I just discovered a cool feature of waypoint in DJI go

Reaction score
As you probably know, the Waypoints feature in DJI Go lets you create a pre-recorded flightpath and then fly it "on autopilot".

It turns out that if you pause a waypoint flight in progress, pushing the right stick forward moves forward in the programmed flight, and pushing the stick backwards moves backwards in your flight. That's very cool, and since you can vary the amount you push the stick forward/backward this gives you the ability to vary you flight speed throughout the flight, anywhere from full speed backwards to full speed forwards through the programmed flight. (In this context I think that "full speed" means max waypoint flight speed, not max Phantom speed, but I haven't been able to confirm this yet.)

I have only been flying for a few weeks now so I have a lot to learn... but flying on a prerecorded flight path is something I'm very interested in doing. Thanks for sharing. I need to look into the waypoint feature.

As you probably know, the Waypoints feature in DJI Go lets you create a pre-recorded flightpath and then fly it "on autopilot".

It turns out that if you pause a waypoint flight in progress, pushing the right stick forward moves forward in the programmed flight, and pushing the stick backwards moves backwards in your flight. That's very cool, and since you can vary the amount you push the stick forward/backward this gives you the ability to vary you flight speed throughout the flight, anywhere from full speed backwards to full speed forwards through the programmed flight. (In this context I think that "full speed" means max waypoint flight speed, not max Phantom speed, but I haven't been able to confirm this yet.)

A question: Am I right in understanding that when you start a prerecorded waypoint flight, you have to choose the camera pointing mode at the beginning and can't change it? That's quite limiting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1