I know today's date, but this looks real

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

how long before DJI sues the crap out of them?

They look great though and the info says the control system can handle up to 50 in a swarm. No pricing available or extra info on their site. Interesting to see what the come out at for a price point.

how long before DJI sues the crap out of them?
Sues them ?? what for?
Competing? - that's not illegal.
Competition is great for the customers.

Hardly news .... the video above was early in February.
MaxAero have been showing these off since December and say they are releasing in mid-April .. probably at NAB.

The landing gear was beefed up, that was nice. You could see the camera wires hanging out of each one. DJI sent me a email before the end of the year and asked me to go to a link to answer some questions on what I would like to see if another new model came out. I can see the quads shown here had sensors on all sides which would go along with a couple of the questions I was asked. Basically, you can be flying towards the side of your house, a brick wall, a tree, and the sensors will stop the unit from crashing. Can't wait for this new setup. I'm ready to pay, get on a list, whatever I'm ready for this new technology that is out now.

I was referring to the obvious clone design. I'm not opposed to competition and it seems to be a nice alternative but I'm also aware of the years of suit between Samsung and Apple over what was basically a rectangle with a button drawing submitted for patent. I'm impressed with some of the proposed features DJI could be integrating. Of course when a popular format and style takes hold others tend to improve rather than innovate. Cudos to them and I will definitely be awaiting their price point to see if it's a better alternative.

Everything made in China is a clone of something else. They can hardly go around suing each other for patents in a Chinese court of law lol

Reactions: Xrover
I think DJI is letting Maxaero build these under contract, or getting a license fee per unit so they can keep the existing Phantom 2 design alive while DJI builds more higher end products.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic