I let it rip today. (Stock) 4031ft

**** Tony, you go man. i just dont want to fly over water here where it is cold. signals must bounce of the water that's why they go father over water.

Good job!
That's why I think you can go 10k feet with your mod. If you go over water. Also depending if your battery can last.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know Skyway well, and also know it's been flown with a Phantom many times. Now test that distance actually getting planned footage around and under the bridge!

Reactions: Tony Cowan
**** Tony, you go man. i just dont want to fly over water here where it is cold. signals must bounce of the water that's why they go father over water.

Good job!
Don't be scared of water it's just like the ground if it falls out of sky your fixing or replacing

This morning was windy. But you're right. Wind was only 8mph in St Pete.

I love florida, the closest thing we have to Nassau. Spent time on Big Munson Is on a seabase thing with my son, a scout deal. It was great, catching nurse sharks, mahi mahi, and having hermit crab races.

I know Skyway well, and also know it's been flown with a Phantom many times. Now test that distance actually getting planned footage around and under the bridge!
I would be too nervous. Maybe with litchi. But the height of the skyway is 430 feet. Not sure I want to do it. Plus the winds are always tough over there. Wondering where I can locate my self. I guess on one of the old fishing piers should do it.

well I am going down to skyway and go for 4000 wish me luck

well I am going down to skyway and go for 4000 wish me luck
For sure good luck. Try one of those little beaches past the toll. Are you gonna go under the bridge? Send video.

not sure where yet just decide when I get there I due have a customers house that faces the skyway could fly it off there dock towards the skyway

Yeah, we kinda figured that out 30 minutes ago. But thanks!

Needless comment, sure they didn't mean anything by it. That's why people don't like boards like this.

That's about what I got over the bush behind my place. I was at 1,232 m (4,042 ft) away when the signal totally crapped out and it started heading home. I was at 120 m (400 ft) up at the time. I think if I was higher it would have been able to go further as it would have reduced the trees in the way.

I also have yet to mod mine. Don't think I will unless the price drops on those antenna kits.

As someone said I think lack of other interfering radio signals and buildings is the key. Where I am there's maybe 10 houses within 5km and hardly any of them would even have internet let alone wifi.

That's about what I got over the bush behind my place. I was at 1,232 m (4,042 ft) away when the signal totally crapped out and it started heading home. I was at 120 m (400 ft) up at the time. I think if I was higher it would have been able to go further as it would have reduced the trees in the way.

I also have yet to mod mine. Don't think I will unless the price drops on those antenna kits.

As someone said I think lack of other interfering radio signals and buildings is the key. Where I am there's maybe 10 houses within 5km and hardly any of them would even have internet let alone wifi.
You think being higher up helps? I was at about 320ft. But for sure only over water. I'm waiting for my windsurfer. Only strange thing that happened was when drone returned. It was over head. I lost video for about 10 secs. But it was right in front of me. Also. Noted on the return flight log. It says I was -3ft below sea level. As where I was standing is not so solid. It was slightly different position from where I took off.

3 ft below your take off point? or 3 ft below the sea?

If it was overhead, then you more or less need to point the front of the remote upwards towards it.
The rough art below sorta shows. The white square at the meeting of the blue lines was supposed to be a black box for the remote.
signal.png

Needless comment, sure they didn't mean anything by it. That's why people don't like boards like this.

Did you miss the next post where I apologized to him?! Yours was the needless comment. Reading is Fundamental.

Nice run for sure. I sent mine for its longest run the other day. Off the beach. 1.1 mile...ish. Thats crazy it went that far lol.

That's why I think you can go 10k feet with your mod. If you go over water. Also depending if your battery can last.

3 ft below your take off point? or 3 ft below the sea?
I'm guessing that measurement is below sea level. As I can't go below ground level. I was not on a mountain. It landed 3ft from where I took off. And I was at the ocean. Ground does dip. That is why I was like it has a negative altitude on the telemetry.

Nice run for sure. I sent mine for its longest run the other day. Off the beach. 1.1 mile...ish. Thats crazy it went that far lol.
Was that the stock remote? Any mods? I know I could have went further. I still have half of signal on remote. But because I had not saw it visually in 8 minutes. I started to worry. And hit rth. I never lost video feed the entire way. Maybe I should have pushed it.

Everything was stock. I actually lost contact with it. Was scary for a while. lol. It took what seemed like forever to reconnect.

I went into panic mode when I lost signal. And I hit land. Ahh! Hmmm. I hit rth right and just waited and hoped for the best. I figured it would be fine. The video shows it flying right back so my "operator error" never made it out to the drone. lol.

Was that the stock remote? Any mods? I know I could have went further. I still have half of signal on remote. But because I had not saw it visually in 8 minutes. I started to worry. And hit rth. I never lost video feed the entire way. Maybe I should have pushed it.

I just pushed mine to the limit last night, almost the whole flight was at 200 ft AGL, but there was some large power lines right at the start that I went over. I actually never lost connection, I chickened out pushing it until RTH kicked in, video was starting to flicker so I pulled back on the stick and brought it back.

But stock, no mods, 4148 feet!

Great shots Tony! I know the area well, I live in Lakeland and get over there quite a bit in the summer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers