right these things are a blast ... !! ... but always seems to freak my wife out that I pick such expensive hobbies ... mountaineering, boating and scube diving ... and now drone expenditure as well :) ..... but hell ... lifes short, fly high and party on !! :D

So welcome Skipholiday ...

Skipholiday said:
.......... Sorry if this is off topic but these are the neatest things since bikinis.

I agree with the spirit of your message but this might have you re-think the last line :lol:
http://youtu.be/RClRJAlx0h0

:eek: :shock: :D

Not so funny. How about some respect for the women on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterborne said:
Skipholiday said:
.......... Sorry if this is off topic but these are the neatest things since bikinis.

I agree with the spirit of your message but this might have you re-think the last line :lol:
http://youtu.be/RClRJAlx0h0

:eek: :shock: :D
sweet

semaj said:
This is just the beginning... Just wait... Imagine what the technology will allow us to do in a couple years...
indeed. I need one with at least a 200 pound payload. ;)

Skipholiday said:

You young fellas are so enthusiastic... :)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Skipholiday said:

You young fellas are so enthusiastic... :)

-slinger
I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon this and then find this forum with so many great like minded friends.

My interest in drones sparked from my dislike of the USA's current administration.
They use drones quite often and I felt compelled to learn about the weapon that may one day be used against me.

Skipholiday said:

+1

I'm with you 100%

amrflyingdude said:
Skipholiday said:

+1

I'm with you 100%
cool. I'm looking forward to doing so much more

Mav456 said:
Guaranteed 100% you'll love it for 30 days than want to upgrade to P2 with zenmuse gopro and fpv

That's your opinion. Clearly there are P2V gimbals available which keeps the-all-in solution and provide video stabilisation if you wanted it. Personally I prefer the instant gratification that comes with an out-of-the-box P2V, you don't. There are always options, so don't be so black-and-white on the subject.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mav456 said:
Skipholiday said:

Guaranteed 100% you'll love it for 30 days than want to upgrade to P2 with zenmuse gopro and fpv

Guaranteed you'll love your phantom 2 with go pro for 30 days until you realize the pictures suck and you can't control the settings while it's in the air. Stop wasting your time and buy a vision. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers