I have for red lights on wont fly

Reaction score
Hello , glad I found this form so hopefully somebody can help me out ? I have all 4 red lights up when I turn the machine on it flashes yellow really fast and then they all go to red lights non flashing and it won't fly .. ...anyone seen this before Thanx

Fast yellow is RC connection lost and solid red is critical error. Is this craft new? have you done any updates? did you calibrate IMU and compass? If you flew last time over 100 miles from where you are now your compass may need recalibration.

Reactions: BlicDroid
The P4 also contained a card with error codes from the flashing lights. Or at least it's in the online manual. I'd also recommend reviewing the entire online manual before flying.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Fast yellow is RC connection lost and solid red is critical error. Is this craft new? have you done any updates? did you calibrate IMU and compass? If you flew last time over 100 miles from where you are now your compass may need recalibration.
Thanks for answering back ! The only thing that happend was I hit some tree leaves and my battery fell out with got water in it ..but none in drone ..I got a new battery yes it is new drone and no haven't flown over 100 miles I called the support line they said I need to update firm ware because I had 2 update triangles at top of screen ...it I did recalibrate but still got red after turning on drone again ..camera and everything works humm ..

If a battery needs updating, you will get a message saying "inconsistent firmware", wait for the option to update and a slider will appear.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: P4 Phlyer
If a battery needs updating, you will get a message saying "inconsistent firmware", wait for the option to update and a slider will appear.

yep, you have to have the battery in your craft. keep the props off for safety turn on your craft, start GO skip the add and do not click camera, your update message should show up soon, click update and this should not take very long to update.

Reactions: Nickophantom4
yep, you have to have the battery in your craft. keep the props off for safety turn on your craft, start GO skip the add and do not click camera, your update message should show up soon, click update and this should not take very long to update.
Thanks guys I think I have did all what we talked about all errors cleared I did update battery I have been trying to fix this for the last four days I'm thinking I will have to send it in to repair shop that can look at what is it doing ..but from reading some of these post I'm just glad I have it to send it in to somewhere to get fixed ..

Thanks guys I think I have did all what we talked about all errors cleared I did update battery I have been trying to fix this for the last four days I'm thinking I will have to send it in to repair shop that can look at what is it doing ..but from reading some of these post I'm just glad I have it to send it in to somewhere to get fixed ..

Uhhh..I am confused. Did you fix it or are you sending it in to get fixed?

Reactions: Great_Lakes
I read once that the info on the SD card sometimes screews things up. Can you format the card in the GO camera menu?(if I format my card in my computer my AC will not see it) Try a clean format and a fresh install, it`s worth a try....And on a lighter note if you go on your porch and pitch it as hard as you can I bet it will fly about 50 feet, if you only get 30 feet you need to get back in the gym Nicko. lol (no don`t do it)

Reactions: Nickophantom4
I read once that the info on the SD card sometimes screews things up. Can you format the card in the GO camera menu?(if I format my card in my computer my AC will not see it) Try a clean format and a fresh install, it`s worth a try....And on a lighter note if you go on your porch and pitch it as hard as you can I bet it will fly about 50 feet, if you only get 30 feet you need to get back in the gym Nicko. lol (no don`t do it)
And I did format the card it seemed to work but might computer is messing up too with all these up dates and stuff I haven't turned it on in 6 months so there was a lot of updates

P4s do not do updates using SD cards, P3s did. You have to connect your mobile device to your Phantom.

The AC writes the update info on the card you can check if all was succesfull, update version and some other stuff. This is something I just saw as a possible problem for some, maybe leaving the card out could be a solution?

Last edited:
P4. mine does! It writes the update info after you updated with the usb cable from the AC to your tablet

Since the P4 does not use the SD card for updates, I am confused about your statement. I have updated my P4 with no SD card installed with no problems.

No I did update all firmware it it said it was complete when I finally got it downloaded to my computer and all was good only thing I can think of ,!I did try and start it all up when the battery fell out later when I thought it dried out... when I hit that very low tree in yard it still turns on and the battery that fell out only lights up to the second bar and won't charge so bought another and this all started happening hope putting that battery in it didn't mess anything major up to rest of inside computer ..everything looks normal for takeoff but just says cannot take on top bar where it's suppose to say ready for take off ....

The cannot take off will go on if you do not enough sattelites (less than 6) maybe your gps in your AC is damaged, I don't know if this will work but try to set it on atti mode as this does't need gps. but your RTH needs gps to set home point so don't leave home without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic