I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND DJI !!!!!!

Who would have rather pay an extra $100 on the P3 and have dji have more R&D / QC in manufacturing? I mean, I would have? Dji didn't have to come out with a ridiculously lower price point than the p2+...theu are already cheaper than the solo and this only tarnished their brand superiority. It's exactly why apple charges a premium for their products, most if not all models have performed as described.. People will pay for less "pain". I guess dji pulled an old play from the communist playbook in going cheap and cheaping out on the quality manufacturing and R&D practices that make real brands last. People will pay more for better products. I've personally put in hundreds in aftermarket 3d printed junk and other fixes to make up for their lack of a quality finished product.

Don't get me wrong, I love the p3, I just feel they missed the real target markets desire for a true ready to fly, pain free experience. If that means 1500 for a P3P, then so be it, they would still sell out. #endrant

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do not cry. I spent 3,5 grand on P3P (tons of extra) and could return my investment in 88 flights. P3P is awesome machine. It is so incredible, so I do not want to hear your cry. Cry baby cry, while we making money ;)

My Bottom Line.....

DJI created a huge issue by attempting to fix something that was not broke.

My quad has been grounded since 6/26/ due to 5 issues brought on from the 1.2.6. firmware. This also broke the SDK with in all created apps for the P3 by developers in various areas and industries. *Btw, this only applies to those that updated firmware to 1.2.6. Otherwise they are still able to move forward with SDK app development.

I would like to have just a fraction of monies now spent due to this taking place. Each persons shipping expense for warranty repair, and crashed with complete replacement cost, return shipping....and more.

It's possible hundreds of thousands may have been saved had the previous firmware been renamed to 1.2.9 and sent out the next day or two. But that would have meant the department responsible for all that taken place up to that point would have been like admitting their wrong doing to management. And they of coarse were in fear of losing their jobs.

With that said, I have to say it is rather shocking with the expense part involved, this has been allowed to go on as long as it has.

Last edited:
My Bottom Line.....

DJI created a huge issue by attempting to fix something that was not broke.

My quad has been grounded since 6/26/ due to 5 issues brought on from the 1.2.6. firmware. This also broke the SDK with in all created apps for the P3 by developers in various areas and industries. *Btw, this only applies to those that updated firmware to 1.2.6. Otherwise they are still able to move forward with SDK app development.

I would like to have just a fraction of monies now spent due to this taking place. Each persons shipping expense for warranty repair, and crashed with complete replacement cost, return shipping....and more.

It's possible hundreds of thousands may have been saved had the previous firmware been renamed to 1.2.9 and sent out the next day or two. But that would have meant the department responsible for all that taken place up to that point would have been like admitting their wrong doing to management. And they of coarse were is fear of losing their jobs.

With that said, I will say it is rather shocking with the expense part involved this has been allowed to go on as long as it has.
It is definitely overdue.:(:eek:

Do you think the new firmware will fix the gimbal horizon issue? I sure hope so..

Do not cry. I spent 3,5 grand on P3P (tons of extra) and could return my investment in 88 flights. P3P is awesome machine. It is so incredible, so I do not want to hear your cry. Cry baby cry, while we making money ;)
You didn't get an dji factory problems. Yes, Greta machine if you don't get a dud. But most of us would pay more for a more fine tuned product. I understand they need differentiation btw phantom and inspire, but that doesn't mean they have to cheap out in parts that inhibit normal use.. You know, those things that don't take away from the inspires drastic advantages but make the Phantom a more upper tier product, ie plastic controller mount, durable shell, plastic gimbal arm. All of those things are not going to take away from the inspires superior performance and keep people from buying them, but will keep there entire line of lower tier drones superior to other competitiors. They did do light bridge and equal camera which is nice, but maybe distinguish in a camera quality and make the Phantom premium build or something. Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey look at the fiasco of Apple maps and how long that took them to fix it.... DJI issues are not that bad and I lot of users are not seeing them, the problem is we do not know the statistics of how many sold vs how many with issues.... The people with issues voice themselves, as they should but you cannot assume that everyone has that issue.

Alan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4