I have a trick to remove a stuck-on lens...

From the "What a Douche I Am" department...

After reading all the lovely responses on here I decided to go look in the box my P3P came in. Guess what I found... A little motor wrench that fits the camera lens. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dirty Bird

After reading all the lovely responses on here I decided to go look in the box my P3P came in. Guess what I found... A little motor wrench that fits the camera lens. :rolleyes:
The motor wrench did not work for me. I wrapped the lens with a nylon tie and was able to remove it that way.

Reactions: Tim in Florida
Jesus the little bugger is hard to remove. Just got my P3A today and a 3 stop polar pro filter, just went to try and remove the original in the field and not a chance, it's well stuck on!

The first camera I had on my P3 the lens cover removed with out a problem. The 2nd one won't move no mater what I try. I will give this ago thanks for the tip [emoji106]

I read a few things here and did it last night in less than a minute. With washed hands, no good. My big tip: Put on a rubber glove. Then with the LIGHTEST of pressure use the thumb, index and second finger to turn the front edge/corner of lens cover. The lighter the pressure the easier. I could not believe that any moderate pressure and the cap will not move/unscrew but with a rubber glove and faint pressure, it loosens just like that!

I just did this same step with a RGB cord, no tools, no pliers, just pinch the cored tight with my fingers and gave a little twist and voila! Thanks for the tips everyone.

I had tried everything mentioned to no avail and finally had success using very minimal pressure on the edge using rubber gloves.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't recommend using the motor wrench on the lense. I just tried it, and the plastic wrench snapped. I sure hope I don't need that for anything.

Otherwise there is this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My ND filters arrived today. The motor/prop wrench broke but the filter lens held tight. I came here to read how to do it and the rubberband worked. Thanks! Now to replace my wrench...

Once I got it off sprayed WD40 on a cloth wiped the threads and the issue never came back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers