I Knew Zero AND Now I'm The FPV HERO!

Reaction score
So guys I've got from knowing nothing about phantoms to a full telemetry and FPV set up on my new phantom in just over two months thanks to the help form this forum, thanks though everyone I annoyed :) with a few errors on the way I think she's come out nice! Just waiting for my new 10" screen to arrive. If anyone needs any pointers I will return the favour. Cheers Jimmy

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436902164.146251.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436902182.103932.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436902195.484639.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436902212.437679.jpg

You're welcome!

Gotta love the happy endings. Good for you Jimmy...:) now lets see some video :D:D:D

Yo! Please see attached what I put inside my FC40 NAZA PMU V2 and the IOSD mini which gives you the telemetry video in and output for for your fpv transmitter.. I had soldered wires from my go pro 3 to the iosd mini then a video feed out from the mini to my boscam 5.8ghz transmitter which then sends the signal down to my screen with on screen telemetry I can send you a list of what you need to purchase to do this I can also guide you on how to get it all working. I also have my camera set on a 2d gimbal which can be pitched up and down from my phantom controller whilst flying to boost the video signal feed I used clover and coil antennas which should go be you a range of a few miles not that I'm going that far lol
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437494840.588402.jpg

Reactions: sohail99
Yo! Please see attached what I put inside my FC40 NAZA PMU V2 and the IOSD mini which gives you the telemetry video in and output for for your fpv transmitter.. I had soldered wires from my go pro 3 to the iosd mini then a video feed out from the mini to my boscam 5.8ghz transmitter which then sends the signal down to my screen with on screen telemetry I can send you a list of what you need to purchase to do this I can also guide you on how to get it all working. I also have my camera set on a 2d gimbal which can be pitched up and down from my phantom controller whilst flying to boost the video signal feed I used clover and coil antennas which should go be you a range of a few miles not that I'm going that far lol View attachment 25437
Are you using the stock FC40 radio and receiver? If your FC40 uses a 5.8 ghz transmitter and you use 5.8 ghz for your fpv, it will cause control problems.
On my FC40 with the 5.8 radio ,I used a 2.4 ghz fpv transmitter.

Right now I have a P1 v1.1.1

I'm not really looking for FPV with this one. Just telemetry

What are you referring to as "Telemetry"?

Perhaps you should search, or post a thread in the P1 forum, instead of inquiring here. It just creates confusion because of the conflicting frequencies.

Did you have any more thoughts on the other question I asked you ?

I'm not sure who your question is directed to. It really helps to hit the "Reply" button when you want someone to know you are directing your post to them.

If you are asking me, I have no idea to which question you are referring.

No it's 2.4ghz
That's good,as long as you don't use the same frequency for your fpv transmitter as the Phantom's you will be good. I saw your parts list above with the Boscam 5.8 ghz transmitter.
I had about the same setup on my FC40, but mine had the 5.8 ghz radio ,so I had to find a 2.4 transmitter. I built a F550 and moved everything to it.
I thought all FC40's used 5.8 ghz.
Wayne

Wayne. I thought the same thing hence my dilemma, I purchased the phantom a few months a go .. I purchased it new and it was sent with the fc40 camera I'm beginning to think it's a phantom 1 but for some reason they are selling it with the fc40 camera.. Obviously if this is correct the company I purchased it off should not be doing this as the controller is also 2.4ghz I could have lost signal and crashed it. I have sent them an informative email. Do you know if the p1 has the NAZA v2 in it ? As mine does cheers James

That's good,as long as you don't use the same frequency for your fpv transmitter as the Phantom's you will be good. I saw your parts list above with the Boscam 5.8 ghz transmitter.
I had about the same setup on my FC40, but mine had the 5.8 ghz radio ,so I had to find a 2.4 transmitter. I built a F550 and moved everything to it.
I thought all FC40's used 5.8 ghz.
Wayne
Message above

I'm just trying to figure out what I've purchased .. Can't send it back now as I've modded it to death lol

Message above

I'm just trying to figure out what I've purchased .. Can't send it back now as I've modded it to death lol
Look on the back of your RC radio ,it tells you what the frequency is . Mine is 5.8 ghz.
The FC40 stock camera uses 2.4 ghz for the wifi. I would think you have a 5.8 radio system.
Wayne

Yeah that's the problem the controller has 2.4ghz on the back of it that's why I ran in to problems when I hooked up the 2.4ghz transmitter

Look on the back of your RC radio ,it tells you what the frequency is . Mine is 5.8 ghz.
The FC40 stock camera uses 2.4 ghz for the wifi. I would think you have a 5.8 radio system.
Wayne

Yeah that's the problem the controller has 2.4ghz on the back of it that's why I ran in to problems when I hooked up the 2.4ghz transmitter.

I've not got a clue why the company is selling it as an fc40 and sending the fc40 camera with it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl