I just S*** my pants. I almost lost her.

Reaction score
So it's 2am right now and I figured I'd fly her out she was at 100% and I didn't want the battery to be that high before I went to sleep so I went out to test out my new windsurfer for my standard controller. So I pushed her out 3000ft at a height of 250ft. Lost signal shortly after 3000ft the fail safe worked!! Yay! It came back just fine I saw that the aircraft was landing canceled the RTH feature and decided to go out one more time to test the limits! So I lifted her to 400ft and was off on my adventure I pushed the aircraft to 3600ft and lost signal I'm thinking okay awesome it's going to come back and I'm going to bed think again I waited 4mins and still no return I Hop in my car and I'm cranking on the gas to regain signal! I regain the signal and then... The failsafe kicked in! After I regained the signal! I turned it off and manually landed it about .75 miles away from my house and said a thank you prayer!!! can someone help me understand why the failsafe didn't kick in the second time?

I'm guessing the second time you lost video signal & not control signal so she was just hovering waiting for your controller input. RTH works very well. I've used it hundreds of times. Glad you were able to bring her home safely! :)

So it's 2am right now and I figured I'd fly her out she was at 100% and I didn't want the battery to be that high before I went to sleep so I went out to test out my new windsurfer for my standard controller. So I pushed her out 3000ft at a height of 250ft. Lost signal shortly after 3000ft the fail safe worked!! Yay! It came back just fine I saw that the aircraft was landing canceled the RTH feature and decided to go out one more time to test the limits! So I lifted her to 400ft and was off on my adventure I pushed the aircraft to 3600ft and lost signal I'm thinking okay awesome it's going to come back and I'm going to bed think again I waited 4mins and still no return I Hop in my car and I'm cranking on the gas to regain signal! I regain the signal and then... The failsafe kicked in! After I regained the signal! I turned it off and manually landed it about .75 miles away from my house and said a thank you prayer!!! can someone help me understand why the failsafe didn't kick in the second time?

Reactions: Petros5678
Did you lose RC signal or the Video feed? Did you assume you lose the RC signal because the video was out?

I guess in the future, when in doubt, manually activate RTH just in case anyway. Or turn off the controller to be sure. :D

So do you think if i would have just waited eventually the battery would have ran low and it still would have returned home safely?

Okay so I think yawnalot was correct I lost the video feed thinking the RC connection was gone also so it was just hovering until I got in my car and let it do its thing until I got the video feed back! Thank goodness!

Did your put the windsurfer on the video antenna too. If not that would explain the loss of video and not losing the controller signal. If you boost one the other needs it too.

Did you lose RC signal or the Video feed? Did you assume you lose the RC signal because the video was out?

I guess in the future, when in doubt, manually activate RTH just in case anyway. Or turn off the controller to be sure. :D

This always happened to me with my DBS mod P3S. I eventually realized that I needed to manually trigger the RTH every time.

I always push the RTH button to be sure. Can't stand waiting to see if something is going to happen.
It sure is nice when you first hear it and know it's coming back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj