I Knew Zero AND Now I'm The FPV HERO!

I would not use the FC40 camera wifi or any other GoPro type camera with wifi on a 2.4 ghz system.There are a lot of posts from people that have had control issues or worse..fly aways! I had a 1.2 ghz transmitter that put out 1500 mw. The video was great ,but it put me into fail safe at 100 m . I changed to a 600 mw 2.4ghz fpv transmitter .

I would not use the FC40 camera wifi or any other GoPro type camera with wifi on a 2.4 ghz system.There are a lot of posts from people that have had control issues or worse..fly aways! I had a 1.2 ghz transmitter that put out 1500 mw. The video was great ,but it put me into fail safe at 100 m . I changed to a 600 mw 2.4ghz fpv transmitter .

Yeah man i know all this now. I'm running 5.8ghz FPV's now so no problems, I never used the FC40 camera as I think it's really bad quality, what distance are you getting on your FPV range?

I've been past 700 m . I use the IBcrazy antennas . At that distance I can't see it any more...far enough for me.

Reactions: Jimfreestyle
I've been past 700 m . I use the IBcrazy antennas . At that distance I can't see it any more...far enough for me.

Haha I feel your worries Wayne! So I'm guessing in my situation that I have purchased a Phantom FC40 and received a Phantom 1 with an FC40 camera! Surely I should receive some compensation from the seller! What do you think? after all if I had decided to use the FC40 camera I would have almost definitely lost signal at some point.. which would have sucked!

hey Jimmy I'm just getting into fpv I have a phantom and a go pro and I really wanna get a gimbal but I don't wanna spend so much money on an h3-3d I saw a cheap few gimbals that kinda looked like yours and was wondering if you had any tips, also I wanna start fpv and I think I'm gonna have to go with a 5,8 GHz I know not everyone likes that but I don't really know what the problem is. since I'm kinda knew to this, hence why I joined this forum I'd greatly appreciate if you guys could help!!! I looked at a few boscam trasmitters and receiver and even monitors however not sure if they're the best ones!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438618033.004075.jpg

thank you everyone in advance !!

hey Jimmy I'm just getting into fpv I have a phantom and a go pro and I really wanna get a gimbal but I don't wanna spend so much money on an h3-3d I saw a cheap few gimbals that kinda looked like yours and was wondering if you had any tips, also I wanna start fpv and I think I'm gonna have to go with a 5,8 GHz I know not everyone likes that but I don't really know what the problem is. since I'm kinda knew to this, hence why I joined this forum I'd greatly appreciate if you guys could help!!! I looked at a few boscam trasmitters and receiver and even monitors however not sure if they're the best ones!View attachment 26425

thank you everyone in advance !!

Welcome man!! Firstly What phantom have you got?

Look on the back of your controller there is a sticker on the back it will tell you your frequency range, let me know what that is.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438619744.056937.jpg

You have a 2.4 ghz radio. A 5.8 ghz fpv will work great. You just can't use the same frequency.

Something lots of folks are overlooking these days is the possibility of going down to 1.2 instead of up to 5.8. The lower range works better when you have to deal with trees and momentary interruptions in line of sight.
I'm not encouraging anyone to fly where they can't see the bird, just saying there are other options besides 2.4 and 5.8. :D

Something lots of folks are overlooking these days is the possibility of going down to 1.2 instead of up to 5.8. The lower range works better when you have to deal with trees and momentary interruptions in line of sight.
I'm not encouraging anyone to fly where they can't see the bird, just saying there are other options besides 2.4 and 5.8. :D

You saying you can fly further with 1.2?

You saying you can fly further with 1.2?
You can only fly as far as your controller will stay in contact with the bird. Two identical birds, one with 5.8 and one with 2.4 control frequencies will have different ranges. The bird with 2.4 will maintain contact longer than the bird with 5.8. Think of it like AM and FM radio. AM will bounce around and travel hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles whereas FM is limited to "Line of sight".

So yes. 1.2 will go farther than 2.4. 2.4 will go farther than 5.8. In each case, I am assuming the power output of the transmitter to be equal.

Good point ,but be aware of the antenna size difference . I used a 1.2 on my FC40 for a while . One time during takeoff the antenna got hung up and I had to change props.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/j7L-ZptjkGY/maxresdefault.jpg
The 1.2 is on the left ,then 2.4,and 5.8

Yes he's right you need a 5.8ghz fpv sender you won't be able to use a 2.4ghz sender or you will end up with a fly away or crash. Below is a link for the fpv sender that I have used.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8-GHZ-WIR...LTIROTOR-UK-/261885166468?txnId=1654132485016
ok awesome I'll defiantly look into that however about a receiver would I be better to buy the corresponding receiver and then an extra monitor and then batteries to power both or just a monitor with a built in receiver and battery?? I'm not quite sure which one is better but since your be fpv hero I reckon you can give me some help! thanks a lot

ok awesome I'll defiantly look into that however about a receiver would I be better to buy the corresponding receiver and then an extra monitor and then batteries to power both or just a monitor with a built in receiver and battery?? I'm not quite sure which one is better but since your be fpv hero I reckon you can give me some help! thanks a lot

Yo I will help you man ... I know the feeling I had to ask 10 people but I wish there was just one at the start lol. I just purchased a 5.8ghz screen with a built in receiver see the link below. The batteries don't come with it but there only about £10 on eBay for 2. I use a converter also from eBay to charge the battery which can be connected to your charger that you use for your phantom. I would suggest an antenna upgrade as the stock ones don't have great distance.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skyzone-RC7...LCD-Monitor-/281699159857?txnId=1399620678018
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438689302.604273.jpg

What frequency and channel are you running on?
I'm setting up my fpv with TS5822 TX and Diversity monitor with built-in receiver and battery.
My video feed is good until I turn on my controller, then broken picture.
My controller is 2.4 with a 1.1.1 P330.

What frequency and channel are you running on?
I'm setting up my fpv with TS5822 TX and Diversity monitor with built-in receiver and battery.
My video feed is good until I turn on my controller, then broken picture.
My controller is 2.4 with a 1.1.1 P330.

What frequency is your controller? Check the back of it theres a silver sticker with the frequency on it.

I did, it says 2.4.

Sorry man I didn't see that... Do you have the standard antennas on your receiver/screen I had a similar problem were I could still see the fpv but it would go fuzzy now and again so I changed the antennas.. I got clover antennas from eBay it works fine now but I don't get great range from them.. I think one of the guys on this post mentioned some others that are supposed to get some decent range so that's were I'm going next

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie