I hit the Max Height limit! 1654.2 FT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will do what ever they want. Some of us enjoy pushing boundaries and not recklessly, I fly over 400 ft every single time I fly also.
That's great!

Your and everyone else in this thread, including the OP that is supporting this behavior, whether real or fictional is helping to confirm that Children shouldn't have access to UAV's.

The FAA is trying to finalize both recreational and commercial drone legislation and this thread did nothing to help the efforts of responsible operators.

That's great!

Your and everyone else in this thread, including the OP that is supporting this behavior, whether real or fictional is helping to confirm that Children shouldn't have access to UAV's.

The FAA is trying to finalize both recreational and commercial drone legislation and this thread did nothing to help the efforts of responsible operators.
Well we doomed if this thread confirms that along with about 100 thread's just like this one in every subforum we got that I have seen in the last year ! ;)
Just doomed :eek:

Reactions: Julius717
That's great!

Lmao. Dude give me a break. FAA has better **** to do then come on some lame drone forum. Relax and go put your tinfoil hat back on ok ?

Have been here long enough now to know for sure if ya want to get some crap started and bring out all the folks then post about Height, Prop guards or carbon props along with a few other things and then just sit back and watch the crap hit da fan like this ;)
****-storm.gif

Reactions: Ezookiel and bbfpv
You guys are complete idiots..

The FAA advisory us there for a reason..

Planes have people in them. You think you have complete control? There is no redundancy.. What's happens when you take your toy up to 1500 feet and signal is lost, or something goes wrong and it doesn't RTH or worse case scenario it flys away at that altitude? A phantom can take a fixed wing or a rotorcraft down no problem.. If that happens then what are you gonna say?

Traffic pattern Altitude is 1000 feet AGL within the airports airspace Jets at 1200 and Helos lower. I say again you all that think this is acceptable are completely wrong..

With attitudes like this I think mandating a sport or recreational Pilot Liscense for recreational users is a good idea.

The reason why The Model Airplane community hasn't stirred up as much bad press as the Drone Connunity is because they do a good job policing themselves and they respect the Airspace which they fly in.

Last edited:
Have been here long enough now to know for sure if ya want to get some crap started and bring out all the folks then post about Height, Prop guards or carbon props along with a few other things and then just sit back and watch the crap hit da fan like this ;)View attachment 18532

LOL I guess the sky IS falling!

And there aren't twin engine planes out there? No props in front of the windscreen.
Twin aircraft tend to have thicker windscreens. They can handle the extra weight and the thicker windscreen reduces the cabin noise. The prop offers very little bird strike protection because, as I said before, the prop arc is mostly air.

The FAA advisory us there for a reason..

Planes have people in them. You think you have complete control? There is no redundancy.. What's happens when you take your toy up to 1500 feet and signal is lost, or something goes wrong and it doesn't RTH or worse case scenario it flys away at that altitude? A phantom can take a fixed wing or a rotorcraft down no problem.. If that happens then what are gonna say?
o_O Decided to start calling folks name's eh ?
We tend to agree to disagree here sir but we also play nice !
Name calling isn't playing nice o_O

The FAA does not legislate - that's Congress' job. Congress told the FAA to integrate UAVs into the National Airspace. The FAA is formulating the rules to comply with Congress. There are no rules planned for recreational flight other than defining hobby/recreational aircraft in Part 101. This, however, gives the FAA the statutory authority it needs to pursue 91.13 violations.

Ok, I applologise for calling you an idiot..

But, people need to seriously consider what could be at stake if something goes wrong at that altitude and an aircraft with people on it hits the drone.

Some UAVs RTH at the highest altitude they hit that flight.. Just a simple loss of signal and its flying autonomously at that altitude.

But, people need to seriously consider what could be at stake if something goes wrong at that altitude and an aircraft with people on it hits the drone.

Some UAVs RTH at the highest altitude they hit that flight.. Just a simple loss of signal and its flying autonomously at that altitude.
Ahaaa na , you just didn't call me one
And I was just saying :)

The FAA does not legislate - that's Congress' job. Congress told the FAA to integrate UAVs into the National Airspace. The FAA is formulating the rules to comply with Congress. There are no rules planned for recreational flight other than defining hobby/recreational aircraft in Part 101. This, however, gives the FAA the statutory authority it needs to pursue 91.13 violations.
Ahaaa na , you just didn't call me one And I was just saying :)
Then I apologize to everyone.. I am sorry.

Reactions: dirkclod

You're right, people DO need consider what could be at stake. That is the personal responsibility I've talked about similar to gun ownership. Some places, I pesonally deem not optimal. I have a statutory legal right to concealed carry in ANY non prohibited bldg or venue. Doesn't mean I should and I don't just because I can. Some places, I personally deem not optimal but it's personal choice. However, we just can't assume that everyone who doesn't follow someone else's suggestions has a blatant, stupid, idiotic disregard for the welfare of others.

Actually Steve, you're not 100% correct. I have seen (I was co-pilot) a bird strike take down a UH1-H from a damaged tail-rotor, not crashed but a forced landing due to serious vibration (precautionary) 40 miles out of Waco. In another case an A4D sucked a bird, broke a compressor blade and forced a shutdown. The compressor blades of a turbo-fan jet are finely balanced, and a bent or broken blade can cause a catastrophic failure. I do agree with you that a turbo-prop driven aircraft is unlikely to suffer from a prop strike, but the cockpit screen is another matter, besides giving the pilot a heart attack there is danger of debris entering the aircraft. Besides, if I was flying an aircraft at 1500' and was hit by a quad, that pilot, if identified, would be in line for some serious behavior modification thru pain association. You will have to admit there have been some very stupid postings on youtube, people doing some crazy things just for bragging rights. The guy who was bumping into buildings in NYC, the one who flew his quad over the runway here in CA, the guy chasing big horn sheep in a national park, and on and on. These kinds of boastful postings can only prove to the FAA that we are not responsible pilots, but just a bunch of unruly kid's, out for some fun regardless of the consequences, thus giving them a mandate for further restrictions. I also have never flown over 400' AGL, mainly because we have a high density of small craft in my area due to several General Aviation airfields close by, and the other is there is just not that much interesting to see from that height with the P3 camera.
The subject is small prop airplanes. Yes, there will always be idiots and there will always be those who don't know the rules.
The FAA is separating the commercial drone operator from the hobby fliers. There will be few, if any, violations by drones operating under Part 107 rules. The FAA is specifically directed to not make new rules regarding the flight of Model aircraft, and they aren't. But when one of them do cause a serious accident then Congress will likely change their mind about hobby flight.

Ironically, while the FAA is not making new rules for hobby flight, the congressional directive inadvertently does.

One of the problems w this forum is there's no real "obvious" way to distinguish true veteran contributors to this site. With the influx of new operators, especially now, anyone who had community respect with previous quad(s) forums are meaningless. Frank, Steve, Dirk, et al advice is viewed the same as some teenager's with a laptop. Wish it were more obvious. And in this world it takes too much effort to click on someone's profile and see what they're actually contributing.

Last edited:
All I wanted to post was I hit the limit for height. I didn't expect this to get out of hand. I really want to thank everyone for the reply's. If I was anywhere near a major city such as L.A or NY I would have never have done this. As you can clearly see from my video this isn't the case. While it was a blast I don't push the limit every time I go up. 95% of my flights don't go above 200 feet. That does leave that 5% that I do go over 200 feet. Like I said I see everyone's point and im not reckless when I fly. I guess when Im on the highway with the top off on my vette and I have the cruise set at 75MPH when the speed limit is 70 is that considered reckless? I think allot more can go wrong on the ground IMHO. I could be completely wrong but that's how I feel.

Reactions: Ezookiel
You've said that twice now. I have never called anyone names on this site
Maybe not directly, but by implication: "If you wonder why DJI has to idiot proof the Phantom with flight restrictions, here it is."

DJI is only covering their corporate *** with built-in flight restrictions. If someone flew a Phantom into a jet landing at JFK, it would be difficult to include DJI in the lawsuits.

You're right, people DO need consider what could be at stake. That is the personal responsibility I've talked about similar to gun ownership. Some places, I pesonally deem not optimal. I have a statutory legal right to concealed carry in ANY non prohibited bldg or venue. Doesn't mean I should and I don't just because I can. Some places, I personally deem not optimal but it's personal choice. However, we just can't assume that everyone who doesn't follow someone else's suggestions has a blatant, stupid, idiotic disregard for the welfare of others.
True.. And I apologized, it was wrong both calling people Idiots and making such a blanketed statement.

There is a reason why it requires such a a commitment to obtain a ppl. With it comes a lot of responsibility and more importantly mandates good decision making. When I bought my Phantom, I was absolutely stunned that these vehicles were available to the public, considering the potential danger they could pose if not operated responsibly.

Reactions: manofword
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers