I hate DJI. What other brand i can change to?

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am very tired of this product, they replaced my faulty drone, with a new faulty drone. They want me to send it back to them, which costs me 150$ shipping fee+ taxes everytime i do that. i am not going to do it again, because once i did it they sent me a faulty drone again. pretending its a new one.

What my plans are is to sell this drone by pieces(gimbal, batteries, ESC and etc) - and move to some other brand.
Which is more reliable as with their drones, as with there updates for it.
What would you recommend?

what other drone has RTH option and stuff like that?

Reactions: GClef
Hey guys

I am very tired of this product, they replaced my faulty drone, with a new faulty drone. They want me to send it back to them, which costs me 150$ shipping fee+ taxes everytime i do that. i am not going to do it again, because once i did it they sent me a faulty drone again. pretending its a new one.

What my plans are is to sell this drone by pieces(gimbal, batteries, ESC and etc) - and move to some other brand.

Look into Autel.Very similar in design and features. I've heard their customer service runs circles around DJI. Of course that doesn't say much.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are NOT in USA you will have same problem as at present they are only officially supported in USA (re autel).

I wasnt exactly a fan of the brand before I bought my P3 . I had seen loads of drama's with naza flight controllers and early phantoms over the years, and I despise their apple like walled garden approach. So I looked very hard for an alternative, as a phantom ranked near the bottom on my wishlist by default.

The sad truth is I couldnt find one. Autel isnt available where I live. Yuneec is too big/sluggish for me, and video quality just a hair inferior. Xiro has a cool drone, but the one with integrated camera is limited to 1080p30, which doesnt cut it for me. Firmware also seems to have quite a few issues

I had my hopes pinned on the new Xiaomi 4K drone, but it wasnt, and possibly still isnt available. If it is now, you'l be "beta testing", but I have nothing but good experience with the brand (phones, wifi routers etc) and on paper their drone looks quite good. Its also like half the price of DJI, so you might want to give it a shot.

The potential problem you have at the moment is that with the DJI as market leader there are a lot of features you wont see in competitors offerings and you wont bebefit from the third party developer support and investment in apps. Perhaps this isnt an issue for you. It is a relavent consideration though.

If i remember correctly your drone flew into a cloth on your balcony ultimately causing an ESC error. Because you used a drop shipper you had to return the drone at your expense. They repaired under warranty, or at least that was the expectation however you have new problems now.

Why dont you explain the ussue and see if we can help you before taking a loss on trying your luck with something else.

From your earlier posts here you were having a great time before this run of bad luck. Maybe you can get back there easier than it seems at tne moment.

I had a Blade 350 QX3 prior to getting a P2A.
It was easy to fly, reliable as a new chevy pickup and produced phenomenal video.
I almost bought a new Yuneec Typhoon G instead of the P3A.
The only reason I bought the P3A was its programmable autonomous flight capabilities for ag scouting.

I find DJI quadcopters to be rather good. I've had four now all very reliable.

+1

on my 6th phantom in last couple years (bought and sold in working order 4, still fly 2) and find them reliable and solid for the abilities they have had .

Only issues I have had pretty much are on ME.

I have NOT ever had the need to call, email , or attempt to contact DJI for anything about my Phantoms.
Not only that each one has been Used from B&H and am still flying my p3p bought last year.

good luck and have fun flying!

Hey guys

I am curious , what is wrong with this faulty drone?
maybe its is a simple fix and someone can help you before you toss out the baby with the bath water

Now a days you could actually bottle & sell that bath water on Craigs List. The baby, well, PM me on that. Hahaha J/K

Seriously though, yes, we are here to help & guide you through the dark and mysterious update maze... Hahaha

Yes please, Don't do anything rash...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: MasterBlaster
The varieties are endless these days, especially in the beginner grade level. Several are described here.
Depending on budget, the choices are nearly endless. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I personally would have a very hard time leaving the light bridge feature. There is just no comparison when it comes to it.

I personally would have a very hard time leaving the light bridge feature. There is just no comparison when it comes to it.

Have you ever flown with a high quality 5.8 or 2.4 Ghz analog FPV setup? It compares pretty well. Resolution is less, but range can match light bridge with the right antenna's (and potentially far exceeds it if you go overboard with stuff like antenna trackers. 100Km fixed wing flights have been done). And zero latency. not 'low'. Zero. Thats something Im having a really hard time leaving behind.

I would recommend a yuneec typhoon H. There's never a guarantee of a perfect product with anything you buy. Customer service experiences can differ pretty drastically from person to person. Yuneec is not immune to that. However in my experience and from all that I see thus far with the typhoon H, yuneec makes a solid bird and throws in everything but the kitchen sink into their packages. Firmware updates are typically painless and reliable - reliability being a stand out from the oddities that can happen with dji firmware on everything from the rc to the aircraft to the flight app and to the batteries too. If I fell out of favor with dji I would surely go back to yuneec. But, I don't plan on that happening. My phantom has been awesome and as long as I remain a smart and competent pilot, I don't expect that to change.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
I would recommend a yuneec typhoon H. .

Before you make the jump be sure to read the Yuneec forum. The H started off with really high expectations. There are some issues to be aware of first. Autel, if you live in the US Is a decent alternative. There are reports of some video lag issues. Still looks like Autel would be a good alternative to DJI.

Autel's flagship costs $674 today on Amazon rather than $900, so you should look into that asap.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you ever flown with a high quality 5.8 or 2.4 Ghz analog FPV setup? It compares pretty well. Resolution is less, but range can match light bridge with the right antenna's (and potentially far exceeds it if you go overboard with stuff like antenna trackers. 100Km fixed wing flights have been done). And zero latency. not 'low'. Zero. Thats something Im having a really hard time leaving behind.

I wouldn't say I have an actual high quality. I say that because the ones I have, have been those that have required add-on's, tripod's,.....additional equipment of some kind. So I feel like if additions were added to the light bridge we'd end up with still an even better setup.

After reading some of the 1st group of post here I went and checked out the spec's on the Autel Pro setup. They claimed a flight distance of 1.2 miles. Then I saw had it turned up to 125mw.

I wouldn't say I have an actual high quality. I say that because the ones I have, have been those that have required add-on's, tripod's,.....additional equipment of some kind. So I feel like if additions were added to the light bridge we'd end up with still an even better setup.

Lightbridge range already is perfectly fine for me, but no amount of additions is going to solve the latency issue, or the way it handles low signal. Analog FPV is always going to be superior than LB in that regard.

Autel's flagship costs $674 today on Amazon rather than $900, so you should look into that asap.

That's going to be the X-Star... (Similar to the P3s). The Premium model which is similar to the P3p is $900

That's going to be the X-Star... (Similar to the P3s). The Premium model which is similar to the P3p is $900

The premium model was on sale on Amazon for $674. It's ironic, because the x star at that time actually cost more than the premium model at $699. But, the premium model is back up to $899, as all of the Lightning deal ones sold out quickly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4