I hit the Max Height limit! 1654.2 FT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion there shouldn't be a height limit in the app. There are no laws or regulations on the books today limiting height, at least not in the US. If there were then that's another story and by all means throw whatever that limit is in as the max height.

It's weird that DJi picked 500m to begin with. You would think they would have gone with the 400ft limit instead as this is the guideline, not law, in the US. I believe that same guideline says to maintain Line of Sight yet there isn't a hard max distance limit at all.

Take the limit out and then put it back in if something becomes law. I would be the first to update my firmware to stay within the legal limit.
Yes, 400ft in U.S. You obviously don't have one because when you change the max height it gives you a 400ft warning.

I was feeling really good today and decided to go for it! I was 30 feet away and took it straight up as high as it would go. It got to 1654.2 feet and then I got a message saying the the max altitude was reached and to change it in the settings. It got up there rather quickly going 11 MPH. It still had 91% battery left when it reached the limit. I hovered for a couple minutes then hit my RTH button and down she came! I kind of wish that 500m limit wasn't there. It was nice to see things from that POV. in the video I can see my dads house and that is over 5 miles away!. I am uploading the video now and will post the link as soon as its done. Its completely unedited so nothing special.

I had mine at the exact same height for my first fligh. It was amazing. I can understand the limitations due to planes but in my city our airport is at least 10 miles away. Actually it looks like Google maps at that height.

All good till someone takes out a plane. Then dji will put a 50 foot restriction in place. How long did it take to descend to the ground from up there?

500m is pretty **** high though. When it gets up there for me, I get weak signal warnings.

All good till someone takes out a plane. Then dji will put a 50 foot restriction in place. How long did it take to descend to the ground from up there?
I live directly under a regular flight path for planes landing at Atlanta Heartsfield Airport (busiest in the world). 500m isn't going to hit the jet, but if it did, I'd be more worried about a $1400 loss than something happening to that jet.

You did the first thing I did, there was no better feeling that you are in control and going high.

Then I came here :)

Seems it wasn't the done thing to do, so I don't ((((mostly, but I'd never say out loud))))
Something about being a boy that never goes and better not.

I actually had good FPV but my tablet was beeping weak signal errors every few seconds. (I have it paired to a samsung tab S 8.4") I didn't do a video from that height but I took a photo.

Attachments

• DJI_.JPG20150502.jpg
    DJI_.JPG20150502.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 515
Reactions: Skyy and Julius717
The limit may be a calculation of the ascent time, plus the descent time and then a bit of safety margin to make sure you don't fly so high that you won't have enough battery to descent and land safely.

Ianwood, I like you and have learned from you, but please stop with calling people names if they break your rules.

Wasn't the last proposal (not made into law) a 500ft limit and line of sight requirement for pilot / observer by naked eye?

oh-boy-jpg.18500

Reactions: dirkclod
I actually had good FPV but my tablet was beeping weak signal errors every few seconds. (I have it paired to a samsung tab S 8.4") I didn't do a video from that height but I took a photo.

That looks like Dallas / Fort Worth. No air traffic there... All planes are grounded and cancelled because its blowing 10 mph and a bolt of lightening struck 4 hours ago.

From what I can tell is this forum is filled with uninformed, speculation, & random crap. No one can really trust any posts. It's like people are making stuff up. People are making posts about how to get the iOS app work without any substance. People are saying the app will happen in the next 4 weeks? There are trolls/idiots so no one knows for sure. I will tell you right now there is no magic bullet. There is no iOS app. There is an Android app that works and that's it. You need to activate your drone before first flight and it doesn't always come up on the app. You need to activate while on wifi. I'm learning so much but I have to sift through the messages and then it's trial and error. Most of what is on the forum is ********.

Reactions: sergekouper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20