I laugh when I hear people say "Amazon Air will never work"

Re: I laugh when I hear people say "Amazon Air will never wo

TimmyG94 said:
MacCool said:
I continue to laugh at people like you who spout these adolescent fantasies that have been promulgating flying cars for the last 30+ years. And now "delivery drones".

I had "adolescent fantasies" about desktop computers coming true in the 70's and 80's and guess what? They came true.

In 1988 I had a dream that someday I would be holding a small device in my hand that could let me make phone calls anywhere, and also do some computing tasks. Guess what? It came true.

Now when I think about drones someday soon delivering packages with cost efficiency and reliability. You can guess that answer. I WILL BE RIGHT AGAIN.

Choke on those facts, buster.

Yeah bud. You're quite the visionary.

Buckaye said:
I can certainly tell you don't have a whole lot of business sense either - this is yet another cost that will drive up the price of delivery. Because it will start as a niche market... you're little maintenance agreement will be expensive and won't be in the yellow pages under "delivery drone maintenance company." While the concept of farming the work out to a company that does this is EVENTUALLY sound... those services only develop after a critical mass of demand develops. Only when there's enough people offering this service will there be pressure on prices...and that will only happen if the demand for drone delivery survives high initial prices.

Blah, blah, blah .... "maintenance contracts are expensive" .... blah, blah, blah .... "only when critical mass develops". Sheesh, you need to retake "Econ 101" at the local community college again. Methinks you didnt do so well the first time around LOL. Remember, the founder of FedEx wrote a paper about his business idea in college and got a "C-" on it because the econ professor thought it was a lousy idea and that nobody can compete with the US Postal Service. :lol:

Besides being insulting through and through for no reason - your argument is extraordinarily flawed. It is FAR less likely for drone delivery to make economic sense in a place where fewer people live because the demand will be far less. Good Lord... so you're saying your answer to snow covered roads is to have drone delivery for the 3 people who need it? You're right... courier services are not fiscally sound investments in rural areas... but neither are drones (even one's with nitro fuel - which is far more expensive than gas).

Yeah, I'm sure it's sooooo expensive for Walgreen's and Rite Aid to lease out delivery drones for probably a $2,000 per month from a service company, and then those pharmacies make $4-5,000 per month in the drone delivery fees, or at least enough to cover the drone leasing costs. Like I said, go take an "Econ 101" course and learn the basics here. I aint got time to spoon feed you how the business world works.

Fyod said:
Why are you so hyped about a mediocre service that'll have limitations anyways, and willing to argue over it in multiple threads?

Who made you the world's authority on what's "mediocre" ?? I could look at your photo, your wife, your kids, your job, your house, and your entire life and call it "mediocre".

I think you get my point. :lol:

There's nothing "mediocre" to provide a service where it's 11pm at night and I got a sore throat that's knocking the snot out of me and I'd much rather stay in my jammies and log in to Walgreen.com and order up drone delivery of my antibiotics within 15 min. than have to get into a cold car, drive thru snow, waste gas, pollute the atmosphere, and wait in line while some lady argues with the sales clerk about which coupons she can use for her purchase. Apparently, you arent too familiar with the "wonderful" way retail delivery of a product is currently handled, but I can think of a better way and it's done with a drone that lets me stay inside my comfy house while I sip a coffee and wait to hear that lovely buzzing noise of a little flyer delivering my product!

But hey, the status quo is what your life is all about so have fun with it. ;)

TimmyG94 said:
Choke on those facts, buster.
Sure have to give him an A+...for not giving up.

The fun is not over...yet. :p

Monte55 said:
I do think he has the right to voice his opinion although he's been a bit rude at times. Whether his future posts are restricted or not, that is the decision of the forum head. As far as his posts, he in an angel compared to some of the crap I have read on here. Remember freedom of speach.

Yes, but as we've painfully learned in recent weeks .... people get their little feelings hurt in different ways and then they go cry to Mommy (or shoot up a newspaper office).

Sad times we're living in.

:cry:

Great idea for you TimmyG94, When the stock goes on sale for this idea, buy all you can. Then 10-15 years from now when it is all working, you can look at your millions and tell everyone, "I told you so."

TimmyG94 said:
Fyod said:
Why are you so hyped about a mediocre service that'll have limitations anyways, and willing to argue over it in multiple threads?

Who made you the world's authority on what's "mediocre" ?? I could look at your photo, your wife, your kids, your job, your house, and your entire life and call it "mediocre".

There isn't a drone made that's powerful enough to lift all the insults you've thrown out on this one thread alone, TimmyG94. Your rudeness and name-calling is a reflection of yourself, not those you insult.

You misread people's posts, attribute the wrong ideas to them, and then insult them for those ideas you failed to comprehend.

There are better ways of making your point.

TimmyG94 said:
Fyod said:

I think you get my point. :lol:

There's nothing "mediocre" to provide a service where it's 11pm at night and I got a sore throat that's knocking the snot out of me and I'd much rather stay in my jammies and log in to Walgreen.com and order up drone delivery of my antibiotics within 15 min. than have to get into a cold car, drive thru snow, waste gas, pollute the atmosphere, and wait in line while some lady argues with the sales clerk about which coupons she can use for her purchase. Apparently, you arent too familiar with the "wonderful" way retail delivery of a product is currently handled, but I can think of a better way and it's done with a drone that lets me stay inside my comfy house while I sip a coffee and wait to hear that lovely buzzing noise of a little flyer delivering my product!

But hey, the status quo is what your life is all about so have fun with it. ;)

No, sorry, I don't get your point.
How would you propose a service like this could work on a cold winter's night?
Can you at least plot a draft of how you imagine this working based on your experience with drones?

Due to multiple complaints, Timmy had to take a little vacation... Thank you all for pointing out this unacceptable behavior. We try to move forward on these things as quickly as we can and seeing multiple reports against the same user in the same thread makes our job a bit easier...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Due to multiple complaints, Timmy had to take a little vacation... Thank you all for pointing out this unacceptable behavior. We try to move forward on these things as quickly as we can and seeing multiple reports against the same user in the same thread makes our job a bit easier...

-slinger

Thanks man! Though to be clear - it was the insulting garbage that got him banned right? I don't think any of us mind intelligent debating.

Thanks Slinger. This thread has been like seeing something terribly gross, but yet cannot stop looking. Finally with Timmy on vacation, I can move on.

Buckaye said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Thanks man! Though to be clear - it was the insulting garbage that got him banned right? I don't think any of us mind intelligent debating.

Exactly. We really don't want someone out here using name calling as a debate technique. It shows a total lack of respect for other users and resulted in multiple complaints. I thought the complaints were well founded.

-slinger

Bad part is he will just be back under a different name. Best thing to do is just ignore people like that.

Happyflyer said:
Bad part is he will just be back under a different name. Best thing to do is just ignore people like that.

What's kind of too bad is that quite a few of us have been willing to have an intelligent conversation about the feasibility and hurdles of such an idea... It's fun to talk about stuff like this... And then the dude goes into troll mode.

I would like to see a world where people start talking on forums like they would if they were standing in front of you. So much false bravado and general lack of respect from folks who hide behind a screen name and act as if that means they bear no responsibility to be civil.

Anonymity brings out the jerks, racists, punks, bullies and all the behavior that comes with those in a way that no other medium has.

Sigh... Just a shame.

I agree, when it comes to Amazon. Jeff won't spend millions buying drones, hiring and training drone operators without a good plan. One that I can't fathom.

Buckaye said:
Happyflyer said:

What's kind of too bad is that quite a few of us have been willing to have an intelligent conversation about the feasibility and hurdles of such an idea... It's fun to talk about stuff like this... And then the dude goes into troll mode.

I would like to see a world where people start talking on forums like they would if they were standing in front of you. So much false bravado and general lack of respect from folks who hide behind a screen name and act as if that means they bear no responsibility to be civil.

Anonymity brings out the jerks, racists, punks, bullies and all the behavior that comes with those in a way that no other medium has.

Sigh... Just a shame.

I couldn't agree more. Anonymity has always allowed people who feel under appreciated to act out in order to get any kind of response from others. I ran a BBS for a decade back in the 1980's to early 1990's and that sort of mindset began to rear its head back then. Now... it's even easier to be anonymous and to be as outrageous as you wish.

I really think there's some sort of psychological issue with some of these people and I keep waiting for the illuminati to come up with a professional term to explain this syndrome. Regardless... the mods on this forum are here to minimize their impact.

-slinger

Hey Slinger,

Is that a Magnum you're packing or just a straight 44? :lol:

You crack me up. Thanks for being here.

IflyinWY said:
Hey Slinger,

Is that a Magnum you're packing or just a straight 44? :lol:

You crack me up. Thanks for being here.

.357 S&W 686+ with a 4" barrel... :D :D :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:

-slinger

Really appreciate that slinger. You can't have a serious debate with someone who argues like a teenager :?
I hope you have his IP address logged for when he returns to Troll some more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj