I Just Crashed my Vision Plus, I Need Help

PCB said:
Sorry to hear that, I just added a long quote about how I crashed mine, my question to you is, what did you do after you lost sight so it ended on the ground?
Did you power off or just try to land it?

Always ensure both switches are in the 'up' position before you take off. Not sure why you'd be flying it in what sounds like a confined area (Narrow space between house, phonelines, neighbors, trees etc). As eager as you are to get flying, take the time to take it to a wide open space. A park, anywhere away from obstacles. A crash can be a very expensive mistake!
If you do happen to lose sight of it, push the left stick up for several seconds before turning of the controller to activate RTH function. This way, there's a good chance it is high above any obstacles as the cannot manoeuvre around obstacles on their way back

Mine was pure stupidity and 100% pilot error. I'm a novice pilot flying in a confined area with equipment I haven't tested. My eagerness to fly overwhelmed my good judgment. Now it's going to be a very expensive lesson.

Well if the craft still flies, you can now concentrate on doing that rather than fpv, taking pictures, shooting video. If you've got a go-pro, you could probably get a cheap mount for that if you still wanted to shoot aerials, you'd just have to start and stop recording manually.

I would also invest the $15 or so for prop guards at this point, as well as $25-30 for a Dubro Balancer. I've also used those aftermarket "xoxo" props in the past, I never mixed them with the stock DJI but instead replaced all with the aftermarket and the thing flew very squirrely, especially in gusty winds. The other thing I noticed is that the XOXO's can be terribly balanced out of the box--once I couldn't even get mine off the ground without tipping over until I balanced them. The DJIs are stiffer and seems to be more balanced right off the bat. Whatever the case, if you notice erratic flight behavior, wobbly footage or jello, the first thing I would check is that all of the props are balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.