I have no idea what I am doing.

Reaction score
This is my 3rd video I am just flying around with no plan could you guys tell me the good points of my video and the bad(boring) and what else I could be shooting. Any comments will help.
Also video quality tips.
My video setting are:
4K 4096x2160 24 FPS
ND16 Filter
All other settings are auto

Lots of people use pretty similar cinematic routines. Some I see regularly are

Pick a point of interest. Say a peak of a mountain. Fly pretty far away from it . Then pick a point on the peak and fly directly towards it without any yaw. As if you were going to fly directly into that point.

Get close but not too close.

Now you have 2 video segments. One moving forward and one (through the use of a video editor in post processing) to fly in reverse and away from that point.

Then fly directly over the point of interest and create a point that will be used for the orbit function. Set your radius to a circle of between 75 and 200 hundred feet and fly the orbit while yawing to keep the point of interest centered in shot. Direction of travel does not matter as this too can be altered in post processing.

Also remember that of all the footage that you take lots of it is not used . Turns for example are typically loped off in post and quick cuts are used between straight segments of flying.

Don't use any type of slow transitions (wipes, dissolves, etc) between the segments and people have become so accustomed to fast cuts to maintain pace that it tends to bother the viewer.

Its the careful editing that brings great clips together.

I'm not a big fan of special effects between clips. Lots of them take away from the shots. However I find your video to be pretty spectacular. I love your mountains. Maybe it's because I live in the desert and I'm surrounded with sand where you seem to be surrounded by beautiful ice.

Thanks Bdog I get what your talking about with the flyby I'll give it a try.
Also thanks to both Bdog and Gman I'll cut out the effects between clips.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One can also use AutoPilot Autopilot - Autoflight Logic for Apple devices and it will allow one to plan missions with waypoints , points of interest, motion tracking , etc.

Its very extensive and is used instead of the DJI Go app. Most Open the DJI Go app and make sure their basic settings are correct and everything is functioning well. Then closing the DJI Go app and launching AutoPilot.

Yes I downloaded autopilot and tried it out and for some reason I don't feel confident with it not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr