I have my Phantom 3 Pro registered. Whats the next step to start making money?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Pro. I've had it for almost a year now. Been making money from it. Recently got it registered. Whats the next step? 333 exempt? Write a letter, from what the FAA website says? What luck have you guys had. Do you need any proof of business or anything I need to know before I request an exempt. I already been making plenty of money from it never got bothered, threatened or warned yet. I just feel like being on the safe side now

I have a Phantom 3 Pro. I've had it for almost a year now. Been making money from it. Recently got it registered. Whats the next step? 333 exempt? Write a letter, from what the FAA website says? What luck have you guys had. Do you need any proof of business or anything I need to know before I request an exempt. I already been making plenty of money from it never got bothered, threatened or warned yet. I just feel like being on the safe side now
You can't be serious. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Assuming you're in the US, you need a 333 exemption and a pilot license. The FAA is working on new rules which will eliminate the 333 exemption process for most people. You'll still be required to have a pilot license, but it'll be a new type of license that is more easily obtainable since it will not require flying a manned aircraft. Those new rules could be out as early as this Spring. We'll have to sit back and wait to see if the FAA really gets them out then though.

Currently, if no pilots license was required the FAA would be over run by applications... and that is certain to happen when the new commercial use rules come out if they make it "easy". If anyone has been around long enough to remember RECAPA Remote Control Aerial Platform Association we've been waiting about 10 years for this process to come to fruition....

and that is certain to happen when the new commercial use rules come out if they make it "easy"
Fortunately for the FAA, it's going to be so easy that most people will not need to get a 333 exemption. They will surely be thankful once the new rules are out.

Fortunately for the FAA, it's going to be so easy that most people will not need to get a 333 exemption. They will surely be thankful once the new rules are out.
caveman.jpg~original

I am very hopeful... and as mentioned, been waiting a long time for this aspect...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20