i have finally done it but couple of problems!

Reaction score
i have put the new 4mm antenna in my phantom 2 lastnight, it was reasonably easy.

just 2 problems i encountered...

1 of the screws for the gps board has been rounded off so i have only held it on using 3 screws and secondly i didnt dremel the inside shell to fit the 4mm antenna as i didnt want to ruin the shell.

i have switched it on upstairs in my bedroom and it went to 2 flashing green light after 30 seconds, very impressed with that but as soon as i tried it downstairs in the living room, it only went to 1 gree and 2 red flashes, im gueesing that is because its downstairs. but overall it seems to be working fine.

just wanted to ask you guys if its ok to screw it in with just 3 screws and is it ok with not dremeling the shell to fit the 4mm antenna?

i have put the new 4mm antenna in my phantom 2 lastnight, it was reasonably easy.

just 2 problems i encountered...

1 of the screws for the gps board has been rounded off so i have only held it on using 3 screws and secondly i didnt dremel the inside shell to fit the 4mm antenna as i didnt want to ruin the shell.

i have switched it on upstairs in my bedroom and it went to 2 flashing green light after 30 seconds, very impressed with that but as soon as i tried it downstairs in the living room, it only went to 1 gree and 2 red flashes, im gueesing that is because its downstairs. but overall it seems to be working fine.

just wanted to ask you guys if its ok to screw it in with just 3 screws and is it ok with not dremeling the shell to fit the 4mm antenna?

I never dremel mine either just just made sure not to tighten too tight. If you have a hot glue gun use it to secure the board in place for the missing screw.

Do not be fooled into a false security that you have six or more satellites upstairs vs downstairs just isn't true without a FPV system with iOSD to verify how many you have. Mine does the same thing depending on how close to a window it is and my work area i am 4 1/2 feet below ground.

Reactions: froggy8
thank you very much Jason!

im not technically minded and was bit wary doing this.

kept thinking the gps module will break if i keep flying in the state it is in right now.

I never dremel mine either just just made sure not to tighten too tight. If you have a hot glue gun use it to secure the board in place for the missing screw.

Do not be fooled into a false security that you have six or more satellites upstairs vs downstairs just isn't true without a FPV system with iOSD to verify how many you have. Mine does the same thing depending on how close to a window it is and my work area i am 4 1/2 feet below ground.

is it hard to install iosd?

if you havent dremmeled the inside shell, wont the gps be pushing down on the flight controller?

I didn't dremel mine and it has been that way for 2 years and it doesn't interfere with the flight controller.

I didn't dremel mine and it has been that way for 2 years and it doesn't interfere with the flight controller.

that really have put my mind at ease.

i have left it square and not diamond if that made sense.

in other words, i have tried to put the gps module same as the outline on the circuit board.

that really have put my mind at ease.

i have left it square and not diamond if that made sense.

in other words, i have tried to put the gps module same as the outline on the circuit board.

All that matters is that the board is in the exact position as it was before you replaced the antenna even though you only have three screws. If you have a hot glue gun use it to secure the board in place of the missing screw. Any how with the copper shield and the other shield if you did buy it the GPS module isn't going any where.

All that matters is that the board is in the exact position as it was before you replaced the antenna even though you only have three screws. If you have a hot glue gun use it to secure the board in place of the missing screw. Any how with the copper shield and the other shield if you did buy it the GPS module isn't going any where.

that is brilliant! feel so much better, got his quad brand new and the previous owner only flown it 3 times as he upgraded it to the p3.

i could take a few pictures of the inside if you like.

yes, i did get the gps booster too.

that is brilliant! feel so much better, got his quad brand new and the previous owner only flown it 3 times as he upgraded it to the p3.

i could take a few pictures of the inside if you like.

yes, i did get the gps booster too.

You ask about installing the iOSD earlier. The iOSD is just one part of the FPV system. So to have a complete system you would need the following items a gimbal, camera,video transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and diversity monitor/receiver all of which operate on a 5.8GHz frequency. Now all the equipment i use is posted in red at the bottom of this post.

You ask about installing the iOSD earlier. The iOSD is just one part of the FPV system. So to have a complete system you would need the following items a gimbal, camera,video transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and diversity monitor/receiver all of which operate on a 5.8GHz frequency. Now all the equipment i use is posted in red at the bottom of this post.

i am not really into cameras, just the telemetry side.

do i just get the mini iosd?

i am not really into cameras, just the telemetry side.

do i just get the mini iosd?

No the iOSD would be useless without the rest of the equipment.

i was just remembering what you said earlier about the true satalitle reading.

so you saying i need all the equipment you mentioned just to find out how many satalitle my phantom is picking up?

i was just remembering what you said earlier about the true satalitle reading.

so you saying i need all the equipment you mentioned just to find out how many satalitle my phantom is picking up?

It not just about how many satellites there are but the complete system give you what the camera sees, battery condition, height, distance and so much more. But just having the iOSD module all you would have is a plastic box with some electronics inside and nothing else.

It not just about how many satellites there are but the complete system give you what the camera sees, battery condition, height, distance and so much more. But just having the iOSD module all you would have is a plastic box with some electronics inside and nothing else.

sounds like its worth having

i have done a thread with pictures and video to show you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4