I keep seeing my left motor

Reaction score
When I'm flying,I keep seeing my left motor,,it's the phantom 3 pro????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

W
Hen I'm flying,I keep seeing my left motor,,it's the phantom 3 pro????

I have found that if the wind is blowing from the side, the quad tends to 'dip' a shoulder into the wind to fight the breeze and the corresponding motor or prop shows up in the display.

Reactions: snowghost
There was no wind,,it's been doing it a couple of times now

Your gimbal is off. Look at your horizon line. Calibrate the gimbal and it will (mostly) go away.

I'm quite sure this is normal, I just drop down the gimbal slightly to avoid this from ruining a good video.

Looking at the horizon in your camera view your aircraft has a serious roll issue either on the gimbal roll axis or the aircraft's idea of level. It also appears your camera might be yawed to the left a bit. Was it extremely windy during this flight?

When powered on sitting on a level surface is the camera level or rolled to the right (looking from the rear). Is the horizon level in the camera view? Is the camera facing straight ahead or yawed to one side or the other?

Try an IMU calibration followed by a gimbal auto-calibration while sitting on a level surface. If the camera is still rolled to one side or the other after this procedure apply the manual roll adjustment necessary to achieve a level view.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Ok dirty bird,I'll try that imu calibration then the gimbal auto calibration,,,what's manual roll adjustment your on about,,I've never Heard of that,,cheers

It is in the gimbal settings portion of the Go app where you find the gimbal auto-calibration.. You will see a place to manually apply a roll adjustment to the gimbal if it isn't sitting level.

Ok dirty bird,I'll try that imu calibration then the gimbal auto calibration,,,what's manual roll adjustment your on about,,I've never Heard of that,,cheers

I'm only a newbie with these units - however I noticed on my own tablet that any fast acceleration or braking, I see the props for a split second, (like it looked on your vid between :07 - 0:11 where the shot looks like you increased speed and the Phantom dips). I make sure I do gradual increases as to acceleration to avoid this - and as I read here on other posts that is better for battery life anyway!

For certain like the more seasoned guys say (Dirty Bird) adjustments/calibration etc are required after viewing the horizon angle (info from all these guys is so great to have).

You will see the props on occasion if you are accelerating or braking. In the OP's video, you can see mostly the left prop and you can see that the horizon is nowhere near straight. That can be fixed.

After you get the IMU and Gimbal calibrated, remember to pan the camera down about 15 degrees so you still see horizon, but eliminate half of the sky when in the full up position. If you can remember to ALWAYS pan down a little, you won't see any props in the video.

This is when a default setting for camera angle would be handy to have in the s/w. I always forget to pan down a little to avoid prop flash. When I see it I say to myself...... "darn it!". I forgot to pan down a little.

HEY DJI, help us out! Give us a self adjustable default setting for camera angle. Sorry for my whining. :tearsofjoy:

After you get the IMU and Gimbal calibrated, remember to pan the camera down about 15 degrees so you still see horizon, but eliminate half of the sky when in the full up position. If you can remember to ALWAYS pan down a little, you won't see any props in the video.

This is when a default setting for camera angle would be handy to have in the s/w. I always forget to pan down a little to avoid prop flash. When I see it I say to myself...... "darn it!". I forgot to pan down a little.

HEY DJI, help us out! Give us a self adjustable default setting for camera angle. Sorry for my whining. :tearsofjoy:

Pretty much what i asked for DJI Forum|Camera forward/down, go there and make noise, maybe we get it someday.

Reactions: burma419

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers