I have very unstable PH3A and finally found out why

Reaction score
I thought it was an issue with the latest firmware. I tried everything and I mean everything to get it stable. Then on the last test flight it revealed itself. Finding no issues with settings that helped I looked for stress cracks and found none until now. Looking for answers on stability many mentioned stress cracks. They were showing up under the motor mounts around the screws. Mine crack is on top of the motor. It finally opened up enough to see it. You can literately move the motor back and forth now ever so slightly. Yes, this would definitively cause stability issues.

My PH3A has never crashed. So my question is this. I had set up a return for a repair before I found the cracks but have not shipped it yet. I will include a note of my new findings on the crack. Since these cracks are from stress but not were everyone else seemed to get them, will they find a way to charge me for a new body? In other words not honor the 1 year warranty?

Anyone else have any experience with this type of situation? I would like a second DJI drone for down time with the first but thinking of waiting to see how they honor the warranty before I order another.

Tell them the noticed problems very clearly else they will miss the hidden cracks and will just calibrate your P3 and return back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a second one also but it rarely gets used because my P3A continues to fly perfect and it's been 14 months now. You should either modify the ticket by adding this to your original return ticket or call them and then start a new one that includes everything. They will replace the body with no question at no charge to you as long as it hasn't been crashed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers