I just had a thought :)

Reaction score
Dangerous I know but people with a Gopro are told/suggested not to use the wifi remote to control it with.
That's fine but how many people have the wifi on on their phone when they fly?
Isn't that potentially causing the same problem?
It's the same range of frequencies as the Gopro remote,surely?
Okay I cant imagine a mobile phone wifi signal having huge distance but is there not the possibility it is screwing something up with the Phantom right from the outset?

smallman28 said:
Dangerous I know but people with a Gopro are told/suggested not to use the wifi remote to control it with.
That's fine but how many people have the wifi on on their phone when they fly?
Isn't that potentially causing the same problem?
It's the same range of frequencies as the Gopro remote,surely?
Okay I cant imagine a mobile phone wifi signal having huge distance but is there not the possibility it is screwing something up with the Phantom right from the outset?

unless you are hotspotting the phone, your phone is not GENERATING a wifi signal, it is merely receiving.
When you turn the wifi on the gopro, it is creating and broadcasting (IS generating) a wifi signal right there inches from the receiving antennas of the Phantom.

the problem, theoretically, is that as you fly further away from the Remote Control, eventually that wifi signal being generated from the gopro basically onboard the phantom, will overwhelm the signal from the remote control and you will lose control.

Your phone basically in your pocket just looking for wifi networks to receive will not cause any such problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl