I have questions

Reaction score
1. At what point does altitude get zeroed into the uav/controller?
I fly over water a lot, many times out of sight of the uav. Many times I'm trying to get as close to the water as I can. I know the risk.
I try to make my RTH as close to shore as possible, but allow room for errors in the landing, but does that effect altitude settings?
2. Should I disable ground sensors to avoid the uav seeing waves?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Your "0" altitude is set at your takeoff point. But keep in mind altitude accuracy could be described as poor. Try hovering at what the sensor says is 10', then go do your flight and when your about done, bring it back and hover at an indicated 10' again. It'll be a lot different.

I have no experience with the bottom sensors but know they don't "see" anything above a few feet.

SB

All altitudes reported are related to the take off point (usually the home point). The barometric sensor basically doesn't care what you are flying over. So unless you took off from the water or know how high above the water your take off was, you really don't know how close the water is! The manual warns that flying over water can confuse the VPS. Even if it doesn't, the VPS doesn't report altitude, just aids in maintaining stable height.

Your "0" altitude is set at your takeoff point. But keep in mind altitude accuracy could be described as poor. Try hovering at what the sensor says is 10', then go do your flight and when your about done, bring it back and hover at an indicated 10' again. It'll be a lot different.

SB

Ain't that the truth! Mine can show 0 feet on takeoff, and be 50 feet different on landing 20 minutes later.

I never really pay too much attention to what the height indicator is saying as I am watching the drone I can see where it is

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20