I have an Idea that needs some help

Reaction score
Hi, here is my project. I have about 6 or 7 Phantom V1 and 2 Phantom 2's. They all use the DJ6 as the RC Transmitter. I want to bind them all to one DJ6 and then do some kind of photo shoot of them all flying at the same time. I figure I would first make sure they all maintain position well with GPS, then put them on the ground properly spaced. Start them all up and then take some flying pictures both from a land based camera and from a Phantom 2 Vision Plus flying near the group. My problem is I cannot think of what to do with them once they are flying that would be Photogenic or at all interesting. I have had a hard time the last couple years in finding or thinking of things that are worth taking pictures of.

The only decent idea I have had and the one Idea that I am sure someone else will be using soon, is: I picture something like an really big outdoor concert were there are thousands of people standing in a crowd and down into the crowd comes some really big drones with huge propellers that chop off everyones heads. Wouldn't that be COOL?

Good grief.

The only decent idea I have had and the one Idea that I am sure someone else will be using soon, is: I picture something like an really big outdoor concert were there are thousands of people standing in a crowd and down into the crowd comes some really big drones with huge propellers that chop off everyones heads. Wouldn't that be COOL?

Only if that was a Justin Bieber concert !!

CallMeAlan said:
Good grief.

Could you picture it, Charlie Brown? :) Close eyes, picture large crowd, dancing, laughing, having fun and from above comes "THE DRONES"

Oohh. maybe I could do my above idea with a bunch of Phantoms all flying together. I could set up a bunch of little Army Men and attack them.

Hi dirkclod my ol' friend. Good to see your avatar! :)

Ok, just for you we will cut off "Justin Bieber's" head first. (This script just writes itself, wow)

Care to share your ideas that haven't met your standard of "decent?"

GoodnNuff said:

Care to share your ideas that haven't met your standard of "decent?"

Wow, you just blew my mind. :) I am at a loss for words and unable to respond.

I guess the best answer would be that all the people in the crowd are NAKED. Not quite so DECENT now!

(so I guess the movie should be made at Burning Man!)

You're not serious are you?
Have you thought about the fact that no two Phantoms are similar enough to fly the same?

Not to mention the ambient environment that is to say the breeze, wind, etc. will be different for each quad as well as the turbulence they each will create?

I believe what you will find is it's like 'hearding cats'. :lol:

(To all the cat fanciers here: No cats were harmed during the making of this post, I promise. ;) )

Reactions: Ezookiel
N017RW said:
I saw that done on TV. It was a blast!

I bet this thread would look a whole lot different without the last paragraph of the OP's post.
WTF Craig?... :lol:

I was thinking more like your RV park, or a group of motorcycles passing along on the highway.

What would be cool is to have the P1's flying and have a P2 filming them flying together.
The background could be of some interest too.

Go easy on those meds bro. :shock:

Wedeliver said:
Don't worry, they will not hurt you. They are just at your door to help you. Do not fear the white coats. That odd looking jacket is for your protection.......

That's a good one Happy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

N017RW said:
You're not serious are you?
Have you thought about the fact that no two Phantoms are similar enough to fly the same?

Not to mention the ambient environment that is to say the breeze, wind, etc. will be different for each quad as well as the turbulence they each will create?

(To all the cat fanciers here: No cats were harmed during the making of this post, I promise. ;) )

Thank you for your thoughtful response. To be honest I have not really thought a lot of what can go wrong, but your post does make me think. I can picture one of the quads goes left so I correct and all the quads are now going right.. I don't know but it sounds funnier then all heck. And to the issue of "hearding cats". Actually for any cat owners out there it is not that hard. Just walk around with an electric can opener and keep pressing the button. All the cats will follow you, try and trip you, over herding I would call it.

So, maybe, this is the break though I was hoping to get from you guys. The purpose of the short Youtube video could be how hard it is to control 6 Phantom's and 3 Phantom 2's, all with 1 RC Transmitter. Probably try them 1 at a time, then pair them up, till I can get a minute or two of "coordinated swimming" I am now picturing SYNCHRONIZED FLYING maybe videoed from above even.

locoworks said:
you need help alright !! ;)

I am not sure how to take this. are you volunteering? :)

I know the idea sounds crazy, but think about this. A long time ago a couple brothers were telling family and friends that they had an idea to take a new invention, the internal combustion engineer, put it on the front of a bunch of Balsa Wood and see if they can fly like a bird. Sounds crazy and really does not compare to what I have planned.

flybynight said:
and **POOF* your on a government watch list,,, just that easy!

Well in that case I am going to WATCH THEM. (anyone watching me is gonna get very bored)

But tell me flybynight, what do you think of my idea? Is it really that bad I am not getting much in the way of positive feedback.

I want to be there when you fly six quads all from one radio, but I want to be viewing from within a safe structure, because I envisage carnage ... and not of the people in the concert, but of the quads themselves, and that is definitely going to be something to watch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4