I just changed the saved name of my P4?

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed and the consensus is that you CAN NOT change the name you assigned your P4. I just switched to iOS and while exploring the differences, I came across a Device Name option that apparently allowed me to change the name. Hmmm. Excellent!

It's a new feature in the latest version of DJI GO. I guess DJI finally got tired of people asking support how to change the name :)

It's a new feature in the latest version of DJI GO. I guess DJI finally got tired of people asking support how to change the name :)

Nice. Did they add it to Android as well?

Does it work for the P3 as well?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where where where? Where is this gift from the godthats enables changing names?

Cheers
Phil

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Where where where?
DJI-GO-Change-Device-Name.jpg

Well...just went in and changed the name of my aircraft, but in the flight records section of the GO app, it still shows the old name. I closed and restarted the app and it made no difference. Has anyone else noticed this? If this doesn't change the name that you originally gave it, what exactly does it do?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well...just went in and changed the name of my aircraft, but in the flight records section of the GO app, it still shows the old name. I closed and restarted the app and it made no difference. Has anyone else noticed this? If this doesn't change the name that you originally gave it, what exactly does it do?

Flight logs under the previous name will remain there however new flights should be recorded with the new name.

Now I learn this! I got a new bird this week that I had to name. I sat there in my office chair for 30min trying to decide on a name, knowing I'll never be able to rename it.

Hallelujah. Finally!

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Update: after I flew, ALL records were updated to reflect the new aircraft name. Yay!

Not fair. Mine didnt :-(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1