I like to figure stuff out before I cry for help...I'm crying...please help.

Reaction score
Iv'e tried everything, every search, every post and every hunch, test and retest.... but I give. I need your guys help.

Every time I power up my gimbal defaults to this! Defaults to the "config 2" setting and gimbal won't tilt because it also defaults to "0" on the gimbal pitch EXP. How do I get this to remember my settings?! It remembers everything else I customize but this. PITA having to go to this and select config 1 with gimbal pitch defaulting at 50 so I can tilt when filming! I've clicked the reset and it still remembers the settings below when I power back up! Minor thing i know but, IT's MAKING ME NUTS!

Just noticed this is in discussion instead of "help"... sorry for that.
Thanks for listening. I already feel a little better.

IMG_0006.jpg

My app never saves the settings for that either. Always defaults to mode 1 but never saves the changes I make to the other modes.

Another bug by the sounds of it. Never used it myself
Yeah I guess. Unfortunately I NEVER use it either. I was tinkering around one day thinking this would be nice to have custom configurations and from that day forward those "tinkerings" became the default.

I've deleted the app and reinstalling... we'll see.

Iv'e tried everything, every search, every post and every hunch, test and retest.... but I give. I need your guys help.

Every time I power up my gimbal defaults to this! Defaults to the "config 2" setting and gimbal won't tilt because it also defaults to "0" on the gimbal pitch EXP. How do I get this to remember my settings?! It remembers everything else I customize but this. PITA having to go to this and select config 1 with gimbal pitch defaulting at 50 so I can tilt when filming! I've clicked the reset and it still remembers the settings below when I power back up! Minor thing i know but, IT's MAKING ME NUTS!

Just noticed this is in discussion instead of "help"... sorry for that.
Thanks for listening. I already feel a little better.

View attachment 24846
Just checked mine for the first time and set all 3 configurations.

1. Powered off the Phantom and the controller and then powered the controller and Phantom back up. All the settings for the 3 configurations were back at the default setting 50 on the gimbal pitch expo and gimbal pitch limit off.

Did it again-- set all 3 configurations-- same process, this time they held to the new settings.
1. Powered off the Phantom and the controller and then powered the controller and Phantom back up.

This time they held and did not change.:confused:

What does that prove? Maybe you have to set twice and it will hold or maybe it is a bug that they will have to work on-- I would send this in to DJI Tech support and see what kind of response you get.

I am going to be checking it the next 3 or 4 days and see if it holds those configurations.

Thanks for sharing the problem--

1. Powered off the Phantom and the controller and then powered the controller and Phantom back up. All the settings for the 3 configurations were back at the default setting 50 on the gimbal pitch expo and gimbal pitch limit off.

Did it again-- set all 3 configurations-- same process, this time they held to the new settings.
1. Powered off the Phantom and the controller and then powered the controller and Phantom back up.

What does that prove? Maybe you have to set twice and it will hold or maybe it is a bug that they will have to work on-- I would send this in to DJI Tech support and see what kind of response you get.

I am going to be checking it the next 3 or 4 days and see if it holds those configurations.

Thanks for your response and the suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Tried your steps after deleting the app and doing a fresh reinstall. Powered the controller, then Phantom, powered down controller then Phantom... 3 or 4 times. SAME THING! Defaults to config 2 gimbal sets to "0". Uuuuugh. I watched it happen. Jumps to "0" when the Phantom powers up. However it still remembered my custom camera settings from before so there must be a preferences file to also delete!

Last edited:

I apologise for resurrecting such an old thread but this is the only one my search turned up.
The latest GO app has four gimbal settings, but I cannot find where in the manual they are described. Can anyone please point me to where I can read how these setting are used and what their affects are; especially the "Tilt EXP" and the "Synchronised Pan Follow".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj