I laugh when I hear people say "Amazon Air will never work"

Re: I laugh when I hear people say "Amazon Air will never wo

Hughie said:
.....Really appreciate that slinger. You can't have a serious debate with someone who argues like a teenager :?
I hope you have his IP address logged for when he returns to Troll some more.
That would only work if he has a static address. 99% do not. Too expensive.

Happyflyer said:
Hughie said:
.....Really appreciate that slinger. You can't have a serious debate with someone who argues like a teenager :?

Fair point, but actually, it depends where you are in the world and how often you cycle your router. The lease time on routeable dynamic IP addresses can be a long time - mine has not changed for 18 months at least. Your experience may be different.

But I take your point, and if people really want to circumvent IPs badly enough there are ways of doing it.

Hughie said:
Happyflyer said:
Hughie said:

Fair point, but actually, it depends where you are in the world and how often you cycle your router. The lease time on internet-routeable dynamic IP addresses can be a long time - mine has not changed for 18 months at least. Your experience may be different.

But I take your point, and if people really want to circumvent IPs badly enough there are ways of doing it.

Hughie,
Yes, I agree. My IP has held now for about 14 months since modem and router are never off. Only time it changes when I have a 12 hour or so power outage. But, if more than an hour, I fire up the generator.

I have to wonder...there was someone using very similar type of language called DeathFromJuu. He was banned as well. Shortly after he was banned, then TimmyG94 started up. I have to wonder if they were one in the same person.

People generally keep a pretty consistent online persona...they can't help it. I suspect that this isn't Timmy's first day at the ban-hammer rodeo.

Do they get a time out or are they banned. The latter seems a bit harsh unless they were absolutely evil

Khudson7 said:
I have to wonder...there was someone using very similar type of language called DeathFromJuu. He was banned as well. Shortly after he was banned, then TimmyG94 started up. I have to wonder if they were one in the same person.

I believe they were. I also believe him to be a troll that's well known to this forum. He has regenerated so many times that we're able to identify him fairly quickly at this point. We have a couple of IP ranges that he's used in the past and we factor that in if we think it's him...

-slinger

Monte55 said:
Do they get a time out or are they banned. The latter seems a bit harsh unless they were absolutely evil

In most cases a private warning is our first action. We've warned some users three or more times before temporarily banning them for a week or a month, depending on the infraction.

This particular gentleman isn't slowed all that much by a permanent banning. I don't know why anyone would go through the trouble of coming back over and over again and make absolutely no effort to hide their persona or intentions. I just don't get it.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Monte55 said:

In most cases a private warning is our first action. We've warned some users three or more times before temporarily banning them for a week or a month, depending on the infraction.

This particular gentleman isn't slowed all that much by a permanent banning. I don't know why anyone would go through the trouble of coming back over and over again and make absolutely no effort to hide their persona or intentions. I just don't get it.

-slinger

It's a game to them... they lose... put in another quarter... and play again.

I don't understand why people act that way. If they ever expect help at all, that is a poor way to get it. It doesn't take long to be flagged in peoples minds. But this happens on most forums. I am a member of three or more welding forums, a couple of experimental helicopter man carrying forums, photography forums, machining forums including CNC. They all have trolls, or people that are hard to get along with. I built a Cnc router/plasma table in about 2006. Got my info from CNC ZONE. The only forum I have been a member of with absolute none of this bs is Vetric. It's the company that designed the cad software I use. Good people and smart. Neve have heard a bad word there. Always ready to help no matter how many times a question is asked. They're too busy being productive and have no time for bs.

Khudson7 said:

Could be. DeathFromJuu is most definitely Pete F. He has been banned from this site more times than I can count (cunningstuntflyer, quadzilla, spanktimonious to recall a few of his banned aliases). He disappeared for a long while but reappeared recently. He's actually posted a lot of useful information but he lives to get people riled up.

Buckaye said:
TimmyG94 said:
Buckaye said:
Right now... I can pay $3.99 to have an item delivered to my door tomorrow. I do that a LOT (and now they even deliver some items on Sunday).

What service is this? I got Amazon Prime and I'm quite happy with free 2-day delivery. However, same day delivery is the next hill to be conquered, and drones can make that happen cost effectively, for many but not all items.

Seriously? Next day... the box right below 2 day free :)

And, not for nothing... your comment about being quite happy with 2-day free - kind of helps make my point about the uphill battle drone delivery faces due to the expense :) Happy with waiting 2 days for free... $3.99 for next day is too expensive?

And if I want a delivery now, I want it NOW. At MY doorstep.
Not 2 blocks away at Little Timmy's locker for me to pick up later.
Little Timmy thinks that Amazon's business plan for drones would benefit by a volunteer based neighborhood groups to man a "locker" where a volunteer will meet the drone and place the package in a locker where it will wait for me to get in my car and drive to this location...bwhahahahaha.

Now that makes me laugh. Loud.

gunslinger said:
Khudson7 said:

I believe they were. I also believe him to be a troll that's well known to this forum. He has regenerated so many times that we're able to identify him fairly quickly at this point. We have a couple of IP ranges that he's used in the past and we factor that in if we think it's him...

-slinger

Thank You for ridding the forum of him again...for a moment.
I reported him over the weekend to another moderator with my suspicions of who he was.
I was told it was not DeathFromJuu, and that he had been issued a warning.

I reported him again the next day, and was told he had been issued a more severe warning.
I was surprised to see him responding in this manner AGAIN.
Thank YOU.

Interent Troll Syndrome is a real diagnosis, a type of personality disorder - these guys rarely give up unless there is
some effective intervention from either counseling or psych meds or a combination of the two.

dirkclod said:
It's gotta be something in the water ! ;)
.....Or they just may be a little "off" in the head.
I remember a guy from my army days back in the '60's. Anytime a bunch of us we STS or "discussing" something, he would step in and in minutes everyone was ready to kick the c--- out of him. Some people are just like that...... Last I knew he never made it back from one of our unnecessary wars. Friendly fire or foe, no one knows.....

I currently have a Facebook ad running and some people are so stubborn, they're willing to argue in the comments about a product's quality and insult the FB Page administrator even though they never ordered anything, just based on speculation.
Boredom is my best guess, maybe competition, maybe they have personal problems and flaming is a cure for their insecurity.

GoodnNuff said:
gunslinger said:
Khudson7 said:

-slinger

Thank You for ridding the forum of him again...for a moment.
I reported him over the weekend to another moderator with my suspicions of who he was.
I was told it was not DeathFromJuu, and that he had been issued a warning.

I reported him again the next day, and was told he had been issued a more severe warning.
I was surprised to see him responding in this manner AGAIN.
Thank YOU.

Interent Troll Syndrome is a real diagnosis, a type of personality disorder - these guys rarely give up unless there is
some effective intervention from either counseling or psych meds or a combination of the two.

As someone who has a degree in psychology - I was instantly interested in whether internet troll syndrome is an actual diagnosis (classified specifically as such I mean). What I found didn't convince me that it has reached that level - but there is certainly some research being done.

A lot of focus has been centered around a combination of personality disorders that "trolling" happens to feed -

Psychopathy (coldness, fearless, antisocial)
Manipulative
and the leading contender is Sadism (actually wanting to hurt people)

Exacerbating the situation is the the deindividualization that happens because of anonymity

Also - it's a form of attention that can be narcissistic in nature.

This article kind of summarizes a lot of the articles I was seeing on the subject - Not a peer reviewed journal - but it certainly refers to actual studies on the subject... it's a good read:

http://www.theguardian.com/media-networ ... mary-beard

Anyway... I have to say - none of it really surprises me with the exception of sadism... I had assumed it was more the anonymity and narcissism without particular regard to how the victim felt... but, the more I have read - the more the sadism thing makes a lot of sense.

ianwood said:
Khudson7 said:

Could be. DeathFromJuu is most definitely Pete F. He has been banned from this site more times than I can count (cunningstuntflyer, quadzilla, spanktimonious to recall a few of his banned aliases). He disappeared for a long while but reappeared recently. He's actually posted a lot of useful information but he lives to get people riled up.

That's right on the nose, Ian. He's also a bicycle enthusiast and he puts bike forums through the same cycle... so to speak...

-slinger

There's actually a far more simple reason why drone delivery will not be profitable. Unruly teens, gang members, idiots, and ne'er do wells will do everything they can to knock them out of the sky and steal the merchandise. And if Amazon employs a drop off hub like Locker then the bad guys will easily learn the route and be on the lookout for deliveries.

Guns, rocks, cheapie drones, and even jamming radio frequencies could all pose a threat to delivery drones. And you can bet that the bad guys will be creative and find more and more ways to knock the deliveries out of the sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20