I just flew 2kms WOW!!

Reaction score
This might seem like little to nothing for many on this forum but its huge for a former AR 2.0 drone owner and a new to Phantom 3 advanced owner!! I have made no changes to anything and its all fully stock and it flew from my home with tons of potentional interference from hills trees power lines etc for 2100 metres with no loss of signal. I stayed at between 100 and 200 metres and seen 0 loss of video signal or RC!! I am totally impressed

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
Nice.

(The 'Tons of Anarchy" shirt is hilarious BTW)

If you got it... flaunt it!

On Sunday I sent my bird out to 2000m and also lost no signals. I felt daring and decided to push it a little further, at 3050m I decided to bring her home as I was afraid that the tail wind pushing me out would cause my bird to struggle on the way back with the battery power I had left. Needless to say she handled it all brilliantly and I was so impressed. I am awaiting my windsurfer from David in a couple of days and cant wait to see what this potential will bring.

I am expecting the DBS Mod tomorrow so I too am anxious to see the possibilities. Sure wish there was a battery mod that works. Really the only thing holding us back now is the battery life

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I originally came from the ar drone world as well so I know how that first 'I can't see my bird!' Flight feels :)

Same here. Really impressed. My third flight was 3 miles along a reservoir and back so totally over water! Loving it

This might seem like little to nothing for many on this forum but its huge for a former AR 2.0 drone owner and a new to Phantom 3 advanced owner!! I have made no changes to anything and its all fully stock and it flew from my home with tons of potentional interference from hills trees power lines etc for 2100 metres with no loss of signal. I stayed at between 100 and 200 metres and seen 0 loss of video signal or RC!! I am totally impressed

Nice job Tony !

I just installed my DBS antenna and I'm looking forward to flying past my personal best of 1.4 miles.

Guys flying in areas with a low RFI floor and good line of sight are flying stock P3's beyond 2 miles.

:harry

My father has a cabin on the edge of the wilderness area and its about 4.5 kms in!! I want to fly in there with the new DBS Mod...... If I am successful I will post

Reactions: StumbleBee
I have just flown a similar distance - in a built up area with loads of "noise". No loss of signal either very very impressed. Getting more confident now - flying over water and not worrying that I can't see the aircraft any more.
The P3 is truly a mean machine!!!

My father has a cabin on the edge of the wilderness area and its about 4.5 kms in!! I want to fly in there with the new DBS Mod...... If I am successful I will post
How will you navigate there if it's all wooded? Is there a path or road for you to follow?

How will you navigate there if it's all wooded? Is there a path or road for you to follow?
I know the area extremely well as I spent every weekend in there into my teens... There is a very large pond in there and just a flick from the head of that pond is another pond and the cabin is right there tucked into the woods. I have looked closely at it with google maps and I am certain I can set make a straight line to it. There is a large hill out close to the road where I will take off from and everything else is a few hundred feet lower I think its doable

I know the area extremely well as I spent every weekend in there into my teens... There is a very large pond in there and just a flick from the head of that pond is another pond and the cabin is right there tucked into the woods. I have looked closely at it with google maps and I am certain I can set make a straight line to it. There is a large hill out close to the road where I will take off from and everything else is a few hundred feet lower I think its doable
Sounds like a fun mission, post back here with your results. Good luck and watch out for mad hawks.

Wow 2km with prop guards? I would have thought you would get better flight times without the extra drag. also they can make ring vortexes worse.
I would only use them flying indoors.

Wow 2km with prop guards? I would have thought you would get better flight times without the extra drag. also they can make ring vortexes worse.
I would only use them flying indoors.
Thanks Wibble I appreciate your comments cause I truely do not know what I am doing at this point. I purchased those from DJI not thinking that they are non removable without taking bolts out. Now I have a nice carrying case that I cannot fit my rig into. I now have a removable set on order so if anyone is interested in this set I will sell them for sure as I will not be using them as soon as the other ones arrive. Really wondered about the drag caused but simply too much screwing around to remove them.... Thanks again for your thoughts as they will not be installed when I truely push the limits

Thx again Wibble!! I have to admit the thought of it kinda pisses me off a little!! Really thought with the expense incurred for this Quadcopter that such things really should not be an issue from regular flights. I can see from a crash or even rough landing but certainly DJI should be creating more durable product then for this to be a concern

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1