I love Litchi!

Reaction score
Due to several factors i kept my Advanced in the box for almost a year without a single flight..
Finally i've started using it, but unfortunately i have the (common, i see) soft focus issue on my still, so until i'll fix it i'm using litchi and its amazing waypoint missions, and i just love it!
Being a novice i can only dream to replicate that smooth camera movements and panning that this great app allows..
Here a small clip from my very first litchi mission.
Remember, i know nothing about video, let alone aerial video.. i'm just a beginner and thanks to this forum i'm learning a lot.
Filmed in Bonassola, a small village close to the 5 Terre, in north west Italy, in a small window of no rain in a really s****y day.
A really rough edit, tilted horizon, no nd filter, really far from perfection, just wanted to share my joy...
Be kind! (Quentin Tarantino, keep resting easy!) :):)

P.S.:Check my other video on Vimeo, a close encounter with a bunch of dolphins in an incredible warm late October day (sadly not filmed with the Phantom!)

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Super smooth. Supposed to be black and white??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, rain all day except half an hour... Plus my laptop struggles with HD (let alone 2.7k) videos, so I didn't spent time on any color corrections, or grading.
As soon I get my hand on a backpack and some and filters I will work on some serious footage.
The black and white in this case was a dirty and cheap way to bypass editing... [emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You seem to be a professional, if not, you have all the capabilities. What a lovely shot.

Nice!!! Needs some dramatic music with that black and white lol. I love black and white footage and from a drone it has so much more impact.

You seem to be a professional, if not, you have all the capabilities. What a lovely shot.

Thanks a lot!
I've worked as a photographer, in a distant era of darkrooms and films... :D
To be able to have a camera floating around at 30 or 300 feet above is simply amazing, and i bought the phantom (knowing all its limits), primarily for still photography, and to enter this drone/quadcopters thing.
Sadly i fear i have to address the issue of the soft focus, because so far the images (raw and everything) are really disappointing, and way less crisp and on focus that other advanced users.
Thanks to hints found here i hope to fix that, and to achieve some good results.
Anyway the phantom is really a cool gadget, and i can't wait to get the most out of it.
Now i'm still a super newbie, and when i see it above the sea, doing its work, i always that urge to abort the mission and to have safely in my hands asap.... :D
I've ordered some ND filters, so i'm gonna keep exploring the waypoint missions with Litchi, that as far i can see, can really help (almost) anyone to get some really nice and (again, almost :) ) professional footage. The gimbal and drone movements are fantastic, and a well thought mission, planned with care, can produce really beautiful shots. And, once at home with your pc, you can make small or big adjustments and fly the mission over and over.
Obviously this approach is not perfect for all the situations, but the combo phantom/litchi in my opinion can really produce great videos, and i'm really enthusiast about this app.
Thanks again, for both your kind words and for the precious help you personally keep spreading on this forum.

Last edited:
Nice!!! Needs some dramatic music with that black and white lol. I love black and white footage and from a drone it has so much more impact.

Thanks! As i often think "Every solution produces new problems" :D:D
I would like to keep my next videos without using copyrighted music (like this one, from the Dexter tv show (i swear, at least i have the cd! :p) so i'm looking for some open source program to create some background music, because the "free" one from youtube library, or similar services, isn't that good....
Plus, you can use the soudtrack to emphasize transition, or movements, ad so on.... :cool:

Due to several factors i kept my Advanced in the box for almost a year without a single flight..
Finally i've started using it, but unfortunately i have the (common, i see) soft focus issue on my still, so until i'll fix it i'm using litchi and its amazing waypoint missions, and i just love it!
Being a novice i can only dream to replicate that smooth camera movements and panning that this great app allows..
Here a small clip from my very first litchi mission.
Remember, i know nothing about video, let alone aerial video.. i'm just a beginner and thanks to this forum i'm learning a lot.
Filmed in Bonassola, a small village close to the 5 Terre, in north west Italy, in a small window of no rain in a really s****y day.
A really rough edit, tilted horizon, no nd filter, really far from perfection, just wanted to share my joy...
Be kind! (Quentin Tarantino, keep resting easy!) :):)

P.S.:Check my other video on Vimeo, a close encounter with a bunch of dolphins in an incredible warm late October day (sadly not filmed with the Phantom!)

Nicely done! I look forward to more videos from that area. We stayed in Vernazza a few days and explored the hillsides and beach villages there. The colors are stunning there in the Golden Hour. Being able to fly there will open up many scenic vistas not easily found on foot. Have fun!

Nicely done! I look forward to more videos from that area. We stayed in Vernazza a few days and explored the hillsides and beach villages there. The colors are stunning there in the Golden Hour. Being able to fly there will open up many scenic vistas not easily found on foot. Have fun!
I would like to film and take pictures of all the 5 terre (Corniglia, Vernazza and Riomaggiore are my favourite) with the peace and beautiful colors of the winter skies and also a lot of less known villages in the hills just behind the sea, like the ones in the valley of Levanto..
It's a beatiful coast here, with a lot, really a lot of hidden gems, ready to be "discovered" by my phantom!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20