I hit the Max Height limit! 1654.2 FT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, you are horribly ignorant on aircraft approaching and departing. You are so arrogant as to think you know you'll hear or see every aircraft. You won't. Have you ever had a UH-60 approach you when you are upwind and the helicopter is at just 200'? You won't hear it until it's right on top of you. And a Blackhawk is MUCH louder than most fixed wing aircraft.

This guy shows this very well.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/too-close-for-comfort.48619/

Please try to understand why there are guidelines in place. And if you refuse to do that, then go for it. Someone like you will take all the freedoms we now enjoy out of this hobby IMO. But then, I have a VERY personal set of experiences in aviation. So if my opinions on this topic are simply thrown away so YOU can have YOUR fun, I won't be surprised. SMFH.

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

There are speed limits all over the country too. Car companies should GPS limit your cars speed to exactly what the posted limit is in your area.

They dont do that.

Why?

Because we're a free society. We can disagree, we can break laws and we can make poor decisions. Some laws are stupid and ill conceived and serve to protect no one but you from yourself. People break them every single day. Seatbelts come to mind, marijuana use another. Then there are laws that are in place for GOOD reason (generally accepted as good reason)... murder, grand theft, etc. For the most part, people DO NOT commit these crimes.

Bottom line is, we'll all disagree on what's safe and what isn't. I think flying over 400ft anywhere except near an airport is harmless. Unless you're near an airport, anything flything this low, you'll hear it and can GTF out of the way. You'll hear it WAY in advance. just get out of the sky. Real simple. If, if, if and if again, yeah, I SUPPOSE you COULD hit something, then if, if, if and if again... c'mon guys. Talking on your cellphone while driving or even changing the radio station poses more of risk to people than this does.

But, I digress. My point is, there should NOT be limits, regardless of laws. We're a FREE society FREE to make our own decisions.. good or bad. We as individuals make our own decisions.. good or bad or otherwise.

Now go fly your drone to 1650ft, or to 400ft. Go text and drive, drink and drive, do whatever you want. I may disagree, I may be disgusted or I may say meh, no harm in that. Do whatever you want. know the risks, know the consequences and live and let live.

I don't like drunk drivers. I HATE THEM. Do I want breathalyzers put in every car in America, NFW. STOP trying to control people. you went to 1650 ft. Good for you. It's cool as hell, I know. What an amazing piece of technology.... and that should be the end of that. armchair cops and FAA "agents" leave people alone. If you had any authority, you wouldn't be posting trying to scare people. You disagree, great. I disagree with you too so how about we just stop commenting unless we have something nice to say, huh?

I'm ALL about less government and less intrusion on my damned life.
Says the man who wants the forum moderators to police users to meet HIS standards.

I never encouraged flying high or way beyond LOS - I simply point out that there are no FAA rules that say you can't. Stop making up nonexistent rules and expecting the forum moderators to enforce them.

Says the man who wants the forum moderators to police users to meet HIS standards.

I never encouraged flying high or way beyond LOS - I simply point out that there are no FAA rules that say you can't. Stop making up nonexistent rules and expecting the forum moderators to enforce them.

I guess I need to write this slower so you "get it".

I didn't set the recommended guidelines for height. I have not once set ANY rules for anyone. Just asked that the limited guidelines we've been given be followed so that such RULES aren't FORCED upon us.

I also didn't call for the "policing" of forum users as you so vehemently insist on regurgitating time and again. You have no idea what I meant by my comment so you make assumptions. You've not the ability to comprehend what I've written about this, you just react with emotion and your own personal insistence that YOU have every right to be an irresponsible person. You defend the irresponsible and by doing so, include yourself among them.

You can stand upon fine lines. The only problem with fine lines is they are the first to cause you to fall to one side or the other. I prefer to fall on the side that allows me the most freedom with the least amount of federal regulation.

I don't know why I keep replying to you. You will NEVER get it. You're "entitled" and that's all you care about. Not caring that your actions, or those of others in the same hobby, will be to the detriment of everyone. As long as you get your little way.

Reactions: Canadian
I also didn't call for the "policing" of forum users as you so vehemently insist on regurgitating time and again. You have no idea what I meant by my comment so you make assumptions.

Just to keep things honest, yes you did. You asked when a moderator would act upon people who posted their action in violation of suggest FAA guidelines. You can deny this is what you meant all you want... but it's obvious that this is what you posted.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just to keep things honest, yes you did. You asked when a moderator would act upon people who posted their action in violation of suggest FAA guidelines. You can deny this is what you meant all you want... but it's obvious that this is what you posted.

My intent was to get the admin team to start telling people that posting bragging type threads will do nothing but hurt our hobby. Not demanding they not do so, but trying to get people to realize the damage they do to this hobby when they do. Had my intent been to ask the admin team to outright limit such posts, I would have DIRECTLY asked them to do so.

There is a HUGE difference between demanding the post be removed or, removing them period, and enticing people to think beyond their own ego.

Seems like a few people here need to realize that simple lesson themselves.

OK. GSSP is now banned. Everybody watch their language. Do not engage in insults and arguments or you will get points as well.

And I am very happy to say that since this thread has again descended into chaos, it is now OVER!!!!! Closed! Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik