I hope someone can help.....what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Took my P3S out for the 1st flight today. I believe I did everything from pre flight check to calibrating the compass correctly. The issue I'm having seems to in the DJI GO app, everything seems to be working fine until I activate the motors. Once I activate the motors the take off icon on the left of the screen automatically turns to the land icon. I cannot use this feature to take off only land. It does say take off at the top where it normally says p-gps but the icon below shows landing and if I push the icon it alerts my about landing. If I pull the left stick all the way back till the motors stop, the icon turns back to take off and if I hit the icon the screen to swipe to take off appears but obviously it wont take off due the motors being off.

What am I doing wrong?

Don't use the CSC to start motors, just press take off. It'll start and hover by itself.

EDIT: It should work as long as everything is functional. If the issue persists, calibrate the IMU on a level surface.

Don't use the CSC to start motors, just press take off. It'll start and hover by itself.

EDIT: It should work as long as everything is functional. If the issue persists, calibrate the IMU on a level surface.
Hmmmmm.....I will have to give it a try again. I did swipe it to the right when the box came up but nothing happened.

Better yet, use manual takeoff. Not difficult, just arm the motors, and gradually pull up to 60-75% throttle. Easy as pie ;)

Better yet, use manual takeoff. Not difficult, just arm the motors, and gradually pull up to 60-75% throttle. Easy as pie ;)
That's what I did to fly today. It's just one of those things that keeps eating at me wondering what I'm doing wrong. lol

As soon as you manually arm the motors the 'auto take off' turns into 'auto land' immediately. It should take off after pushing the button, and then swiping like you said. Any errors showing up? What mode are you in?

As soon as you manually arm the motors the 'auto take off' turns into 'auto land' immediately. It should take off after pushing the button, and then swiping like you said. Any errors showing up? What mode are you in?

I don't get the option to swipe to take off once I manually arm the motors. No errors appear and If I'm thinking correctly about what you mean about what mode am I in.....P-gps mode. Both switches on the corners of the controller are pushed forward

I don't get the option to swipe to take off once I manually arm the motors. No errors appear and If I'm thinking correctly about what you mean about what mode am I in.....P-gps mode. Both switches on the corners of the controller are pushed forward
If you manually start the motors you can not use the auto take off feature.

If you manually start the motors you can not use the auto take off feature.
OK good info. Gonna give it a try again after updating the firmware for the 2nd time in a week. Is this normal to get 2 updates in a week?

As many bad stories as I've heard after using auto takeoff, I never use it.

but....YMMV
I've never used it either. I CSC and then immediately left stick up to gain hover altitude (3-6 feet) Then I hover a bit to ensure all is ok and go from there.

Reactions: NemoHawk
Thank you all for the help. I did finally get it to work. After all that I think I'm just going to be using CSC.

That's because you started the motors. Don't manually start them just hit the Auto-Takeoff & listen for the vroom vroom! ;)

Took my P3S out for the 1st flight today. I believe I did everything from pre flight check to calibrating the compass correctly. The issue I'm having seems to in the DJI GO app, everything seems to be working fine until I activate the motors. Once I activate the motors the take off icon on the left of the screen automatically turns to the land icon. I cannot use this feature to take off only land. It does say take off at the top where it normally says p-gps but the icon below shows landing and if I push the icon it alerts my about landing. If I pull the left stick all the way back till the motors stop, the icon turns back to take off and if I hit the icon the screen to swipe to take off appears but obviously it wont take off due the motors being off.

What am I doing wrong?

never had any problems with auto take off myself..... however, like others said if you dont have the arrow going up, then youve probably armed the motors already by doing CSC... also, if your left stick is all the way down and stuck in the little "lock".. that turns motor off while its on the ground.. the take off wont happen either.

As many bad stories as I've heard after using auto takeoff, I never use it.

but....YMMV
I have done a TON of reading/watching videos ect and have not seen any problems using the auto take off (that wasnt obvious pilot error, most the time bad compass calibration). What stories are you referring to?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj